It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Cloud Print Sends Smartphone Pages To Printers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Google Cloud Print Sends Smartphone Pages To Printers

www.toptechnews.com

Google introduced a new beta service Tuesday as the first step in the development of a technology that promises to let users print Relevant Products/Services from any device running any operating system or browser, and without installing printer Relevant Products/Services drivers or other special software.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ok this is really great news, I buy a new printer bring it home and hit print and voila google magically makes my printer print. Then my CS knowledge came in and I thought wait what? how can it do that? further reading showed that it claimed to be able to print to any printer. what? Like anyone can print to my printer? Tinfoil hat time!

Really its not at either extreme.

To get started, users will need to install the latest beta version of Google Chrome (9.0.597.10) on a PC Relevant Products/Services running Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 that is also connected to the printer that will be the host machine for remote devices.

Really it contradicts itself, first saying that no printer install is necessary and then asking to do just that. All in all its a good centralizing system, but not what this article makes it out to be.

www.toptechnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/26/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is really cool and helpfull tech.

However, I wouldn't want to send everything I want to print through the Google cloud. I believe that this is just another way to absorb information. Kinda like how if you want to transfer anything through MSN messenger you have to download and install the Microsoft file scanner "to ensure there is no virus"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
Kinda like how if you want to transfer anything through MSN messenger you have to download and install the Microsoft file scanner "to ensure there is no virus"

Huh ? I didn't know about that. I use pidgin and can transfer files to contacts on MSN messenger without needing any file scanner or whatever.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

It is only required if you transfer something from MSN messenger.

top topics

join