It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Tough Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Question 1: I would never recommend anyone have an abortion. I would support her choice, whatever it was. And yes, the world would be a tiny bit different without Beethoven, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd still have a lot of wonderful music. And who's to say that someone else wouldn't have written the music he did, if it hadn't already been written?

Question 2: I wouldn't vote for any of them based on the information given. I would need to know their position on the issues. Smoking, drinking, affairs, astrologists... those are all personal choices and none of my business. Associating with crooked politicians does not MAKE one a crooked politician. I have associated with many an unsavory character in my life, but that doesn't make me one.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
S n' F my friend.

tough questions and the answers were even better hahaha

Do not judge before you know people or real situations.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would always vote for quart of whiskey!

And I would not recommend abortion being the kid on the way, but would frankly suggest the lady not to try for the ninth next Mozart.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i elected hitler and killed beethoven.s&f

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

Q1- C section
Q2- the who is intended to be the leader

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Erm yea ok he might have only had a few beers, but your quizz forgot to mention that he took speed and heroin for breakfast 'the hitler speed bomb' as its famously known... I think that might have swayed people away from "saint" hitler? I think it was layed out a bit biased-ly that quiz.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

Oh and I actually went for (a) because I felt somebody who liked astrology and had some martinis in him sounded like someone I'd trust more
, I find vegetarian hippy douche heads a bore and a little dumb minded though... thats just me...
edit on 26-1-2011 by Lagrimas because: addition

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Trick questions with missing information to force you to make a vague choice , its a cute laugh but baseless

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why elect anyone?
How about being a sovereign, free individual?

Who needs a leader?
Not me.

Electing politicians is the same as betting on human nature.
Always a losing bet.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??

Question 1:

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

I would counsel her to the best of my ability, factoring in other variables not listed here, such as her financial means of supporting children, etc.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.
Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A:
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.
He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 Martinis a day.

Candidate B:
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C:
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never committed adultery.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?

I'd have to consider their voting records and positions on key issues. Their personal lives are secondary to their public behaviors. Many great leaders were utter cads privately. Just as many very noble men have turned out to be wanting leaders.

Remember:

Amateurs ... Built the ark.
Professionals ... Built the Titanic

Ahhh... But the ark ferried life, thus allowing it to reinhabit the earth. The Titanic sunk with great loss of life.

Or was that your point?

~Heff

edit on 1/26/11 by Hefficide because: bb tag fail

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I did not "elect" anyone.

Considering the candidates, i consider my choice to be correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Question 1: No, who am i to judge that her or her childrens lifes are full of horror and suffering and adding another life is just going to make it worse.

Question 2: Candidate C, drug free.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Cool in my world Beethoven is still alive and we have Churchill as our leader.

Fun but as another poster mentioned, baseless guessing without the facts.
Just like hiring someone just by reading their self authored resume!

Peace
edit on 26/1/2011 by LestatG because: Typo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
No soap box, but consider how many potential Beethovens have been killed.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

I chose no on the first one. Not my choice to take a life.

Funny thing about the world leader vote... When I looked at the last in the list I thought this...

War hero.. Doesnt mean anything. Could have been a butcher. Could have been a real hero. Id have to know details of his honor.

Vegitarian... Something is wrong with him. Antichrist comes to mind. I heard through out my years from various sources that the antichrist would be a vegitarian. Normaly I wouldnt give this much thought but I do recall the prophets being mentioned in the bible as vegitarians. holy vs unholy Besides... Wether we're supposed to be meat eaters or not, we do have the teeth that makes pulling proten out of meat much more suitable. To top it off, dead cow just tastes good! Living in a world without a rare steak is just madness alltogether!

Drinks seldom... good guy. Doesnt need something to cloud his judgement or lead with false bravado and wreckless choices.

Never commited adultry.... Well, if he had sex at all, it was probably with his niece. That in itself is pretty messed up, for todays day and age.

Minimal information doesnt take my vote for any leader. If they want my vote, I need to know who I'm putting in a better livelyhood than myself. They must deserve it and live up to every aspect of what I think is worthy for me to think that they should live better than I with that much power over me.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Beethoven was the middle of 3 healthy brothers by the way. So going by this real fact, how about if the 9th child had turned out to be Hitler? Maybe an abortion would have been a good idea after all.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No...no abortion. And B.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
S&F!

I love questions like these, they are real eye openers and for me at least they make me think more about the decisions I make in life.

Most decisions in life aren't so obvious as to be common sense, this is why mistakes are inevitable, learning is the only way to correct a mistake.

BTW, I killed Beethoven and elected Hitler...

In reality though I don't vote or get into other people's business so these questions didn't really apply to me, I answered them for the sake of the thread..

Scary to know though...

~sly~

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I got these questions in a chain mail the other day, i thought it was pretty cool, i just wanted to see what answer you lot get really, and reply what answer you put BEFORE you look at the answers, otherwise its cheating
. . . .
Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?
. . . .
Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.
Here are the facts about the three candidates.
Candidate A:
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.
He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 Martinis a day.
Candidate B:
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.
Candidate C:
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never committed adultery.

You've been a member of ATS for nearly a year and still haven't learned that chain emails are not reliable sources of information? You can look pretty silly not checking the facts and posting unsourced nonsense.

When Beethoven was conceived his mother, (née Maria Magdalena Keverich,) had no children. She had given birth during her previous marriage (aged 16) but the baby had died young. Widowed at 18 she married Johann van Beethoven and soon gave birth to a baby which only lived 6 days. Her next child, born in 1770, was Ludwig Van Beethoven. She gave birth to 5 children later, making a total of eight children, 3 of whom, including Ludwig, survived..

There is no record of any of these children being blind, deaf or mentally handicapped.

Maria was not ill when the children were young, and she did not have syphilus. She died in 1787 of tuberculosis.

As for Hitler being vegetarian:

On page 89 of The Gourmet Cooking School Cookbook, Dione Lucas, recalling her pre-World War II stint as a hotel chef in Hamburg, Germany, states: 'I do not mean to spoil your appetites for stuffed squab, but you might be interested to know that it was a great favorite with Mr. Hitler, who dined at the hotel often. Let us not hold that against a fine recipe though.

Author Robert Payne, in his biography of Hitler, The Life and Death of Adolph Hitler theorizes that the image of Hitler as a vegetarian ascetic was deliberately fostered by propaganda minster Joseph Goebbels:

"Hitler's asceticism played an important part in the image he projected over Germany. According to the widely believed legend he neither smoked nor drank, nor did he eat meat or have anything to do with women. Only the first was true. He drank beer and diluted wine frequently, had a special fondness for Bavarian sausages and kept a mistress....His asceticism was a fiction invented by Goebbels to emphasize his total dedication, his self-control, the distance that separated him from other men....In fact, he was remarkably self-indulgent and possessed none of the instincts of the ascetic.

The contention that Hitler lived a chaste live is also pure fiction. He had a number of girlfriends, and claimed to prefer women young and stupid. Two supposedly committed suicide and a third tried to.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Buzz. Kill.

Nice work though.

Next thing you'll say is Churchill drank gin instead of whiskey.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

If abortion is murder, then c.ming is genocide

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join