It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bc0217d6c5a.png[/atsimg]

This is it, my friends. Super Bowl XLV is here and it is quite a match-up!

In one corner, we have a team who dominated the 60's; in the other, a team who dominated the 70's. The Packers have won 12 NFL Championships, the most in the league. The Steelers have won six Super Bowls, also the most in the league. Both teams have made a combined 11 Super Bowl appearances prior to this season and have won a combined nine of them.

But probably most important of all, we have a match-up of the two teams with the greatest and most dedicated fans in the league. That is why, in making this thread, I fully expect an onslaught of both my Packer brethren, as well as those fans of that other team who have been temporarily put on my own personal terrorist watch list, in the next 11 days before the game and the months long depression of one team's fan base in the aftermath of the game.

Where are you at, Packer fans? How about you, Steeler fans? Come on in and talk some trash. There's plenty to go around. Regardless of the outcome, it should be one hell of a game... but you Steelers are still going to lose.

edit on 1/26/2011 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Go Buffalo!!!!

The Bills will trounce all of you all in the next few years...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I take it your a packer fan? with all the green and logos lol

Reminds me of the Oregon ducks same colors i think (green and yellow)
no offense just saying the obvious

I'm not a fan of either team but
I wish them both a great game
They both fought hard to get to where they are.

My very first NFL game was a home game Jets vs Steal
and the last game almost reminded me of that score though
they did great the rest of the season.

My team that I root for never seams to make it but oh well
to the teams that did have a good one

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Go Buffalo!!!!

At least you're #3 in the draft. That has to count for something, right?

Better luck next year! But, umm, you'll still be in last place.

Originally posted by EvilBat
I take it your a packer fan?

Damn, you're good!!!

edit on 1/26/2011 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
well i didnt know both teams have been to the superbowl 5 in a half times. or the other stuff...cause im a fan of neither. but would honestly want to see the packers win cause the COLTS should be there instead of the steelers (or steal-hers if you roethlisberger). and the depression after losing a superbowl....never...ever...goes away...but i am with you, packers should win, im not sure if rodgers is healthy yet, but im sure he will be by the time the bowl comes. o yeah, before i forget...GO COLTS!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Go Buffalo!!!!

The Bills will trounce all of you all in the next few years...

If only that were true! After watching 4 consecutive Superbowl defeats, I lost faith. My mother has a Buffalo Bills shrine with signed jerseys/footballs, etc that is quite impressive and probably worth some coin.

Maybe they will rise again??

(I'm guessing the Flutie Flakes in her collection are no longer edible!)
edit on 26-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I know this is about Pro ball
but am I the only guy that writes emails to the local news about
college ball and says I don't care how many yards they ran
whats the grades like, the majors?

I think it would be kick but to show that on tv for the kids to see

"Dad he ran blahblah yards last game"
"Yes he did son, but he gets an average of 93.5 on all subjects"
"That's cool! I'm gonna go study!"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
GO PACKERS!!!!!!

vegas has us up by 3

But, im pretty sure it will be by more than that. it feels like greenbay has a team built around putting the stealers down this year.

we have the defense to stop "rothlesburgler" as well as their run game. and as far as offense goes, arron rodgers has a qb rating in a dome of 122..something.

i kinda hope for a good game but i smell a 3rd quarter blowout
edit on 26-1-2011 by Boredomsux because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zak89
well i didnt know both teams have been to the superbowl 5 in a half times.

The Steelers have been seven times and the Packers have been four times, not including this year's appearance.

Originally posted by zak89
im not sure if rodgers is healthy yet

Nobody is healthy this time of year. Everybody out on that field will be sore. They've all been in practice and getting hit for more than six months straight now. The contact takes a toll. But having said that, I have absolutely no doubt that Rodgers will play. Short of a concussion or his leg falling off, I can't see any scenario where he would not play. This isn't Jay Cutler we're talking about.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Packers are gonna take the win on this one. I dont think it will be an easy win though, both teams have been real good this year. But imma be showing my support by wearing my cheese hat all day

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN
[more
you can thank USC for the best defensive players on both teams. clay matthews and Troy Polamalu.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

GO PACKERS!!! Ben RAPElisberger needs to lose!! He should have been banned from the NFL after the 10th accusation of sexual assault, but no, the 11th time we will suspend him for 4 games!!! COME ON..... I hope the Packers absolutely destroy the Steal ers, and rip Ben's *** wide open like he does to his victims!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I can't wait for this game! The last time the Packers were in the Super Bowl, I was only 10 years old. I was a "fan" and watched the games because it was my dad's favorite team at the time but I didn't really know what was going on. So this is the first time I've seen them in the Super Bowl in the 10 years since I started to obsessively follow them.

And actually, besides the Astros making it to the World Series in 2005, this is the first time I have ever seen my favorite team in any professional sport make it to the championship round since I coherently began following sports. It's been quite a sad history with my teams.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The Steeler fans are MIA on this thread.

What happened, guys? I know you're out there. You aren't sticking up for your team here. You're not representing. You're not holding to your reputation of being the second best fans in this Super Bowl match-up...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
but you Steelers are still going to lose.

Um.........says you.

I have a different prediction and think that tomorrow at this time, your tears of sadness at losing will still be flowing..

but then again, I have been a Leafs fan since 1964 so don't have the best track record......

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!

There are only two teams I like in the NFL and my favorite team has already been kicked out so at least my other team has made it to the Superbowl!

Poor... poor... Patriots...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Saints and Titans fan here.....I think Green Bay has got this one, and will win 31-10

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Off topic... 3 movie trailers, so far - ALL aliens.

[New Transformers movie, Cowboys vs Aliens, Super 8 (JJ Abrams/Spielberg)]

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sorry, Thor and Fast and the Furious 27 (Suck Fest)

And, now, captain America.

That's it. Hollywood is out of ideas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join