It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman survives fall from 23rd floor (picture)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

In this photograph taken with a mobile phone, a woman lies injured atop a taxi where she fell from the 23rd floor of the Hotel Panamericano in Buenos Aires, January 24, 2011.
Credit: Reuters/Denisse Pato Beratis

(Reuters) - An Argentine woman survived after jumping from the 23rd floor of a downtown Buenos Aires hotel on Monday, landing on a taxi moments after the driver dashed to safety, the state news agency reported.

The 33-year-old woman was in the intensive care ward of a Buenos Aires hospital after the suicide attempt, the Telam agency said.

Taxi driver Miguel Cajal said he got out of his parked taxi and ran for safety when he saw a policeman looking up at the woman, who was on an upper floor of the Panamericano hotel.

"If I hadn't got out, I'd be dead," Cajal, 39, told local television, which showed pictures of his mangled vehicle, its windshield and roof crushed by the impact of the woman's fall.

Reuters

Wow. 23 floors?

This is incredible. It was'nt for her to die. What's worse is that as she jumped, we can not say it was lucky she survived.

Never seen anything like this before.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
incredible!
I want to know more about this girl.
I wonder why she was trying to commit suicide?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
wow alot of crazythings happening there was something about people in brazil or something being confirmed dead n then after 3 days coming back ????? weird

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by darkpassenger23

Have you ever read the book "The Serpent and The Rainbow"?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by koots751

You know you're having the worst day ever when you even fail at suicide.

Originally posted by koots751
reply to post by darkpassenger23

Have you ever read the book "The Serpent and The Rainbow"?

Please, clarify...
edit on 26-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkpassenger23
wow alot of crazythings happening there was something about people in brazil or something being confirmed dead n then after 3 days coming back ????? weird

Yeh I saw the thread, thats was really odd.
edit on 26-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yea, I know of people coming back from the dead throughout history, but I think the brazil may link to this one in some way. For one, if the dead in Brazil actually rose when they stated something along the lines of "rise in the name of Jesus", how could that be possible, unless some out of worldly force exists after death? Now this, that car is in such bad shape, my mind cant get past the fact that she survived. Too strange, but awesome as well. Hopefully she survives and starts a happier life after something like this.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by koots751

no i havent

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Sometimes is just not your time to go.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

That would have to be one of the strangest things i have seen.

Is this definately real - 23 floors?

Where's the blood?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw this earlier today.. pretty amazing! All I can say is that it must really suck to not even be able to kill yourself when you want to.. and jumping from that height she was definitely pretty sure she wanted to die. I wonder after this little painful stint she will try again??

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I bet things would be a lot different if he hit concrete instead of bushes

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Thats amazing man. Brings to life the reality of death. Those last seconds he let out his emotions of fear/anger thinking he was about to be done. SOB lived through it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by RUSSO

That would have to be one of the strangest things i have seen.

Is this definately real - 23 floors?

Where's the blood?

Broken bones and internal bleeding. But she is fine. How? I really don't know.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

yeah, thats really strange. I guess it's not impossible and she is lucky as hell but still i think you would have a better chance of winning lotto than surviving that fall. 23 stories is a long drop....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

winning lotto

Thats my point, I think she won a lottery that she would not win. Reality stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I can relate to the pain she must be feeling right now. When i was 18. I fell 60 feet from a ledge onto a canopy roof and then onto a taxi waiting below. Spending 4 days in intensive care and 6 weeks in hospital with a broken femur, shattered elbow, 2 broken hands and internal injuries. Your outlook on life changes after this.

My heart goes out to that girl. If this was suicide. What ever it was that drove her to doing this must have been bad.

Cherish life and all it has to offer.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When I saw that on the news here (I'm Argentinian) I was completely shocked! I had turned the TV sound off and when I read the woman had fallen off a 23rd floor I thought she was dead. Then the owner of the taxi gave an interview and said how it happened.
Apparently she went up to that floor and started drinking, then she jumped. Her partner was completely devastated, the taxi owner said.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Casandra because: Change of words

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's weird, but it happens
abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=5869638
Man survives 47-story fall off skyscraper

and

Man Survives 39-Story Fall, With Help from Dodge

Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

This is really sad. I hope she can walk again.

new topics

top topics

join