It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 06: "China Unleashed," The Dragon Rises

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
well this is the result of me having this video caught in my mind...

Since I first watched and till i just finished the thread I created...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also was wondering how the next episodes where decided.. and where the interviews where conducted...

Again good work on the interviews...
edit on 26-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: ello

I also was wondering how the next episodes where decided.. and where the interviews where conducted...

Again good work on the interviews...
edit on 26-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: ello

Thanks for the interest Ripcontrol
The topics for the shows are generally decided by what the popular topics are on the ATS site and deliberated between myself and the producers. The location generally has bee around "The Village" as of recent, but we really don't know where we will go until day of. That too is subject to change. Last week we started in Washington Square Park and wound up on the Lower East Side.
Hope that helps.
- D.Scin

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Yes. Despite continued posturing in the region in general which has a number of their neighbor alarmed. Then there is the plight of Tibet and how badly they want a certain island that does not want them. Simple fact of the matter is China is starting to throw around their weight and in the end it's only a question of how far are they willing to go. Opinions are varied but you cannot automatically assume a altruistic intent as it does not fit in with their posture or their history.

Eloquent bonus points for you. :-)

Thing of it is this is a move on China's part to help themselves first and foremost, but it helps us as well. The NK nuke situation needs to go away, and China has taken the lead role in solving this most dire issue. They are not leaving NK, and I'm think it's going to eventually become just another province of China. The NK government I think is in big trouble with big brother China. Their future seems really bleak at this point in time.

You think N.Korea is just going to turn the keys over to China? You might also not try to be a Richard Cranium. Maybe it just comes natural to you.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever
reply to post by eLPresidente

I have noticed that here at ATS we are dealing with the highest calibre of people. Mostly in the know more than anyone else. Why its a freakin competition as to who is the smartest,wisest,and quickest to comment. I hope you have a wrotten day over this post.

Seriously do you live in China, how can you make the claims that you do. Especialy that you catigorise Americans into one group that doesnt understand China as the growing power it is. Maybe it is you that should apologise to the rest of us that you have sterio typed into a single brick.

If you were insulted by my post then maybe you do belong into the group I mentioned. Nobody is in a competition to make posts here (at least I'm not), if you think that is the case, again, maybe you do belong in said group. I call it how I see it, and don't think any apology is warranted, were you offended? yes I actually do believe you were because you wished me a rotten day by reading your post...what kind of childish remark is that? Do your homework on China, do your homework on America then do some homework on yourself.

I'm not afraid to admit to being wrong but there is nothing wrong with saying most Americans are ignorant to what is going on in the rest of the world-although, there will never be a scientific study on what percentage of people from which nations are ignorant.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Yes. Despite continued posturing in the region in general which has a number of their neighbor alarmed. Then there is the plight of Tibet and how badly they want a certain island that does not want them. Simple fact of the matter is China is starting to throw around their weight and in the end it's only a question of how far are they willing to go. Opinions are varied but you cannot automatically assume a altruistic intent as it does not fit in with their posture or their history.

Eloquent bonus points for you. :-)

Thing of it is this is a move on China's part to help themselves first and foremost, but it helps us as well. The NK nuke situation needs to go away, and China has taken the lead role in solving this most dire issue. They are not leaving NK, and I'm think it's going to eventually become just another province of China. The NK government I think is in big trouble with big brother China. Their future seems really bleak at this point in time.

You think N.Korea is just going to turn the keys over to China? You might also not try to be a Richard Cranium. Maybe it just comes natural to you.

Right, mikie, I'm the DK.

PS I really don't think NK has a choice in the matter.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I have noticed that here at ATS we are dealing with the highest calibre of people. Mostly in the know more than anyone else. Why its a freakin competition as to who is the smartest,wisest,and quickest to comment. I hope you have a wrotten day over this post.

Seriously do you live in China, how can you make the claims that you do. Especialy that you catigorise Americans into one group that doesnt understand China as the growing power it is. Maybe it is you that should apologise to the rest of us that you have sterio typed into a single brick.

What, you don't write in long ranting caps on this site when you're being belligerent and rude?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok they make stuff cheap.... at the expense of quasi-slave labor which won't exist once their baby boom dies off and they have a middle class..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Yes, let us hope that they actually learn from the blatant mistakes of past fallen empires, America including.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Excuse me while I go wring my brain out from the downpour of "WTF was that" ...

Either the average American is just plain dumb, and when I say dumb I mean dumb... or ATS is just not targeting the right people to talk to...

Anyhow, I'm not too worried about China... their economy revolves around people going TO them... in the end, without us, they'd be the "poor kids with no more food" again, all over again.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What, you don't write in long ranting caps on this site when you're being belligerent and rude?

That should be only a reply to mike184ever not eLPresidente. I could have sworn I hit the reply to Mike's post and not eLPresidente.
edit on 28-1-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

If you were insulted by my post then maybe you do belong into the group I mentioned. Nobody is in a competition to make posts here (at least I'm not), if you think that is the case, again, maybe you do belong in said group. I call it how I see it, and don't think any apology is warranted, were you offended? yes I actually do believe you were because you wished me a rotten day by reading your post...what kind of childish remark is that? Do your homework on China, do your homework on America then do some homework on yourself.

I'm not afraid to admit to being wrong but there is nothing wrong with saying most Americans are ignorant to what is going on in the rest of the world-although, there will never be a scientific study on what percentage of people from which nations are ignorant.

Ditto

And sorry about that one post of mine with the quote of yours above.
That was intended for mike, not you. If I still had the edit option available for that particular post, I would remove it.
edit on 28-1-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes, let us hope that they actually learn from the blatant mistakes of past fallen empires, America including.

So you want them to keep their slave labor? And if we're a fallen empire I guess that sucks for them too because we won't be buying anything...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero

So you want them to keep their slave labor? And if we're a fallen empire I guess that sucks for them too because we won't be buying anything...

Yes and that is what you think, why would I want slave labor? do I seem that cold hearted to you? wtf is wrong with you?

Slave labor is relative only to what you know about Chinese regulations and where they are compared to where the rest of the 'advanced world' is. Yes, China may have a first rate infrastructure but their civility/human rights/corruption is still behind. Remember, a lot of Chinese in power and wealth today were merely farmers and poor people just years to a decade ago. This fast rags to riches story doesn't provide these people with the civility to do good but to do what others are doing. Corruption is a huge deal in China but regulations are in place and enforcement is taking place. Talking about slave labor today in China is irrelevant because they ARE changing whether you like it or not.

Global economics is changing faster than you can comprehend and sooner rather than later, the Chinese won't need to rely on U.S. as buyers anymore (at least not as heavily as today). As other nations and their middle class continue to grow, the dependency on U.S. purchasing power will dwindle down. Especially now that the USD is weakening all over the world, record inflation and commodities is just now, it only gets worse. Our way of life is a drug and the more we rely on this drug, we'll never get better.

The way I see it, at least China wants change...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Intresting video.... not in a good way.

Im a brit living in china, been here for a few years now, have a chinese wife and you know what the chinese think and say about the rest of the world?
They respect all people for their individuality....

Nuff said

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join