ATS Street View 06: "China Unleashed," The Dragon Rises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
well this is the result of me having this video caught in my mind...

Since I first watched and till i just finished the thread I created...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also was wondering how the next episodes where decided.. and where the interviews where conducted...

Again good work on the interviews...
edit on 26-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: ello

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I personally was amazed at the amount of people who knew what they were talking about and the quality of the answers were great! Of course they probably edited out the people who didnt know where or what they were talking about, like the people who dont know who George Washington was...Ever see a street interview on late night TV?
edit on 26-1-2011 by xynephadyn because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

First off good job on your thread!

The topics are chosen based on popularity of the current weeks discussions. We get a few "possible topics" together and dwindle that number down to one or two. Then we research the topics and pick out questions to throw out when the crew is filming.

It's a lot of fun producing these shows and very enlightening!

reply to post by xynephadyn

We try our best to give an accurate view of the street. Which includes people who know what's happening and those who are well... Not that aware.
edit on 26-1-2011 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

Originally posted by TmTrvlr
China's ultimate goal is world Domination. They don't give a hoot about their own people so where do the rest of us stand? Gulp. This is not good. My heart really goes out to South Korea, they really are a lovely people. When China marches, we are all in a lot of trouble. To say I am worried, is a great understatement.

China has been the sleeping Giant. All along where has China demonstrated World domination? I just haven't seen their will to do so. Now I have seen a world power emerge and a growing super economy advance.Their advancements in building and engineering far surpass the Globe.

To the OP point,why is China pushing troups into N.Korea instead of pushing Diplomacy?... Time will tell the tale indeed!!

Read the news, mike. This is diplomacy. China is not posturing against the U.S.. They are seizing North Korea so we wont be put in a position to do so in the near future where we will then be on their doorstep.

It's good to be able to see the forest from the trees, mike.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I gave you a star because I agree. This is strictly business. Any worries about China being able to 'influence' our society per se in the future are misguided. It's my opinion when the USD finally collapse, .China will stop manipulating their currency and there will be more 'takeovers', but again, this it's only a business takeover from their stand point and not a governmental one.
edit on 26-1-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

China's ultimate goal is world Domination. They don't give a hoot about their own people so where do the rest of us stand? Gulp. This is not good. My heart really goes out to South Korea, they really are a lovely people. When China marches, we are all in a lot of trouble. To say I am worried, is a great understatement.

China has been the sleeping Giant. All along where has China demonstrated World domination? I just haven't seen their will to do so. Now I have seen a world power emerge and a growing super economy advance.Their advancements in building and engineering far surpass the Globe.

To the OP point,why is China pushing troups into N.Korea instead of pushing Diplomacy?... Time will tell the tale indeed!!

Read the news, mike. This is diplomacy. China is not posturing against the U.S.. They are seizing North Korea so we wont be put in a position to do so in the near future where we will then be on their doorstep.

I can now go through the world confident with my head held high knowing the tip you just gave me. I will also sleep at a holiday inn express tonight so as to post smartly tomorrow. Couldnt have done it without you,and those trees are so green now arn't they?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TmTrvlr

They want Taiwan, too. Well, if they are going to go to taking Democratic territory, while Obama is in office, is the time to go for it. We are weak as heck in every way right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthIsFromGod

You do realise that your god warns against passing judgement. Which you are doing unabashedly.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yes. Despite continued posturing in the region in general which has a number of their neighbor alarmed. Then there is the plight of Tibet and how badly they want a certain island that does not want them. Simple fact of the matter is China is starting to throw around their weight and in the end it's only a question of how far are they willing to go. Opinions are varied but you cannot automatically assume a altruistic intent as it does not fit in with their posture or their history.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsFromGod
China is the new leading country for the devils who control the governments, USA have done its time, it's now a dead nation, empty and with no interest.

Enjoy your last moments, you'll soon be totaly forgotten by the people of the world, what a great pleasure!

The American people have exceeded all the limits: they are criminals, pervert, lost, futile, dumb, narrow minded, fat, ... shall I continue? You'll have all the time to think about it when the things will be done

You tend to your own sins and leave us to ours. I am ready for God's judgment and I rather doubt He will be wanting your opinion when that time comes.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I completely agree with you. Taking N. Korea before we do is a good thing for them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Wow! that was elequent! I think its funny that as usual,the knee-jerk reaction by europeans, canadians and America hatting left. Always the same. First reaction is always to blame America . Somehow this is our doing. Then comes the insult about our intelligence. You dont have a clue whats going on. Even if you idiots did, you wouldnt have solution, except prostrate yourself before another dictator. So, I think its funny that you who live and die in the factual and intelligence waste-land of conspiracies. The place you can live out your fantasies about your superior intellect and relevence. Wow just wow! Since your just as ignorant as these knuckleheads on that video, ill explain.

If anybody knows anything about the foreign policy of China, youd know that they are never rash. Everything is well thought out, covering all possible situations. Sending 30,000 troops to boost N.Koreas 1.5 million man army is a drop in the bucket. Contrary to Europes wishful thinking that China will annihilate us. Im in the military so dont think im pulling this out of my a$$. With all their phony rhetoric, China knows we can turn their economy off in the blink of an eye because of our navy which is bigger then the next 4 combined.

Stay with me Europe. This is where you have to do some thinking. Ill talk slow. If china is not there to invade s.korea, then why would they do that the day after meeting with Obama? My guess is there was a coupe. The fat-ass son who just took over, was probably deposed. Maybe he always planned to open up N.korea when his daddy died. China is as fed up with them as we are, so they are probably gonna keep the peace.The fact this story disappeared tells you it was done to keep Americans cool, because our public would be demanding action. China is still weak. Well now you know Europe. Hopefully someday you might grow up and let go of your inferiority complex and quit trying to project your self-loathing on us. Then maybe in the future we can include you in policies. But I doubt it.

TO ALL OF MY COUNTRYMAN WHO ARE ON HERE SHAKING, MAN-UP. SOME OF YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I gave you a star because I agree. This is strictly business. Any worries about China being able to 'influence' our society per se in the future are misguided. It's my opinion when the USD finally collapse, .China will stop manipulating their currency and there will be more 'takeovers', but again, this it's only a business takeover from their stand point and not a governmental one.
edit on 26-1-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

I appreciate the star.

Btw why do you think the USD will collapse?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

I can now go through the world confident with my head held high knowing the tip you just gave me. I will also sleep at a holiday inn express tonight so as to post smartly tomorrow. Couldnt have done it without you,and those trees are so green now arn't they?

Absolutely because mike always knows best.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes. Despite continued posturing in the region in general which has a number of their neighbor alarmed. Then there is the plight of Tibet and how badly they want a certain island that does not want them. Simple fact of the matter is China is starting to throw around their weight and in the end it's only a question of how far are they willing to go. Opinions are varied but you cannot automatically assume a altruistic intent as it does not fit in with their posture or their history.

Eloquent bonus points for you. :-)

Thing of it is this is a move on China's part to help themselves first and foremost, but it helps us as well. The NK nuke situation needs to go away, and China has taken the lead role in solving this most dire issue. They are not leaving NK, and I'm think it's going to eventually become just another province of China. The NK government I think is in big trouble with big brother China. Their future seems really bleak at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If you guys only knew the type of regulations China has in place for a cleaner environment, protecting intellectual property, enforcing laws and eliminating corrupt government officials. China is slowly cleaning up it's country as most of the U.S. thinks that they are just a nation of communist loving, dog/cat eating, knock off producing people.

Americans are so uneducated, I'm a bit ashamed to actually be one.

Also, is there any actual PROOF that China's central bank is controlled by a higher power like the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
WOW... the american education system has failed...

what three good answers the rest ignorant... just ignorant...

the video was a good short piece of interviews.... Unfortunately the best answers had foreign accents...

Agreed. This is precisely the reason (lack of education) for the fear from Chinese Economy exists amongst average americans who are educated but either mis-informed or chose to ignore. I read the responses to the end for this thread and many of them are just wild guesses. If and only if people spent half the time on educating themselves and researching a topic to the maximum depth then they spend on the ATS, then atleast we will see some educated responses. I do not wish to elaborate any further. WAR and ECONOMY are big subjects. Things dont change overnight. Everything happens right in front of our eyes while we're asleep (not literally but either by ignoring or being arrogant). All of a sudden we wake up to realize what and how the hell it happened and wonder how did the Chinese became powerful enough to be able to negotiate with us (US)? Surely politics has a lot to do with this but the Education and Family system has a lot to do with the outcome and forecast of an individual. I'm an American and still to this day I come across so many ignorant and mis-informed individuals outside ATS. That is sad to know despite how well facilitated and funded our Universities and Institutions are. Just take a look at the number of Foreign Students enrolled in the US Colleges and Universities. Below are few links to the National Science Foundation and statistics of Foreign Students.

dushanbe.usembassy.gov...
www.nsf.gov...

Most of them are Asians enrolled mostly in the technological majors. US has some of the best Universities in the world and people still chose to send their children to US for further studies. Amazingly our own population is not fully utilizing the system that exists to benefit the country.
edit on 27-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tecumseh35

Wow! that was elequent! I think its funny that as usual,the knee-jerk reaction by europeans, canadians and America hatting left. Always the same. First reaction is always to blame America . Somehow this is our doing. Then comes the insult about our intelligence. You dont have a clue whats going on. Even if you idiots did, you wouldnt have solution, except prostrate yourself before another dictator. So, I think its funny that you who live and die in the factual and intelligence waste-land of conspiracies. The place you can live out your fantasies about your superior intellect and relevence. Wow just wow! Since your just as ignorant as these knuckleheads on that video, ill explain.

If anybody knows anything about the foreign policy of China, youd know that they are never rash. Everything is well thought out, covering all possible situations. Sending 30,000 troops to boost N.Koreas 1.5 million man army is a drop in the bucket. Contrary to Europes wishful thinking that China will annihilate us. Im in the military so dont think im pulling this out of my a$$. With all their phony rhetoric, China knows we can turn their economy off in the blink of an eye because of our navy which is bigger then the next 4 combined.

Stay with me Europe. This is where you have to do some thinking. Ill talk slow. If china is not there to invade s.korea, then why would they do that the day after meeting with Obama? My guess is there was a coupe. The fat-ass son who just took over, was probably deposed. Maybe he always planned to open up N.korea when his daddy died. China is as fed up with them as we are, so they are probably gonna keep the peace.The fact this story disappeared tells you it was done to keep Americans cool, because our public would be demanding action. China is still weak. Well now you know Europe. Hopefully someday you might grow up and let go of your inferiority complex and quit trying to project your self-loathing on us. Then maybe in the future we can include you in policies. But I doubt it.

TO ALL OF MY COUNTRYMAN WHO ARE ON HERE SHAKING, MAN-UP. SOME OF YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!

I agree. All of a sudden I see many individuals considering CHINA as a superpower with the intention/capability to invade/control anyone including US. There are so many issues within CHINA that are unresolved just like we do and every other country. Nobody talks about their issues and shows the world how weak they really are internally. It started with a panic on MSM and now all of a sudden many individuals jumped the band wagon and proclaimed CHINA as the superpower which it probably didnt even expect to be proclaimed or seen by the rest of the world. Before you know the word spreads like a virus over the internet and takes on the role of a very effective hollow marketing effect where everyone starts to recognize CHINA as a SUPERPOWER which it never was and it is not currently. If possible, visit the below link for some interesting contributions with regards to the study of China.

orpheus.ucsd.edu...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I have noticed that here at ATS we are dealing with the highest calibre of people. Mostly in the know more than anyone else. Why its a freakin competition as to who is the smartest,wisest,and quickest to comment. I hope you have a wrotten day over this post.

Seriously do you live in China, how can you make the claims that you do. Especialy that you catigorise Americans into one group that doesnt understand China as the growing power it is. Maybe it is you that should apologise to the rest of us that you have sterio typed into a single brick.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

China is the new leading country for the devils who control the governments, USA have done its time, it's now a dead nation, empty and with no interest.

It never was a nation. It was and still is a corporation (fiction). A social experiment if you will... "hyperspace" for the advancement of the rest of the planet. It would be a shame not to notice the role that the American experiment played in human advancement. It brought the world together and served as a breeding ground for bigots of all kind.

Enjoy your last moments, you'll soon be totaly forgotten by the people of the world, what a great pleasure!
Just make sure they get rid of all the pictures too! and thank you in advance.

The American people have exceeded all the limits: they are criminals, pervert, lost, futile, dumb, narrow minded, fat, ... shall I continue? You'll have all the time to think about it when the things will be done

I typed out a rather extensive reply in deduction of the originating statement. I realized in reviewing, it a sensation that if the ripple were not adjusted, it would neither be received well... nor would it serve my intent. As this seems to be a practice that could have prevented a need for me to reply, I implore that it be explored, and perhaps it might serve you well in your communication. Having said that... it was your ignorance combined with my own ignorance that drew me to this post. On one level, I could say that having not ignored it... I am above ignorance, but then involving oneself with personalized (and fictitious) opinions only pours more fuel on the fire. That is very ignorant of the big picture. The fire must burn out, and so long as fuel is continuously poured onto the "fire", everyone will b around and obSERVE and suffer (or maybe on some egoic level through cognative dissonance, some will not suffer) until it is burnt. This has challenged me to face my disgust towards ignorance, and maybe even more to comprehend and overcome my own ignorance. It will inevitably bring me closer to comprehension of how to deal with my fear of ignorance in a universal fashion where I can either transcend involvement in such activities, or involve in a way that I not insult ignorance, but uplift that ignorance to intelligence. Lastly, I am not under the illusion that this reply is without insult... I would enjoy to think that it is not my intent to cause you insult, however... there would have to be a mutually assured understanding of the terms and ideas in exchange. Considering the ideas that you have communicated and the transcription that you have chosen to transmit them, I sense that this message will still be received with egoic friction. Maybe that is the point, when you insult others... what you say bounces off of them and sticks to you.) So I thank you.
edit on 1/27/2011 by deadruby2006 because: to transcribe a thought adjustment

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join