It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, makes fun of the TSA patdowns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Did anyone not get why it was said like that, as intrusive as The TSA is becoming the high speed rail line will bring trillions to the nation all the while not sending one job or red cent overseas to finance it.

To the top 5 posters to this thread, have your heads examined as this intense hatered you have for him is borderline sociopathic and psychotic and have you asked your Dr. about Prozac?

Correction, I dont hate the guy, I dont agree with him. I dont agree with joking about it either. Why does this scare you or hurt you so bad that someone disagrees with a politician?So much so that you feel compelled to come to a thread and attempt a childish insult?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Did anyone not get why it was said like that, as intrusive as The TSA is becoming the high speed rail line will bring trillions to the nation all the while not sending one job or red cent overseas to finance it.

To the top 5 posters to this thread, have your heads examined as this intense hatered you have for him is borderline sociopathic and psychotic and have you asked your Dr. about Prozac?

Agreed. I was one of Bush's fiercest critics, but I was nowhere near this. Serious, people. Please seek help.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I wonder how the breast cancer survivor who had to remove her prosthetic breast, the man who had urine spilled all over him in public, or the rape survivor who pleaded not to be patted down but was anyway against her will.. among countless other under reported folks with VERY valid TSA issues.... feel about the little "joke" tonight in a State of the Union address no less? Those of us who think its maybe a little appropriate for a POTUS to show a little dignity as not to joke about something like this.. we should pretend its no big deal? It had what exactly to do with the subject of a high speed rail system anyway?

But no, disagree with anything he says or with his political views and you need medication or have a mental illness. How group-thinky priceless.

For your and the presidents entertainment.. these are REALLY funny...:

www.cbsnews.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
pncminnesota.wordpress.com...

I swear.. sometimes I wonder about people on here..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This statement was clearly a low brow moment for Obama. He was implying that traveling by High Speed Rail would eliminate the humiliating pat down. So, trains=reduced security. OK. Perhaps Obama needs a pat down before boarding AFOne.

High speed rail is the biggest fraud ever presented by a president. So the federal govt. builds the lines and the local govts are left to plug the dollar vacuum left behind. Amtrak has never turned a profit and is subsidized by our govt. If there was a profit to be made in high speed rail, private companies would have built it long ago. Just like private enterprise built our nation's rails system in the 1800s through the turn of the century. The railroad barons built mansions for cryin out loud.

Sell Amtrak and cut the cord. Let the private companies duke it out and actually turn a profit. Our tax dollars have no place here.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I cant wait to see how his supporters try to explain this one away.

They'll try. It'll look pathetic .. but they'll try. MSNBC was going at it about how wonderful the speech was. I swear ... what a bunch of zombies. In their minds he can do now wrong and we are all a bunch of racists if we don't kneel before "BIg O" and lick his toes or something.

edit on 1/26/2011 by FlyersFan because: got a word wrong

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I truly wish we could get high speed rail here. One of the things I love about Europe is just how easy it is to get around by train. I'd love to not have to rely on air travel.

That said, Obama's 'quip' about the patdowns had me gritting my teeth. I felt it was highly innapropriate, and I also felt like it was an outright LIE. I mean who here thinks that we'd get a high speed rail under this administration where the TSA didn't invent some sort of 'role' for themselves in the security of the high speed rail infrastructure?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Advantage
I cant wait to see how his supporters try to explain this one away.

They'll try. It'll look pathetic .. but they'll try. MSNBC was going at it about how wonderful the speech was. I swear ... what a bunch of zombies. In their minds he can do now wrong and we are all a bunch of racists if we don't kneel before "BIg O" and lick his toes or something.

edit on 1/26/2011 by FlyersFan because: got a word wrong

So far in this thread they seem to be resorting to ad hominem attacks about the sanity of those outraged by the pat downs and The Presidents (possibly) ill-thought-out attempt at humour. The ol' If-You-Don't-Agree-With-Me-You-Must-Be-Crazy standby. Nice.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So now since we're not laughing along with the great O about violating our rights, our childrens rights, and being molested at airports we are all crazy?? What next racist? You Obama lovers get a star for ankle grabbing I'll give you that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This statement was clearly a low brow moment for Obama. He was implying that traveling by High Speed Rail would eliminate the humiliating pat down. So, trains=reduced security. OK. Perhaps Obama needs a pat down before boarding AFOne.

High speed rail is the biggest fraud ever presented by a president. So the federal govt. builds the lines and the local govts are left to plug the dollar vacuum left behind. Amtrak has never turned a profit and is subsidized by our govt. If there was a profit to be made in high speed rail, private companies would have built it long ago. Just like private enterprise built our nation's rails system in the 1800s through the turn of the century. The railroad barons built mansions for cryin out loud.

Sell Amtrak and cut the cord. Let the private companies duke it out and actually turn a profit. Our tax dollars have no place here.

One of the problems with the rail idea is of course : MONEY. We have none. He should know that. #2 with getitng rid of oil I guess it will run on electricity?? As for pat downs.. guess he isnt into international news. Rail is a target.. even recently. The world is laughing at him for suggesting that the rail system will be totally safe and free of patdowns/security. They actually HAVE rail systems and experience the problems with it.
The whole idea is ludicrous.. he really has a europe fetish.. I wonder if he has checked out a map of the US lately..... maybe a topographical map. Maybe drive across country if he cant read a map. HE will possibly realize the issues and that we are not Europe.

Idealists always talk a good game and never follow through... because their ideas are.. well.. idealistic rather than realistic.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Everyone discussing the high speed rail component, what was the profit of Amtrak last year?

It was NEGATIVE $8 Billion. That is right, it lost that much.

Yeah, I think we should have like 100 times the amount of rail, that way it will cost 1000 times as much. That is how it works with government, it is not directly proportional, it is exponentially proportional.

By the way, thanks for the comments folks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join