It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, makes fun of the TSA patdowns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey, do not like the encroachment of the 4th amendment? Where they grab your private parts and sexually assault your children? Hey, according to Obama, you can avoid it by going on the trains.

By the way folks, when I heard that, I wanted to punch the (edit to change PRES) in the face, but you folks can pat him on the back because he is your savior. Anyway-

www.realclearpolitics.com...

edit to also add-it is great to admire a pres and admit that he thinks it is GREAT that you and your kids should be grabbed by the crotch because YOU DESERVE IT!
edit on 26-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I dont think anyone missed that stupid move on his part. Punch him in the face?? Nahh.. Im glad he said it so all could hear how he thinks this kind of thing is a joke or something to take so lightly. In fact, on his magic rail system he wants to Europeanize us with, there will be TSA involvement. I dont think he is fooling anyone, but he sure showed his true colors.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Obama "This could allow you to go places in half the time it takes to travel by car, for some trips it will be faster than flying, WITHOUT THE PATDOWN (laughs and condescension-see cutaway to PELOSI).

Sorry, this is PURE CONDESCENSION!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hey.. I hear you. I thought the hubby was going to levitate off of the recliner and explode midair.. but we ALL saw how flippant he was. EVERYONE did.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He might as well have told us all to sit in the back of the bus like rosa parks did..the only differnce is, she stood up for her human rights* i guess in todays world, we dont have any

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
He might as well have told us all to sit in the back of the bus like rosa parks did..the only differnce is, she stood up for her human rights* i guess in todays world, we dont have any

Well you CAN.. but the boys in black will come snatch you up and question you.. and youll miss your flight, be placed on a watch list and treated like a terrorist.

According to some here.. thats freedom. You have the freedom to choose to be treated like a terrorist if you refuse govt sanctioned molestation or irradiation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Hey.. I hear you. I thought the hubby was going to levitate off of the recliner and explode midair.. but we ALL saw how flippant he was. EVERYONE did.

No, not 'everyone' did. There are those of us who wish to spare ourselves from watching such complete and utter drivel. We rely on the rest of America's take on it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sorry folks, I just got really annoyed at some of his remarks.

For a second, I thought he was Bush on steroids!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom

Originally posted by Advantage

No, not 'everyone' did. There are those of us who wish to spare ourselves from watching such complete and utter drivel. We rely on the rest of America's take on it. Thanks.

Everyone who watched heard what he said. It wasnt lost on anyone in other words.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Sorry folks, I just got really annoyed at some of his remarks.

For a second, I thought he was Bush on steroids!

As stupid as bush was I dont recall him ever being so flippant. In fact, Ive seen SOTU speeches for too many decades ( I aint sayin how many decades cause Im denying my age..) and I cant recall a speech so campaign-ish other than his last one.

I was also wondering about all of this infrastructure and transportation BS. Sounds to me like someone wants to follow through on that " special" superhighway.. eh? Borders open, super highway, transport highlighted.. what comes next?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread just a bit ago, but my 10 year old daughter is going out of state on a trip with her grandparents at the end of this week and they are flying. The tickets were bought last summer, before the new TSA procedures were ever announced, and the tickets are non-refundable (we checked back in November) and I am really stressed about this. I think I would have had to be pried off of the ceiling if I had watched and heard that. It makes me angry to hear about the joke after the fact and hear how flippant he apparently was about it. I would have stroked out if I had been watching and heard it.

I know that the TSA has claimed that children under a certain age (12 or 13) won't have the adult version pat down, but there have been far too many videos caught and posted showing that to have been a flat out lie.

At least I am not going to be there, so maybe that will be in her favor. Apparently I scare the hell out of the TSA. I have flown once, ever, and not gotten selected for additional screening and I fly quite often. I am about 105 pounds dripping wet, barely reach 5'1" unless I stretch up on my toes and am one of those pretty, pretty princess people. I just generally don't tend to inspire fear in people, not even if I am trying to do so. But, despite that, I am selected for additional screening every time I fly with one lone flight an exception. So, if I'm not there, maybe my daughter will be left alone.

I just can't believe the audacity of making jokes about it knowing that people are so unhappy with the TSA situation. Personally, I will not spend a penny flying until these procedures are removed. With my history of always being chosen, in addition to being a sexual abuse survivor, I know it is beyond what I am willing to put myself through and that is a large part of where my fear for my daughter stems from.

Just ugh. I am absolutely disgusted.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Hmmm, I have not flown since this has been implemented.

I am starting to feel that I may be one of those that ends up on the 6 oclock news.

I will never allow ANYONE to touch me or my family.

How does that work, if you do not allow them to take away your rights, you are not allowed to travel? Hmmmm.

Sounds like a PURPOSEFUL to subjugate those that WILL NOT allow this abrogation to continue. Hmmmm, are they looking for a fight?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

LOL! Im a very petite and dark skinned Native American that gets mistaken for a middle easterner all the time. Im definitely not flying anymore.. Hubby said I was "grope bait"...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
I mentioned this in another thread just a bit ago, but my 10 year old daughter is going out of state on a trip with her grandparents at the end of this week and they are flying. The tickets were bought last summer, before the new TSA procedures were ever announced, and the tickets are non-refundable (we checked back in November) and I am really stressed about this. I think I would have had to be pried off of the ceiling if I had watched and heard that. It makes me angry to hear about the joke after the fact and hear how flippant he apparently was about it. I would have stroked out if I had been watching and heard it.

I know that the TSA has claimed that children under a certain age (12 or 13) won't have the adult version pat down, but there have been far too many videos caught and posted showing that to have been a flat out lie.

At least I am not going to be there, so maybe that will be in her favor. Apparently I scare the hell out of the TSA. I have flown once, ever, and not gotten selected for additional screening and I fly quite often. I am about 105 pounds dripping wet, barely reach 5'1" unless I stretch up on my toes and am one of those pretty, pretty princess people.

I just generally don't tend to inspire fear in people, not even if I am trying to do so. But, despite that, I am selected for additional screening every time I fly with one lone flight an exception. So, if I'm not there, maybe my daughter will be left alone.

That's why the clammy bastids select you it's not because you pose a threat. It's because the govt goons think "well I can pat down 87 year old Helen Thomas over there in the depends and support hose or the pretty girl just 3 folks after her. No contest.

Originally posted by Glencairn
I just can't believe the audacity of making jokes about it knowing that people are so unhappy with the TSA situation. Personally, I will not spend a penny flying until these procedures are removed. With my history of always being chosen, in addition to being a sexual abuse survivor, I know it is beyond what I am willing to put myself through and that is a large part of where my fear for my daughter stems from.

Just ugh. I am absolutely disgusted.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't know which was sicker in that clip the great O yucking it up about molesting children at airports or the sick sob's who clapped afterwards. Maybe they should all be groped every time they fly the scumbags. I'm sorry this is sickening. Violating our rights, violating our children and these bozos laugh about it on national TV in everybody's face.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
I don't know which was sicker in that clip the great O yucking it up about molesting children at airports or the sick sob's who clapped afterwards. Maybe they should all be groped every time they fly the scumbags. I'm sorry this is sickening. Violating our rights, violating our children and these bozos laugh about it on national TV in everybody's face.

I cant wait to see how his supporters try to explain this one away.
I mean, I joke about it because I joke about most things.. but Im really pissed that I will be groped if I want to fly. I have 3 daughters... I DONT want them touched or irradiated either. As the POTUS he must be shown that this is NO laughing matter. Over my life I have traveled all over the world and even flew El Al.. Israeli air.. toughest security on the planet. NO GROPING. Now Im refusing to fly to Nebraska or Montana to visit family in my own damned country due to this?? Absurd..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have a feeling obama just laughs these things off because he keeps remembering all that money his handlers have put into his family vatican bank account..If that is true then it could explain this...If that isn't true, then it just shows what an unpatriotic pushover he is , although he has been doing that since he was a senator..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

That is exactly what my husband said their logic was. I don't have a hard time believing it, either. I was talking to a friend who used to be what he called a "ramp rat" and he said that the TSA guys didn't even bother to pretend that it was anything else than preference. They might while working, but he said that behind the scenes they joked about it.

Not that the TSA ever inspired any confidence in me as to being any safer, but after that conversation, it was certainly a whole lot less than before.

I just don't get the whole thing about subjecting children to the same pat downs that they give adults, assurances to the contrary notwithstanding. There is only one reason that an adult would have for wanting that after being told by Pistole that children wouldn't be subjected to as invasive pat downs as adults and that just bothers me.

To say nothing of the fact that she is flying out of Chicago. I don't know if anyone else has experienced Chicago's TSA, but my opinion was these are the people who couldn't even get hired at other airports' TSA. Not every single one of them, of course, but certainly the majority.

I'm just frustrated and angsty about the whole thing right now.

Take care,
Cindi
edit on 1/26/2011 by Glencairn because: punctuation is not my strong suit tonight.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Did anyone not get why it was said like that, as intrusive as The TSA is becoming the high speed rail line will bring trillions to the nation all the while not sending one job or red cent overseas to finance it.

To the top 5 posters to this thread, have your heads examined as this intense hatered you have for him is borderline sociopathic and psychotic and have you asked your Dr. about Prozac?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join