It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old Pennsylvanian is youngest person in world to face life without parole

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters

anyways, I'm still on the fence, I think straight up jail at the kids age isn't the answer, but I also don't think someone cold enough to murder a pregnant woman deserves another chance, because it might be me next time, or you. 11 is a tough age, a little older I'd say lock him up for life, but 11, there's still a chance to reach that kid.

Yes, the child (for such he is) does need to be locked up - for his own safety as much as for any other reason.. But prison for life? No, that would be supremely unhelpful.
Here, we have the Mason Clinic, for people who have committed crimes, but who have mental health or disability issues. (It's right up the road from where I live, something that's kept very quiet, because of the NIMBY syndrome, but I know where it is, as my son worked there on a placement when he was studying.)
Something like the Mason Clinic seems right for the boy - assuming he did actually commit the crime! (I gather there's a smidgen of doubt?)
The doer may have been the father (that's much more likely) and he may have chosen to accuse the son, thinking the boy would simply be in a juvenile facility til he was 18 and then released, which I gather from TV (!) is what more usually happens.
Vicky
I've been 'disciplined' for excessive quoting, hence cutting your post back to almost nothing, but the Mods seem to be watching me like a hawk and I am haemorrhaging points, whatever they are. Otherwise, I would want your words to stay, as they are very wise...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

ahhhh Bien dit bravo....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by boondock-saint

Shoe shine mister, please shoe shine for you
cheap cheap

BOOM !!!!

I have to agree.
If this was a little 11 year old Muslim (Vietnamese, Chinese) boy people would be ready to hang him.
Sad thing this all the way around.

peace

My reply to Boondock Saint was censored away, (heaven only knows why, though I do suspect the reason) - suffice it to say, it's a completely different situation.
V.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A life sentence is far too long for this boy, though I do believe that at 11 years of age kids already know right from wrong. I remember being eight years old and being very aware that stealing or hurting people was wrong. We also have kids in Africa and in some parts of South America trained to kill by drug dealers and violent gangs. They're brainwashed into violent and ruthless killers. At eleven it's still possible to teach them right from wrong, but once you kill somebody, it stays with you for the rest of your life. I'm not sure if it's possible to rehabilitate a killer, but who knows. To send this kid to prison for the rest of his life and never giving him the opportunity to understand the concept of freedom seems too cruel. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this and determine why the boy killed this woman.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm not a favor of without parole. But I am a favor of this act. Children and adults shouldn't be treated differently. Criminals act like children anyway. To put it simply, go to your room until you realize what you've done. Then we'll talk.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
PLEASE NOTE:

The topic of this thread is an 11-year old boy and not World War Two.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

edit on Wed Jan 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
By going to jail, I think that this child will become more of a criminal than he started out. Like many other people are saying, the child probably had a mental illness or something snapped in his mind to make him do this. However, if that's the case, the child is not really going to get any better by going to jail. Instead, it would only serve to further his illness and he would learn how to better express it through crime. Just my opinion, if you disagree just say why. No need to start any arguments!

Edit: I'm that he should definitely not go to jail, but if he did not commit this crime in cold blood or after thinking it through, then jail time would only harden him. First and foremost, though, they should find out the motive behind the killing before any sort of sentence is even discussed and then determine what to do with this child.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Brainwashedteen because: clarification

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If they try this kid as a juvenile, I think the longest they can hold him is to the age of 25. Unless it comes out the fiance was sexually abusing him, I have little sympathy. It's a depressing situation. However I find it hard to believe anyone capable of cold blooded murder, even at the age of 11, can be rehabilitated enough to ever be 100% trusted in society again.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
surprise surprise another big 'gun got out of the bag' case being covered....

*sits back and watches the constitution burn*

*not for/against*

... and 100,000 similar stories later, they decide to abolish the second amendment and you say... what, exactly?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
We americans have a horrible tendency to sprinkle emeralds on fecal matter, expecting everyone to see it as treasure. I don't feel sorry for the kid, he's a murderer. I owned guns when I was 11 and was well aware of what happened when the trigger is squeezed. C'mon, you feel sorry for the little deviant? He killed two people and does not deserve to breathe the same air the rest of us do. He's defective and needs to go into a hole.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

It was because we went way off topic and had little to no connection between the two subjects...

the idea that locking this kid away is part of an actual solution is insane...

Someone suggested a competency test..

Know who you are
know where you are
know what is going on

this is all it is for legal purposes... my understanding

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This whole thing is stupid, it doesn't matter if it's giving someone the death sentence or locking some 11 year old up forever.
This only further shows how lost stupid society has become, they don't have a clue as to what to do what morrons, all they are doing with most of these people are making Monsters, and I pity the dumb arse Joe citizen that runs into one of these things.

The point that is being missed is that these people are Broken people, defective in terms of what would be considered the norm, but look what their watching the TV.

Everyone hates a Pedifile, but did you know most of these so called skum bags were molsted as children themselves, it doesn't make it right but these people are broken.

Another thing, Oh just kill them, how many innocent have been murdered by these so called good men, the bad man kills the good man, the good men kill the bad man, what is the difference, except a possible perspective.

Judge not yet the be Judged, this is all bull, like The Christ said, let he is with out sin, cast the first stone.

These are people who became lost along the way, but who were their teachers,

Run see if there is a place to hide, this cracks me up, how long will it take, forever never.
edit on 26-1-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Yea I knew right from wrong when I was a kid, but why didn't the aldults, why were people trying to get over on the sly. If they won't steal your money, they might steal your girl friend wife, baby, or maybe your own fellings of self worth, just so they know their better than you.

By the time I was 15 I wanted to be a Hell's Angel, I saw the crooked cops, Judges, Adult's, non of them were walking on water, they were all liers and cheats, give the Devil his due.

Their are the good one's the bad out number the real good 10 T0 1.

The Gnashing of Teeth as the Judgement day comes, who will stand.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I agree 100%, whether we want to believe it or not, the only way to ensure peoples safety so that this eleven year old monster can't cold blooded murder a pregnant woman again is to eliminate him. If you eliminate him he will never do it again.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Will a jury of his peers be junior high students? If so they might need to wait until summer break to start trial.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Yea, just kill everyone.
I see no innocent here.

Then at least the Earth would be safe from us.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The USA is too harsh with their laws to begin with, but murder is murder. Too bad, the father loses both a fiance and a son, i think he might be serving a life sentence regardless of the outcome.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hey, you know who was good at this stuff, that dude Vlad The Impaler.
Hell all you had to do is look at him wrong, and he would be having someone shoving a pole up your arse.

That one guy that worked for him said, I don't like this smell, Vlad said don't like the smell huh, next thing the guy knew he had a pole shoved up his arse, I wonder how he liked that smell.

You know the real killers, bad people don't go to jail.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

yeah he should, teach his ass a lesson u cant shoot somebody and get away with it what message will that send to him when hes older?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

yeah get used to it

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join