It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann's Response to State of the Union

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Whatever, she is a loony tea party type. Whatever she says is irrational and idiotic right? I mean, we will have all kinds of people attempting to show the truth by giving actual FACTS right? LOL

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Good evening, my name is Congresswoman Michele Bachmann from Minnesota’s 6th District.

Two years ago, when Barack Obama became our President, unemployment was 7.8 percent and our national debt stood at what seemed like a staggering $10.6 trillion dollars.

We wondered whether the President would cut spending, reduce the deficit and implement real job-creating policies.

Unfortunately, the President’s strategy for recovery was to spend a trillion dollars on a failed stimulus program, fueled by borrowed money.

The White House promised us that all the spending would keep unemployment under 8 percent.

Not only did that plan fail to deliver, but within three months the national jobless rate spiked to 9.4 percent. And sadly, it hasn’t been lower for 20 straight months. While the government grew, we lost more than 2 million jobs.

Let me show you a chart.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am currently watching her response on FOX News and so far I have agreed with basically everything she has said…

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thing is, she's reading something that has already been written. It's not like she's actually speaking her own true feelings.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Are you talking about the speech that Obama wrote (hehehehehehhee-yeah right) or what Michelle spoke?

Think about that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

But im still happy it was said, and its the truth. Everything she said was the truth, and everything obama said tonite, was a lip service.

He left out the Internet ID plan he has too, i wonder if he would have gotten an applause for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, I must say that it is the first time I have heard more than one party (since she founded the Tea Party coalition group in Congress, and spoke on their behalf) that has responded to a POTUS State of the Union address.

Any change, however slight, from the either/or/divide/conquer 'norm' has to be a *good* movement, IMO...

edit on 25-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

It is true that the media has had Obama's speech since before he gave it. I read it before he finished it. Bachmann, like others just read it in advance. It was probably written and approved days ago. Presidents don't make SOTU addresses off the cuff. Neither do those rebutting. Wish they would though. In fact Presidents don't even write their speeches.

The business about China is true. GE has started a so called Green campaign and stopped building incandescent light bulbs in the US. One problem though, they simply moved the factories to Mexico and China and laid off Americans. That should help the environment I think.
edit on 1/25/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
reply to post by FPB214

Everything she said was the truth, and everything obama said tonite, was a lip service.

This type of partisan thinking--in any way--is dangerous and it both threatens and inhibits Progress. I feel sorry for you and everyone else who thinks like this (as well as myself for the danger it poses to me and those like me), that only one way is the right way (or way of thinking) and every other way (or thinking) is wrong. This is one way dictatorships and the populace who embraces them are born.

*sigh*

(No, i did not watch all of it, only abt. 5 minutes. But i never watch SOTU anyway, so...)
edit on 25-1-2011 by Liquesence because: blah

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
She should be the first woman president if there is one...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The only thing I listened to and have put forth was the lies and bull# that Obama stated. It almost sounded like an infant talking.

What the HELL is going on? Purposeful?

What the HELL IS GOING ON?

Are we being led?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Wait you are being sarcastic right? I mean right? Cuz like most of what she said is spot on. Sometimes it's difficult to sense humor through the internet. yes/no will suffice.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

This type of partisan thinking--in any way--is dangerous and it both threatens and inhibits Progress. I feel sorry for you and everyone else who thinks like this, that only one way is the right way (or way of thinking) and every other way (or thinking) is wrong. This is one way dictatorships and the populace who embraces them are born.

Why feel sorry for them, unless you think they're wrong?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Of course what she said is spot on.

My GOD folks, would you ask yourselves something?

To swing from one component to another, even though they might not know the outcome, does not mean they are RIGHT!

This could be a trap!

Do you think these scenarios have NOT been situated?

HELL, our government has run scenarios for every type of situation. We have to understand EVERY step, EVERY situation, EVERY choice.

Do you actually think that everything is going to solve itself? Get a FRELLING GRIP! Talk to those that have investigated this kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The SOTU address is an important keynote address to the nation, dealing with issues that affect every citizen.

Currently, the issue is more on domestic problems.

You all had heard duh man. A Nero fiddling while America burns. The man had lost touch with the ground or is powerless against those more powerful and wealthier than him.

The words are clear. Not to rely on the govt that the constituents had voted for, to help bring change, beings leaders. You are on your own now to survive. Tighten belts, share what we have with each other, fight no more, BUT teach our children well, to remember this day of betrayal by the overt and covert leaders.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
it wouldn't surprise me the least if
Bachman takes over the lead of the Tea
Party away from Palin.

At least Bachman goes into an interview
prepared and on-topic whereas Palin
appears scatterbrained and writes notes
on her hand.

Quite a big difference, I'd say.
And def an improvement.

Palin needs to stick with writing
fiction novels and starring in reality
tv shows.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Okay, I may have been non specific.

Kinda reminds you of the POTUS huh?

NO ONE WANTS TO SAY ANYTHING SPECIFIC. Because they are a bunch of politicians. Listen again and make a choice. Some actually say things instead of being politicians. They may even be wrong. WOW, people that make a choice and a decision.

Life, Liberty and Property. That is allllll I will say.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

This type of partisan thinking--in any way--is dangerous and it both threatens and inhibits Progress. I feel sorry for you and everyone else who thinks like this, that only one way is the right way (or way of thinking) and every other way (or thinking) is wrong. This is one way dictatorships and the populace who embraces them are born.

Why feel sorry for them, unless you think they're wrong?

Good call.

I didn't say it way wrong, i said it was dangerous. In the instance of the post i quoted, it was the dangerousness of seemingly blind partisanship in thinking everything is either good or bad black and white (based upon obvious affiliation).

"The Foolish are easiest to deceive, and the foolish are the most."

When one thinks/believes that only one way is the right way, and, acting upon that belief tries to force other people into another way, that is dangerous. And wrong, too. Especially when they have power.

That goes across the board, with anyone.

~

But, it's all about perception, which is essentially endless due the uniqueness of each individual. So each man's right is another's wrong. While true, i still think maybe i read too much Kant to fully agree.

I can't dictate right or wrong but i can perceive it.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Liquesence because: shrug

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I don't disagree with your sentiments, nor does George Washington, who in his Farewell Address gave dire warnings about the evils of political party's. No one heeded his warnings then, and few will heed his warnings now. The O.P., however, is one who I believe has heard Washington, and fully understands the problem.

Ambivalence is not the only path to enlightenment, if it is at all. Sometimes a person has to make a decision and take a stand. Sometimes a person has to decide if they are going to wear a white hat, or a black hat, and fully understands that there are times when there just ain't no room for gray hats. You don't have to agree with other white hats in order to understand they've chosen a side you believe is the right side.

All people are basically good, but this means Hitler was basically good. All people aim towards the greatest good, but most of us have pretty poor aim. Hitting your mark, when it comes to the greatest good, takes lot's and lot's of practice, and a discipline that goes well beyond aim.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

JPZ & Liquesence

I normally do not get pissed off. I have seen the owner of the site pissed off. He has told us why he gets pissed off. I myself get pissed off for many reasons.

You know why I get PISSED OFF mainly, is when SOMEONE does not have the BALLS to make a stand on their convictions. See, this is REALLY what PISSES ME OFF. Someone that does NOT have the BALLS to make their position known. Why is it that we have to hear relativistic meanings to their beliefs? Why is it that we have to try and understand their beliefs through their ATTEMPTS to subvert things? WHy is it that we have to hear through their speeches that they really do NOT believe in the VERY HEALTH CARE BILL they passed, but they instituted it to DESTROY the very system they wan to replace.

WHY do they not just admit what they WANT?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

NO Honor?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join