It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIFT: Planes of Telara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Alright, so I started playing the beta today. So far, I'm thoroughly impressed after nearly 4 years of WoW. Anybody else here in the beta? Thoughts about it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I only got to play for a few minutes today as it made me re-download the whole thing once the beta started. So far I'm most impressed with how smooth it is for a beta even at max settings. It does have many wow'ish elements, mostly with the UI and quests etc. But the classes and random rifts breaking into the world remind me of a combination of different mmo's, like the public quests in Warhammer, and the class diversity of Dark Age of Camelot. Even some classes seem similar to DAoC, like the elementalist.

None of this bothers me and in fact I welcome it as seems they are doing a good job of meshing these mechanics together. It will be tough for someone like me to play who loves to see all the different combinations, and has a cadre of alts. Also, that brings up a concern. Will they be able to successfully balance all these classes in the long run? WoW still has problems with this and they've been out for a long time. Rift has its hands full in this department I think, but aside from that I'm having a blast with it and I cant wait to get off work so I can try it again.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cerberus00

I got in about 6 hours yesterday, made it to level 10. I agree that they do a good job of meshing all these different ideas together, but to me there just seems to be something missing. I don't know what it is but the game just feels cold to me, and that's coming from somebody who plays EVE

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I missed beta for this game. Some of my guildmates from LOTRO have talked to me about it, and overall it seems most people like it. But in my experience unless I try a game myself I will never know if I will like it or not.

I hate the whole idea that after beta these people are making everyone pay for the game to try it. They should have a free trial, and if you like it then you can buy it and have an online subscription.

I know I will not try this game until they have a free trial. For now I am happy with playing once in a while LOTRO.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I honestly don't expect them to put out a free trial for a year or so. If it's earlier than that, it's a bad sign.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Been playing, game is GOOD!

Leveling is pretty fast which might cause problems, but doesn't bother me, working full time i don't have too much time to play.

If anyone wants to play, i play on Kaleida, Defiant side. Name is Gino.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I've been a WoW player since the beginning and me and a few guildmates decided to give Rift a try and so far i'm really enjoying it.
A few of us are level 50 but i'm taking it all in and just making sure I do every quest before leaving a zone which leaves me far behind the others although in all honesty I just can't decide which class or spec I want to stick with.

It's a very polished game and I honestly have no desire to play WoW since starting Rift.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I've been tired of WoW ever since Cata hit. I was hoping RIFT would make me want to play a traditional MMO again but I just can't seem to really get into it like I was with WoW for the past 4 years.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cerberus00

Rift took the aproach, "Dont fix it if it aint broken"

new topics

top topics

join