It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who didn't watch "The State of the Union"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

At least the she wasn't chewing you out and the dog was being useful.

More than I can say here, don't have a dog. Used to tho.....

What was that someone said about a state of the onion?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't watch because it is a political show.

I would be in favor of a president that released the following:

My fellow Americans. I know we are coming to the time that you are used to hearing and seeing a "State of the Union Speech". A speech that is rift with political undercuts, campaigning and grandstanding. It serves no purpose to actually follow the requirements of the Constitution as stated in Article II, Section 3. But rather a pulpit that has been become a place for the presidency to push their agenda.

I say no more. I say I will make available via internet my state of the union. In it I detail that the union is in dire straits. We have deep economic problems. We have a failing education system. We have a failing manufacturing base. We have citizens that believe that the only course of action is violence.

I understand. I truly do. We are facing tough economic times ahead. The majority of the problems have come about from your own government. We have colluded with corporations. We have taxed the People to no extent. We have criminalized ever aspect of American life. We have failed you.

In this letter to Congress, I hope and pray that they understand the gravity of the situation that the United States of America is in.

In the coming weeks I will be utilizing the bully pulpit to push new incentives that will reign in the expansive Federal Government.

I will propose the following:

--Except for England and Japan, we will be closing all our foriegn bases by the end of 2011.-
-We will begin seeking private sector advice on how to ensure our elders a better or equal quality of life outside of Social Security.
-Our tax code is over bearing and unmanageable. Just ask a tax professional. I propose that Congress begin to serious look at alternatives. If they do not, I will begin to pursue with the American public plans that do not involve the IRS. We have funded this country at the Federal level for 250+ years, we can continue that tread absent of the Federal Government.
-"Obamacare" is a joke. This bill will never make costs go down nor will it benefit you as a citizen. This bill will serve the big interest and lobbyist that levied support for it. I propose we scrap the deal and begin an honest debate in regards to healthcare. I challenge ever American to present an idea. Present a solution. Give your representatives something. This isn't a vote and be oblivious process. We must remain engaged politically.

There is much more to talk about but this is not the time nor place. This is time for your president to inform Congress how we are doing as a whole. I hope and pray that you all have taken the time to read and enjoy. I want not only 'water-cooler' discussion, but a national discussion. This is your country. This is your land.

Thank you and god bless.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I listened to it as i was perusing the internet, however, I stand by what I have said before and I quote Dr. Phil with regard to such: "Past behavior predicts present, and future behavior." I believe it to be that simple my ATS friends. I also feel it necessary to point out how disturbed I feel regarding the springs that were in the seats as it seemed like every time they sat and got comfy, they was springing up again. (Rhetoric) BOING! Clapping..(Rhetoric) BOING! Clapping..(Rhetoric) BOING! Clapping..I'm almost of the belief that Joe had a clicky thingy not unlike what they use on Jeopardy with an electrical impulse set into the seats to make this happen..........I could be wrong though.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Who needs to? I mean it always pretty much goes like this: lies lies, best for our country, more lies blah blah blah here my lies this is best for our citizens(BIG A$$ LIE!)....so on and so forth.

He should just get up there and say "my fellow americans, if you aren't a ceo, banker, insurance company, or medical professional, or lawyer, you're totally screwed!!!HAHAHA" and walk off the podium, honesty would be refreshing for once!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I didn't watch the Prez. I watched the idiot Republican after him. They sent a wimp to rebut the Prez. He said he didn't want his kids to inherit a "diminished America". It's already diminished, but he can't see that because he lives in his little Republican bubble. He probably doesn't encounter any homeless families on his way to work. I'll bet he wouldn't be able to feel for them even he did. I just shouldn't watch politicians at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Was sitting in front of the tv with it on but only caught about 5 minutes of what he had to say.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I couldn't agree more with your last sentence....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I didn't watch it for 2 reasons

1) I don't have TV

2) Politicians lie and don't care to listen anymore.

Same here, boondock.

Nope, didn't watch it..
nope, won't lost sleep over it..

I learned awhile ago that all it ever is; as the OP called it..
"oral diarrhea"

EVen if i still had TV..
I guarantee it wouldnt be tuned to that rubbish. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

hahahha when you read that purposed state of the union address in prez obmamas voice:
it is truely histarical.... last time i watched him speak like that some one in the audience called him a liar

nancy pelosi almost # her self... the POTUS whiped his neck like a ghetto black girl with her badly
manicured oversized fingernail raised in the air... that was the last time i heard truth spoken in that type of political arena... and it was just one word LIAR...

nuff said...

edit on 25-1-2011 by nvprose1 because: spelin...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Watched it on C-SPAN2 that has all the members of congress twitters "tweets" live on there. Most of them were calling out his BS

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Actually, I had it on but I did not watch it. I was too busy multi tasking.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
also.....Iaaaa noaaaa watcha him

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by SpaDe_

Hahaha, just as I suspected! Larry the cable guy could be president! Thanks for the much needed laugh!

That would be the first State of the Union Address on Pay-Per-View. I'd watch it.
"Why ain't that fence built? Git er done!"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I didn't. Should I have? Did Obama say anything that didn't seem like oral diarrhea?
I will NOT lose any sleep over missing it, will you?

99.9% of Americans did not watch

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
As a Canadian, CNN usually shows the State of Union but here's the trickier i didn't watch it because, i am sick and tried of hearing these scripted speechs made by some Bilderberg Group, Speech Writer.

All the things that obama said on his speech he wont delivery, remember the last state of the union speech?

Do i need to say anymore?

Btw i did noticed the clapping's were a bit a fake.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My friends and I had a great time watching 15 mins of the speech.

I saw the speech had been leaked, looked it up, and then read it.... synchronized to B.O... live!

My friends rolled laughing, and a great time was had by all

The freedom of the persuit of happiness!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I didn't. Should I have? Did Obama say anything that didn't seem like oral diarrhea?
I will NOT lose any sleep over missing it, will you?

I didn't watch cause I have no vested interest or affiliation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I was getting ready to turn it on and my husband said "absolutely not", confiscated the remotes, and we proceeded to have a nice evening that didn't include me yelling at the T.V. and correcting all of the lies that I would have heard.

My daughter is going on a trip out of state with her grandparents at the end of this week and their plane tickets were bought over the summer before the TSA's new procedures were introduced and are non-refundable (we checked back in November) and I am already SUPER stressed about that and my husband knew that this would be more stress that I wasn't needing this week so he said no.

So, I figured I would just get on here and catch up with what was covered after the fact and get the commentary and interpretation of ATS'ers without the added stress of watching the being lied to to my face, as it were.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I didn't watch it. I am watching Charlie Rose on PBS and he mentioned the NWO agenda. I thought this was interesting because it is his SOTU special edition. I used to like Charlie until I found out he is Bildeberg. I got back online just to leave this post. I friggin hate Charlie Rose.

I have got to change the channel. BRB
edit on 25-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I watched it, but only because I'm practicing my lying skills and needed a refresher course...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join