It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The battle to come for progressive's and liberal's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The battle to come for progressive's and liberal's

So let me start by saying that I myself am a conservative. I am getting the sense that there might be some in-fighting to come for progressives and liberal's. I say this because it seems that president Obama is going to try for another term. The democratic party and democrat establishment seems onboard with that as well. I know some of you might find this weird. I myself find this a little strange. But I find myself listening to more liberal talk radio shows. I mean Hannity has always been boring to me. Rush I have just recently seen as being offensive. Michael savage is off the air where I am at. I miss ya Mike.(off topic!)

So back to what I was trying to allege. Listening to progressive radio has shown me that there are alot of liberals out there who are happy with President Obama's policies. Going so far as to call him "Republican lite".Even thinkibng about it a little more. How can any Liberal tak radio show host defend him. I mean you can only resort to talking about health care and health reform so much right. I mean watch out if someone says hey waht about President Obama continuing the military industrial complex, or what about the patriot act weren't we liberals supposed to be all up in arms about that. And what about guantanamo bay wasn;t that supposed to be closed by now. Not to mention how many bankers are in the Presidents cabinet. We won;t mention that. And anybody who has seen the Obama Deception knew this was coming. (This is a great flim to watch on a friday night with your girlfriend or wife by the way)

So whats a liberal or a progressive to do?? Will they be scared back into the left-right paradigm?? "You can;t vote for a horrible republican". "You have to vote democrat"

But seriously what can be done can liberals get in groups and say they want another candidate? Can Progressives form committies to say they are not happy with the satus quo?

Why are you asking me I am just a philosopher.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You're right.

There are many liberals who think that President Obama's policies are not nearly liberal enough.

Candidate Obama was MUCH more liberal than President Obama. Especially on bailouts and health care.

There has been some disjointed movement to get a "tea party"-esque Democratic Party movement going. Maybe it's what we need: Tea Party-Republican-Democrats-Far Left. But in all actuality; since the money behind the two party apparatus for potential candidates comes from the DNC and RNC you will never see either side stray THAT far from the party line.

They'll be exceptions and you usually find those in places that have a really high liberal or conservative population---you get your most liberal members of congress from New York City Chicago and LA. You get most of your far right people from rural areas--Idaho. Utah. Alaska (although they have a more libertarian/moderate bent on some issues.

Until someone can fund a completley different 3rd party; no matter how 'right" or "left" your congresscritter is they will fall in line with the party when the petal goes to the metal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

This was my hope my dream my want for the tea party. If it could have remained out of the clutches of the republicans it could have maybe been a vehicle for the progressives and liberals that have been and will continue to be betrayed. That maybe once they would have joined could have been a strong thrid party.

join