It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

You guys DO know there IS an applause sign for them to clap on an item, right? Media productions use it constantly and for everything. the White House media has too. It helps folks respond and shut up at the appropriate times

I thought everyone knew about the flashing applause signs????? CLAP NOW- NO APPLAUSE NOW.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
And Im STILL bent over! I'd at least like a KISS before Im screwed. Hell...we didnt even get that...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fevrier
this speech is about as empty as you can get

sure, the economy is recovering, without any new jobs...

Everybody is afraid to hire with ObamaCare attacking them.
We have new management in the House of Representatives. Now we need new management in the
Senate and the White House.
The Fortune 500 companies can lead our way out of this recession with more jobs.
The U.S. Government needs to get out of the way and stop spending on coc aine for monkeys.
Oh, and stop spending $20 million on signs along the side of the road that say " The Economic
Recovery Is On The Way !"

edit on 27-1-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks to the op, we have some great intelligence on this thread.. America, at one point was the standard for the world, we were the industrial standard, if you travel back to the explosions of ww2 you will see a exceptional vigor that could not be found anywhere else on the planet. I am sure if you wanted to get keen, you could do whatever it takes to abject such a notion. Yet America, was wanted and we brought the world to fame, and we lived off of that for decades. Now in the 21st century everything has changed as a citizen I do not see a relationship with my leaders who lead me and do their best to make my country the greatest most civilized and above all else adored country in this world. If I had to wonder it is the lacks of truth, back when ww2 the truth had to be revealed, the depression the truth had to be revealed, for some reason the truth in this day and age is something all of a sudden we cannot handle, which to me is puzzling and hard to understand, because when given the truth America, has and always has found ways to answer it and fix it, ahem as far back as our birth of a nation reveals such a truth. Tell us the truth America, Mr. president and all of my elected politicians and you may just be surprised what the people of America can do for you. Over and out OP.

you earned my well deserved star and flag, today.
I am amazed we made it so many pages and stayed pretty much on topic.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

You guys DO know there IS an applause sign for them to clap on an item, right? Media productions use it constantly and for everything. the White House media has too. It helps folks respond and shut up at the appropriate times

I thought everyone knew about the flashing applause signs????? CLAP NOW- NO APPLAUSE NOW.

NO I did not there was Applause sign in the Hall.

There's a whole pile of Psychology going on with the Applause. There was a couple of times, where somebody thought they'd beet the sign and half clapped once, they must of felt stupid. How about all those with the Wha? or What you Talk'n about Willis moments, and they still Applauded anyway. Getting people who hate each other to sit side by side (awe), was pure genius. If the Guy on your Left Applaudes and the guy on the Right Applaudes because the Boss told him to, he has to Applaude, he won't be able to control himself or you look like a dick. So when the Camera looks at the entire Flock, there all in unison, there all in aggreeance with Fearless Leader.

The Banksters control the White House, The White House Controls Congress, The Government controls the Police and The Police control the Sheeple, What's missing?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
What's missing?

Civility

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Sometimes the "APPLAUSE" signs are on the cameras on the back....where as what the President is reading...is on the upper left or right of the camera so it appears he's "talking" while looking into the camera.

Ever see the clear-plastic-glass squares on what appears to be in front of, to the left or rt of...someone speaking? They are "prompters" for script to be running on one side only. I use to think they were some kind of shield...until I learned otherwise.

Remember too...most of these political statements, oratories and speeches and state-of-the-whatevers...are all "smoke and mirrors". A grand circus for show.....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow this threads a blast from the past
So whats the consensus?

Pass or Fail?

edit on 24-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Wow this threads a blast from the past
So whats the consensus?

Pass or Fail?

edit on 24-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Passed the final for his BS doctorate...

General consensus
this was his *im running for president speech*

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Apparently last year I cared enough to watch. This year I am simply too tired to waste my precious free time on lies and BS.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join