It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow did yall see that?

The issue of gay people in the service was brought up and the military leaders did not stand and applaud.

What a total farce this is. I do hope people don't believe what that puppet is spewing from his lying lips.

I may not be able to watch all the speech as I am getting angry and also about to lose my supper.

This man must not be re elected.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thanks, Hotbakedtater for your blow-by-blow description. I couldn't watch the speech because I was busy working another 60-hour week to pay for all the lovely things he's talking about, and I'm glad to have some idea of what was covered. (Plus, your take on it is nicely done.)

What I'd really like to see is for someone to give him a shot of sodium pentathol before he comes out for the speech, and then we could hear all about the golfing trips and upscale Whitehouse parties instead of this rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I am watching it on ABC.

The President is invoking Sputnik and the Space Race, BioMedical research, clean technology. He is discussing investing in these and creating jobs in these categories.

Talk about wind and solar power, breaking dependence on oil, having a million electric vehicles ont he roads by 2050. Asking congress to fund the initiatives by cutting perks to oil companies, saying they are doing fine on their own! Asking us to invest in clean energies.

Lots of clapping.

Discussing producing jobs in America not overseas, and education of our children demanding higher education college for future jobs.

Discussing now parental oversight of television watching, and for parents to encourage kids to do science fairs instead. Teach our children success is not Hollywood fame, and our schools share this responsibility. Talking about failing schools, Race to the Top program.

Biden nodding a lot, trying to start a clapfest, failed, still nodding.

Replacing No Child Left behind, lots of clapping there!

Still discussing education.

Oh man I needed a laugh! Thats an excellent summary. "Lots of clapping."

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
More of the same without really addressing what is going on...and a cut to the corporate tax rate.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think for the next SOTU they need to install the applause button because clearly people didn't know when they should or shouldn't applaud.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
More teachers (better teachers), better medicare, faster trains (means new line tracks), more jobs blah blah blah......

where 's the money coming for all that?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Wow did yall see that?

The issue of gay people in the service was brought up and the military leaders did not stand and applaud.

Supreme Court/Joint Chiefs of Staff generally do not applaud during the state of the union to maintain the illusion of being non-political.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ya know,China could probably learn a thing or two about those SOTU´s...about Propaganda,that is...

OT: This Forum is missing a "Throwing Up" Smiley by the way.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thanks to all who enjoyed my blow by blow. I am sorry I missed the ending, but it wa sliterally more pro am rhetoric and propaganda.

All in all this was the same old shanizzle as usual.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the SOTU is nothing but a psy-op
from TPTB.

You are SO correct BDS. Placate the masses. That's all it is. Most people don't even watch, they just catch what some talking head said about it.

The Repub response from this guy Ryan is pretty scary too. Sobering, yet still taking part in the same mind control from the other side.

What a bunch of BS!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Obama has frozen salaries of the workers of ALL national laboratories, and these people aren't in fact government employees because there are managing companies who govern these facilities.

How does that support research and motivation for students to be a part of it?

No matter what he does he's facing the dark side, i.e. the Repubs, which prefer to take the country down with them rather than have progress and investment going with a Dem president in the house.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Pretty words, mostly puff...nothing really concrete that I heard.

Puts me in mind of the investment warning:

"past performance does not guarantee future performance"

How do you define "a good teacher" so that you can reward them? The effects of teaching may not be measurable for years, so does that mean the good teachers must defer their rewards to some unspecified future date? That sounds like a scam to defraud teachers to me.

I heard not a single thing that addressed any of my concerns.

The economy has not come close to recovering...more of my friends are jobless, homeless, or on the verge than ever I can remember, and I heard nothing that relates to any reality I'm aware of, or that gives me confidence that things won't keep getting worse, and swiftly.

Cities, counties, and states throughout the East and southeast have already blown their snow-removal budgets for the season, and more storms are on the way. Water mains, gas lines, and roads are being damaged by the severe extremes of every sort and busting maintenance budgets. Cities look to counties and states to bail them out, counties look to the states, and the states look to the feds pay the bills, and everyone's freaking broke and in debt over their heads already. What the hell's gonna happen when the spring floods come?

Bah!

Where the hell are the adults?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Wow did yall see that?

FYI, the people you're referring to are on the JCS. They're not supposed to applaud. He could have said all military are getting a 20% pay raise, and they still wouldn't have clapped. Don't let your hatred blind you.

As for my own analysis, it was well delivered but I thought the content of the speech was terrible, full of useless platitudes. I noticed Boehner did not even give a golf clap when Obama said he's glad insurance companies can't have pre-existing conditions anymore. Hah, that symbolic vote was a sham Mr. Speaker.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sorry folks, it seems Mr. or President Obama believes in fairy tales.

Just watched his movie, which is what it was, people you have to realize the problems. My god, you cannot admit to lies can you?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Not sure if I heard the same speech you guys did.

All I heard was blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah

Ball, Ball, Ball, ball, walk
Playin' it SAFE!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Not sure if I heard the same speech you guys did.

All I heard was blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah

Ball, Ball, Ball, ball, walk
Playin' it SAFE!

What do expect? Wake up, he can't do much with the lame congress.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

He couldn't do much with a packed full of liberals congress.

We are out of money!
More war please.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

OT: This Forum is missing a "Throwing Up" Smiley by the way.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Daggumit, I can't believe I missed it.
All the elements were there and I misread it.
That wasn't a State of the Union address, that was a campaign speech.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, I have to say, the idea about breaking up the partisan part, was a HUGE MISTAKE. It looked like everytime the STATISTS wanted to espouse their rhetoric, they FAILED. Then the times that the times that we should actually come together, they all raised.

Hmmm, miscalculation by the STATISTS?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join