It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Not that I hate him...just that he likes to talk all this stuff about what they are going to or need to do and hasn't done any of it at all. I am all for it too, but it is likely it won't happen....If you are being sarcastic, then I missed it..lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Is it just me or is this guy speaking in lala land. reminds me of that movie the Truman, show. Poor Mr. Obama, this guy has not been outside of the white house in a long time. Where is all this money going to come from, to make these Disney rides this guy is trying to sell us? I would believe it, if he did not sound like mickey mouse tonight. What a joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Seems to me the prez is more interested in applause,.
Nothing but Bla Bla comin outta his mouth as usual

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
cont....

Still discussing education and good schools, and good teachers. Invoked Korea teachers. Says our kids need to respect our teachers as much as those Korean kids do theirs, burst of clapping.

Reward good teachers, stop excusing bad ones.

A ten year plan for 100 thousand new teachers in science and math and engineering. (YES!!) (TOTALLY SUPPORT)

Encourages youths who are watching to be a teacher because 'your country needs you'!!

Clapping.

Biden furiously smiling.

O says education should be in reach for all citizens. Tuition tax credit should be permanent.

Lots of education discussion, now community colleges being invoked. Personal story coming, about Kathy Proctor, at 55 earning a bioeng. degree to inspire her children. (as I plan to do this year!)

More education discussion.

God McCain looks like a bloated chipmunk!!

Clapping, extended.

M. O. needs to fire her fashion advisor.

Now discussing the children being educated here who are living here with threat of deportation.

Here it comes,

Illegal Immigration.

Has completely switched the topic to this now, it appears, clapping segueway.

Wants us to quit sending home the illegal kids so they can enrich our nation.

Now says to win america we must rebuild America.

Once again invokes Korea, saying their internet is better than ours. China has better trains than us? We have to do better he says. Invoked Transcontinetal railroad. Claims we have been rebuilding for the past two years (really? where?)

Clapping.

Claims more construction jobs, and will pay for it with private investors (good luck).

Eighty percent Americans with internet in the next twenty years?

Made some dumb joke I missed. Small laughter, mostly polite.

Now 98 percent of American's need high speed internet.

Something about taxes (sorry have some interruptions here a tthe house! AGH teens!!)

Asking all to simplify system level playing field. Rhetoric. Clapping. Standing O.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by SirKnightE

Hey, I do NOT hate Obama, that is a misnomer.

I HATE his policies as I HATED Bush's policies.

I can dig someone who hates equally

but like everyone, I do hope its not all talk,

sidenote... why is Boner back there looking all angry and sh!t

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

started almost exactly when the clock struck 9:11 PM. Classic.. then of course he references it. and when he came in it felt like R.F.K., and then references Robert in a quote..

very demanding though with his finger and hand pointing..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Rome is NOT BURNING, IT IS BURNT!

Reign of Fire

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
this is one of the weakest leadership speeches I have ever heard.

Weakest with a capital W. It sounds generic and pathetic. Its a very careless speech or address.

So I will lower my standards even more for politiks in 2011. I am betting the 2012 presidential election campaign is going to be turned into a reality show for nbc and fox.

if it suits your fancy the crows are starting to circle.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
it's hard to take someone serious when they are so out of touch with everyday america that they don't know the price of a gallon of milk.

the last time obama had to do any real work and earn a real living, or do anything for himself for that matter, milk was probably 75 cents a gallon and a newspaper cost a quarter.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
cont....

Discussing trade deals and promoting Am Jobs. Invoked Korea a third time.

(sorry, another interruption).(teen has left the building!)

Clapping, standing o again.

Biden laughing, now...Helathcare!!

Here we go.

Another standing O.

Invoking insurance companies, ragged on them.

Now going into a personal story about Jim Howard, with brain cancer.

Talking about tweaks to healthcare.

Basically more rhetoric, and yet another standing O. These people are getting their exercise!

Now debt (wow Healthcare got nothing, nada, a short short riff tonight).

Debt, he claims worst of recession is over, admits govt spends more than comes in, families sacrifice, and their government should do the same.

Reluctant standing O.

Proposes starting this year freesing domestic spending for five years. Weak scattered applause, because the freeze will hurt. Fed employees salaries already cut. Discussing more cuts they are giving to military. Says some have proposed deeper cuts. But dont do it off backs of most vulnerable citizens. And make sure cuts are apporopriate.

Biden acts sleepy.

Stop pretending spending cuts are enough.

Still discussing spending, fiscal committee, cutting spending. Sounds familiar and rhetorical to me.

Oh now says we must reduce medicare and healthcare costs (hey what about those vulnerable peeps, O?)

Medical malpracrtice reform, big applause, one person stood up.

Invoked Social security, current retirees.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He gets somethings right, US is really behind when it comes to internet and transportation. Most countries in Europe, Japan and SK have 100/100 fiber internet while the us just starting and it's very expensive.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
We should know where and how our taxes are being spent, there is going to be a website for the first time with that information. That this with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How come he is not wearing the ribbon that everyone else seems to be wearing f.y.i the ribbon is for Gabrielle Gifford.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Obama sure is making it sound good.

But where is he talking about? It's certainly not the USA.

I could not sleep tonight if I deceived the nation as he is doing in his speech.

Lies, lies and more empty lies.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the SOTU is nothing but a psy-op
from TPTB.

along with all the body language, finger, hand and arm gestures, and of course, the correct wording ....

all rehearsed and coached.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah ,yeah. Wait, what did he just say? Oh no he didn't. Shut your mouth. Who's the baddest mofo, low down, round this town? Shonuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh wow. I thought I was watching a rerun of every other state of the union I have ever seen. Didn't realize this was a new episode.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the SOTU is nothing but a psy-op
from TPTB.

along with all the body language, finger, hand and arm gestures, and of course, the correct wording ....

all rehearsed and coached.

Now where have I seen similar gesturing and body language..... I know it looks familiar. Seems some other really popular fellow in the past duped an entire nation into believing he would change everything and spewed forth unfathomable promises. Just can't remember his name. Guy had a crazy one handed salute too..........

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
cont.....

Clapping....

Says millionaires need to give up their tax breaks (what??)

Just saw three men in suits sitting in the freaking aisle!!

Now is the time to act, both sides, to make hard choices.

More rhetoric.

Says we need to give people a more competent government!

Invokes digital age again. Really laying it on about the internet tonight. The theme I have gotten is Korea mentions and internet mentions leading the speech.

Another lame joke.

Discussing waste.

(oh the jokes.....)

Shots of bored people in audience.

Clapping.

Rebuilding faith in government (good luck).

Claims a lot of this stuff will be online for us to access!

Just said we deserve to know no pet projects" larding up" congress, rofl!

21st century government that is open and competent, oh boy, who wrote this, a comedy team?

Again, the laying it on thick with the internet mentions.

Now says we must defeat enemies and build coalitions, rhetoric about America shining for the world, and American standing has been restored. We should look to Iraq to prove this.

Another standing O.

Still invoking Iraq. Claims we are gonna finish the job! And the war will come to an end!! Weak clapping.

But now he invokes the terrorists Al Qaieda.

Reminds us Muslims are part of our American family to a Standing O.

Al Qauida again.

The Tollybonn? Who is that?

Rhetoric. Clapping Standing O.

Still Al Qaida, we will defeat you. Of course a standing O.

Discusses far fewer nuclear materials being in the hands of terrorists.

OH GOD Hill looks awful!! Fix your hair, woman.

Now discussing Russia and Asia, forging aloiances around the globe. I suppose this is the NWO nod?

Discussing recent events setting us apart, now discussing south Sudan, small clapping. People dancing in the streets, freedom.

Desire to be free in Tunisia (for you Misoir!).

Standing O again.

We must never forget our struggles are the world struggles, and now we must clap for our soldiers, of course another standing O.

(Does this sound familiar yall).

Still clapping.

Still clapping.

Still clapping.

Sitting.

Says our nations hsould be united for our soldiers, by buying them more equipment and healthcare. Discussing the diversity of our troops.

Biden is really getting on my nerves with his weird smiling and head movements, is he rolling?

Now he wants recruiters on college campuses in the name of one nation, Standing O. (gmab).

Says we have hard work ahead of us.

It will take time. We will argue about it all. (got that right.)

Now dissing other countries, namelessly.

Biden has maintained that smile the entire time.

Claims none of us would trade our country for any other on earth, standing O and .....Chants???? Yes someone hooted!!

More Pro American rhetoric. This is a country where anything is possible.

Invokes....

THE AMERICAN DREAM.

Tells us about the humble beginnings of those sitting behind him, much to ones chagrin it seems. Biden still smiling.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The joke he made about the train system expansion. (Not an exact quote) "Some of time riding the train will be faster than flying... without the patdown" This comment made my blood boil. Where does he get off turning the TSA issue in to a joke?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join