It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help finding a book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There was this book of short stories I bought in elementary school at a book fair that I would like to get my hands on again. It's been lost since then and I miss it a lot.

I don't know who wrote the book or what it was called but, I remember details from some of the stories:

- A boy cuts his finger and a friend has him dip in salt water from the ocean and it stops bleeding

- A boy, whose father is poor, is given a watch by him that plays Green Shoes. A whale washes up on shore at the local beach and his father is tasked with getting rid of it. He blows it up and the pieces of carcass cover the town and black flies invade. Later, they find out that ambergris from the whale can be used to make perfume and is very valuable and the boy ends up finding it. The boy is going through town with his dad when he notices the kid that is always bullying is tossing the ambergris in the air like a ball after stealing it.

- A kid pukes up his spaghetti on the school bully in the lunch room.

- A kid is told he can do something he wants to when dogs fly and a dog is accidentally launched through the air granting him what he wants.

That's all I can remember. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

The cover of the book had an orange background and a kid puking spaghetti on another kid's face. I guess it was all short stories book about gross things. I seem to remember that it had a British tone to it in the writing but I could be wrong.

Again if you can help I would appreciate it. I've searched all over the net and can't come up with anything.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

It sounds like a Paul Jennings book, an Australian writer us Aussies devoured as children...does that sound familiar to you?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by melsbells137

I'll look him up...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by melsbells137
reply to post by PhantomLimb

It sounds like a Paul Jennings book, an Australian writer us Aussies devoured as children...does that sound familiar to you?

I found it! I found it! I found it! THANK YOU!!!

Uncanny!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No problem - happy to help! You know, they made a show based on his books down here - it's called "Round the Twist", if you're interested.

Take care

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'll look that up too. You just made someone in Illinois very happy!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
WOW!! Could you find me a girlfriend as fast as you found him that book?? Great job!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

How old are you? Hahaha

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

My oldest kid is early thirties, all I'm going to say for now lol

top topics

join