It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programming in Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So recently someone was trying to convince me that rock and psychedelic music was used in programming during MK-Ultra. I know there are a million websites that discuss MK-Ultra and programming which also mention this supposed "fact." However, let's postulate for a moment about whether today's music is used for the same purpose??? What do you think about that thought????

As I was driving to work today, I started flipping through my iPod to see if I could anything that could have a double (or perfectly blatant) meaning. Below are a few lyrics for thought on this subject. Just because I'm posting them doesn't mean I believe these are being used for such a purpose. What do you think? If so, why? If not, why not?

Inside the Fire

Devin
Won't go to heaven
She's just another lost soul,
About to be mine again
Leave her
we will receive her
It is beyond your control
will you ever meet again?

Devin
One of eleven
Who had been rendered unwhole
As a little child,
she was taken
and then forsaken
you will remember it all
Let it fill your mind again

[Chorus:]
Devin lies beyond this portal
take the word of one immortal
Give your soul to me
For eternity
release your life
to begin another time with her
End your grief with me
there's another way
release your life
take your place inside the fire with her

Sever
Now and forever
you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
see her, you'll never free her
you must surrender it all
If you'd like to meet again

Fire
For your desire
As she begins to turn cold for the final time
you will shiver
till you deliver
you will remember it all
Let it fill your mind again

[Chorus]

Give your soul to me
For eternity
release your life
to begin another time with her
End your grief with me
there's another way
release your life
take your place inside the fire with her

Devin
One of eleven
Who had been rendered unwhole
As a little child
she was taken,
and then forsaken
you will remember it all
Let it blow your mind again

Cry Little Sister

A last fire will rise behind those eyes
Black house will rock, blind boys don't lie
Immortal fear, that voice so clear
Through broken walls, that scream I hear

Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill

Blue masquerade, strangers look on
When will they learn this loneliness?
Temptation heat beats like a drum
Deep in your veins, I will not lie

Little sister - Thou shall not fall

My Shangri-Las
I can't forget
Why you were mine
I need you now

Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
So recently someone was trying to convince me that rock and psychedelic music was used in programming during MK-Ultra. I know there are a million websites that discuss MK-Ultra and programming which also mention this supposed "fact." However, let's postulate for a moment about whether today's music is used for the same purpose??? What do you think about that thought????

As I was driving to work today, I started flipping through my iPod to see if I could anything that could have a double (or perfectly blatant) meaning. Below are a few lyrics for thought on this subject. Just because I'm posting them doesn't mean I believe these are being used for such a purpose. What do you think? If so, why? If not, why not?

Im confused. What do we think about the lyrics you posted or what do we think about mind control with music?
If this is about mind control in music, and the lyrics you posted are just random, then I just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Watch some kanye west videos heck any of these overated mega stars if the artist themselves isnt aware of the illuminati then the directors are their videos are full of symbolism and some videos are quie morbid or even satanic ,

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Either... Do you think programming is happening in today's music? If so...post an example and explain your thoughts.

Or, I picked a few songs out of my iPod that I thought some of you might think are damning. Personally, I don't...but if you do, then why?

Do you think "programming" extends to lyrics? Rhythm? Beat? Or the combination of all of those things?

I want to know how you think programming in music works (mechanical breakdown) as well as some examples that will illustrate your opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking

Watch some kanye west videos heck any of these overated mega stars if the artist themselves isnt aware of the illuminati then the directors are their videos are full of symbolism and some videos are quie morbid or even satanic ,

I'm not talking about videos, which are visual in nature. I'm talking strictly about music....sound. Not pictures.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I personally think that no programming is not happening with music, but talent has fallen from the wayside for record companies greedy little sticky hands. That being said, Music has been used to antagonize and provoke the enemy for years, in Vietnam for instance and something Full Metal Jacket shows well, the enemy and vice versa used music at night to instill fear into the enemy. In modern day it is said that many times interrogators will put music into the isolation rooms to break their prey. Those are just two examples of how music is used as a weapon.

Here's an article on the subject: www.sibetrans.com...
edit on 25-1-2011 by Golithion because: Jstor I hate thee!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Disturbed rocks !!

Of course what they are saying is to influence the listener !!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i feel like lady gaga brainwashes little girls. I'm about to be a father in march and no way in hell is my daughter listening to any lady gaga. imagine if your 12 year old listened to her album all the time? music can influence people in weird ways and her lyrics remind me of psycho ex girlfriend Ive had.

Im also a musician myself and i made a song called Nose Candy, it was about taking solid adderall pills and crushing them up and snorting lines of it...The pills themselves were almost cut with sugar because you could literally chew it up and it tasted sweet so when you snorted it the drips in the back of your throat were sweet and tasted like candy. the chorus to it was so catchy i went to hang out with a huge group of my friends at the park and all of them were singing it, then it branched out more and i became infamous for being the dude with the awesome adderall song and all of a sudden 75% of the people i knew had a new favorite drug of choice.

I dont do it anymore, i dont support it, Im not proud of it. but it really happened. if you want to listen you can go to reverbnation.com/dislexsickness

its the 3rd song from the bottom. i hate it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Musicians are making records to influence their listeners.

To buy more records, concert tickets and tee-shirts.

The Finger

Buddy grow up --she said
But I never went all the way in
I liked to hold some of it back
I told her that I did it for "Tim"

Divided the rest from my ego
I built up a throne for my id
and I happily stood in the shadows
of my wasted years

You and I both know the truth
what's good for me ain't right for you
but I'm not ready to hold my breath
to pay your kind of dues

So I'm giving you the finger in a slow punk rock jam
Call it a sign of respect if it makes
you feel any better

So and so's sleeping with Didi
Such and such said you were dead
Drowned in a thermos of coffee
on a tour through your (F'd-up) head
So what if I owe you a favor?
Seemed like the right thing to swear
And what if I pay you back later?
You don't care (and why should you?)

Now you and I both know the score
There's never gonna be a war
But I'm not ready to shut my mouth
and pretend to agree with your reasons

So I'm giving you the finger in a slow punk rock jam
Call it whatever you want
if it makes you feel any better

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SIKKAthanMOST

Yeah you do.

Third song from the bottom you say?

Wink wink.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
98% of mainstream rap is unbelievably pathetic. I could honestly spit a random freestyle, which I'm not even good at doing, and even if it lasted 20 seconds at the max, I could just mix up like two lines to be the chorus which repeats for 2 minutes during the song, then like 4 lines for each verse. All you need to be considered a "talented rapper" by those people that only listen to music for the beat and don't even realize that words are being spoken is a catchy jingle that talks about "swag" or some stupid thing like that.

I'm sure one of those sellouts would gladly put some subliminal messages into his awful songs.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Two good songs I like by Disturbed and Seasons After. There is some religious tone to them, but I'm not sure if they are used for mind control.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Haha, nobody will ever know.

and yeah 3rd from the bottom. its titled nose candy. you can download it and corrupt your friends with it if youd like

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

( I used to have a handwritten journal full of notes on this subject, but it's long gone now and I haven't bothered to delve into the subject again since i became internet aware. But I'll paraphrase what I remember most on this subject - sorry I don't have links, I'm sure they're out there if you'd like an actual breakdown on the official studies and findings...: )

There are certain tempos that have been shown to produce certain physical responses in the tested demographic such as increased heart rate and blood flow and the further inclusion of particular frequencies for beats, prolonged repetition of mantra-like rhythms and harmonious overlays creating an awakening of certain levels of conscious awareness (or even subconscious unawareness).

Tribal societies have long known the power of the drum and music to be a powerful tool for inducing a natural state of altered consciousness, one reason certain secular churches viewed music and dancing to be of a negative indulgence - and hence strictly forbidden - due to the convulsions and gyrations witnessed when missionaries encountered traditional native peoples...such an expression was deemed an undesirable visual spectacle and some went so far as to condemn such expressions as "demonic possession".

Even the power of the spoken word - the intonation and pitch variation - can have immediate effects to open up suggestibility of the listener - one reason certain vocal types prevail in advertisements and radio broadcasting...

There is a degree of truth to this caution - with the proper alignment of composition, one can create a hypnotic musical piece and interject it with suggestible lyrics that can easily be for the betterment or worsening of individuals - which depends entirely on the maturity and discernment of the listener in question rather than the nature of the work itself.

Whereas one person can hear a piece of music and be immediately turned off by it - another will be drawn to it - almost instinctively - and thus music can be used to create (or manage) the various subcultures we see around us these days (and generations before us).

Seeing as how we are all comprised of matter (which vibrates) it corresponds that we are, as humans, sensitive to harmonious and dissonant vibrations from external sources as well - music being a pure application of controlled vibrational aspects.

Long story short - yes, music can easily be engineered to move and direct certain elements of our society and culture.

edit on 1/25/11 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling, clarity, minor grammar corrections

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I had an idea similar to yours, and spent years looking through thousands and thousands of lyrics in the hopes of finding some sort of "key". After filling up several flash drives with copies of the things I thought were "important", I'm still no closer to figuring out what the hell is going on.

But I was damn sure that something was going on.

Words I searched for: sign; blackbird; white light; whispers; silence; towers; master; desert; keys; secrets; communication...

Obviously these terms are broad, but context must be taken into consideration. Even more confusing than who's 'in on it' is who's on which 'side of it'.

I've called off the search for now. People thought I was nuts. LOL. Probably am.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Elphineas

You were on the right track, sorta. Except that the real "keys" are in the number of syllables per line, and the number of lines per song. It's all in the tones, the beats per minute and in the syllable count.

True story.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'v posted this story before but this is a good thread for it again, anyway back in 2005 i came across a document on a website about music slaves and it said there were certin trigger words for them like the word Doc, Wizard of Oz stuff and Darth Vadar alot of the programming seemed to mirror things that Fritz Springmeier wrote about in his book The Illuminati Formula Used to Create an Undetectable Total Mind Control Slave, the document also went on to say that when a music slave is told he/she is to be thrown from the freedom train it means they are to be killed....

As i said before when i went to post this document three days later the whole website was gone like it never existed.

So i'm sure there are branchs that broke off of what was known as MK-Ultra that have music elements to there mind control experiment.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There are two sides to every coin though.
There is also music that will try to awaken us to what is really going on in todays world.
-----------------------------------------------------
Example of a band who through lyric, seem to try to show us and wake us up.

VNV NATION: The Farthest Star.

The will to greatness clouds the mind
Consumes the senses, veils the signs
We each are meant to recognize.
Redeeming graces cast aside
Enduring notions, new found promise,
That the end will never come.

We live in times when all seems lost,
But time will come when we'll look back,
Upon ourselves and on our failings.

Embrace the void even closer still,
Erase your doubts as you surrender everything:

We possess the power,
If this should start to fall apart,
To mend divides,
To change the world,
To reach the farthest star.
If we should stay silent.
If fear should win our hearts,
Our light will have long diminished,
Before it reaches the farthest star.

Wide awake in a world that sleeps
Enduring thoughts, enduring scenes.
The knowledge of what is yet to come.
From a time when all seems lost,
From a dead man to a world.
Without restraint, unafraid and free.

We possess the power,
To mend divides,
To change the world,

If we fall and break,
All the tears in the world cannot make
us whole
Again.

We possess the power,
To mend divides,
To change the world,

www.vnvnation.com...

edit on 27-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Never heard the first song, but it would seem to indicate that there is no hope for people. Second one, Cry Little Sister, was from The Lost Boys, and many of the references (though not all) are to the vampires. Very odd song, all in all. Not sure about mind control, but the writer could be a bit off. Love the song, too, I have to add.

Now, there is a song I have heard, that seems to be two songs in one. Meaning, some of the lyrics seem to be about a guy-girl relationship of some sort, and possible drugs use, but other lines in the song don't fit at all, and are more than a little, well, creepy. Will post that one, and see what people think: (lines that I wonder about in bold)

Head East - Never Been Any Reason
Did you see any action?
Did you make any friends?
Would you like some affection
Before I leave again?

I've been walking behind you
Since you've been able to see
There's never been any reason
For you to think about me

Did you have any bad dreams?
Did you break any glass?
Would you be my companion,
Is there even a chance?

You've been talking in circles
Since I've been able to cry
For never telling me why, yeah, yeah

Save my life, I'm going down for the last time
Woman with the sweet lovin, better than a white line
Bring a good feeling ain't had in such a long time
Save my life, I'm going down for the last time

Have you ever been lonely?
Do you have any fun?
Do you ever think of me?
I'm just another one, yeah

You never give me no answer,
You never tell me the truth
For me to think about you

yeah
There's never been any reason...
(more chorus)

Well, most of the song seems to be to the girl, and how she could help him get over an addiction, but those other sections don't seem to fit that. The last set could, maybe, refer to the drug, but the rest don't seem to at all. More like, it's two different songs. Been thinking on this one a LOT lately, and no idea why. Something about it won't get out of my head.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
I'v posted this story before but this is a good thread for it again, anyway back in 2005 i came across a document on a website about music slaves and it said there were certin trigger words for them like the word Doc, Wizard of Oz stuff and Darth Vadar alot of the programming seemed to mirror things that Fritz Springmeier wrote about in his book The Illuminati Formula Used to Create an Undetectable Total Mind Control Slave, the document also went on to say that when a music slave is told he/she is to be thrown from the freedom train it means they are to be killed....

As i said before when i went to post this document three days later the whole website was gone like it never existed.

So i'm sure there are branchs that broke off of what was known as MK-Ultra that have music elements to there mind control experiment.

This is sort of along the lines of what I was thinking. I think it is probable that someone could or would use beats, rhythms, etc... to engage a trance-like state (follow this thought out to whatever you will....). However, I was thinking about the rather seemingly double-meaning to some lyrics in today's music and how they might be construed as a "warning" or "trigger" to some buried alter or unconsciousness.

So rather, I guess, it is a way to reach or reinforce that which was previously created or installed rather than the creation of something new. I don't know...what do you think?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join