It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook founder's fan page deleted after hack attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Facebook founder's fan page deleted after hack attack

www.rawstory.com

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook and subject of the Oscar-nominated The Social Network, on Tuesday declared that he would like to see his company turned into a charity that would hand over its profits to worthy causes.

If that sounds too good -- or too bizarre -- to be true, it turned out it was. Zuckerberg's fan page was reportedly the victim of an attack by a hacker working to spread the word about social businesses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is poetic justice. Zuckerburg ruffled some feathers with comments he made weeks back saying that he didn't believe in privacy.

Also, articles like this that cast a shadow over facebook as an NWOesque organization:

www.wired.com...

The 'hack attack' was harmless, funny, and dare i say, deserved?

Furthermore, you've gotta question the security. When the owners profile is getting hacked, what hope do the other 500 million people have?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-1-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Interesting that the decision to become a philanthropist should coincide with a hack on his web page. Could be a conspiracy of sorts in this somewhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I realise it's against the rules but I've got to say it anyway...

Good!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

He got what he deserved really, I think f
ebook should be taken down alltogether theres too many people fishing for compliments and judging others, Such a website devoted to self-loving and vanity should never have been made

But from seeing "The Social Network" I gather Mr Zuckerberg was widely hated by a lot of people anyway

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

FB users don't have to worry about their accounts being hacked. Mr. Z pimps each string of data to as many companies as he can. One does not have to spend too much time in the land of Farmville to notice the lack of subtlety. Advertisements directly related to users preferences & comments abound.

The sad thing was Z's past written statement to users that their information would never be sold or shared. I would hate to be famous for being a liar.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

All it would take to shut down facebook would be people getting hacked and viruses through it...

I'm not suggestion anyone actually do this...

Really. I'm not.

Why are you looking at me like that?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Just think, all it takes to be pimped out is to go to ivy league. Its about as transparent as it gets, only if you look closely. A finely fashioned new mob of pretty intelligent folks being lead by the leash. Seriously, how could one kid afford to go there? Connections and servitude maybe? How would people react to the notion that kissinger created fb. Not as cozy as some hotshot college punk.

When a movie about the kid and his 'creation' becomes the favorite oscar, that should tell you one thing or two. Exploitation. That is where the real money is at.

new topics

top topics

join