It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Changer - Obama will have to produce birth certificate to run again in Arizona!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
You 'birthers' are just stuck on a cheap, temporary, and now retired attack point. It was never meant to be serious or long term, just the attack of the day. But no, a bunch of doofii latch on and can't let go. Like barnacles on a sinking ship. Enjoy the cruise.

It's not an attack point, it's a Constitutional requirement. The fact that the birth certificate does not exist is proof that Obama does not meet one of the requirements to hold the office. To support this contention his natural grandmother has stated that she was an eyewitness to his birth in the country of Kenya.

It could have been a temporary issue, but because Obama has fought this rather than prove he was born in this country, it has maintained it's relevancy.

There is nothing retired about the issue so we will have none of the 'science is settled' 'move along' arguments.

edit on 26-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
To support this contention his natural grandmother has stated that she was an eyewitness to his birth in the country of Kenya.

This is a hilarious example of the lies birthers tell.

Obama does not even have a "natural grandmother" in Kenya.
She died in 2006, long before the supposed video of his "grandmother" was made.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Can paper be radiocarbon dated? It is cellulose, which comes from trees and it contains carbon in it. If it is produced, Im not sure if it can be Carbon-13 dated, but we could give it a shot.

Birth certificates are copies of data held by the state.
The date of issue has no bearing on the legality of the document.
Why would you want to carbon date a copy?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Proof? Evidence? have any? Didn't think so~ Move along~

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is from a different thread but it should be here as well.

the other thread

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofnone
reply to post by ossminid

I was never a 'birther'. That being said, I'm very suspicious now
Just because his mother was too young to confer citizenship on him and his father was a British subject, and just because the vetting from Democratic party that Nancy Pelosi signed was redacted so it doesn't say he is a natural born American citizen, and just because his long form birth certificate has never been released or seen by anyone except Fukino, and just because there are conflicting stories about which of the two hospitals in Hawaii he was born at, and just because fact-checking site Snopes.com changed their "facts" about the location of Omaba's birth after UPI reported that Obama himself said he was born at Queens, but a letter posted online from Kapiolani stated that Kapiolani was the president's birthplace, and just because Kapiolani removed that letter claiming to be Obama's birthplace from their website and refused to comment on it, and just because former Hawaii Governor Lingle says she gave special instructions to director Fukino to state Kapiolani as the birthplace in Hawaii's press release in 2008, and just because Director Fukino specifically denied that Governor Lingle gave her any special instructions and didn't list Kapiolani as the birthplace, and just because governor Abercrombie said this whole birther thing is ridiculous and he will straighten it out, and then a friend of Abercrombie stated that governor Abercrombie was not able to find any evidence of a birth certificate, and just because Fukino issued a subsequent press release no longer claiming it was a "birth certificate" but instead just a "vital record", and just because his student records that presumably show he received foreign student aid have not been released, and just because he attended a Muslim school as an Indonesian citizen when he was a boy under a different name, and just because he traveled on an unknown but presumably Indonesian citizen's passport to Pakistan when he was 20 or so when American citizens were forbidden to enter that country, and just because he has spent God only knows how much money to prevent any of this information from ever coming to the light of day, you're suspicious?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

I don't know Kailassa, she looks pretty alive to me. You were probably thinking of a different grandmother.

or maybe the Kenyan Ambasador

or maybe his wife

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Already proven to be a lie:

MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?

OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.

MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?

OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.

MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.

OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.

OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

www.salon.com...

The Kenyan Ambassador was talking about the place where Obama's family is from, he never EVER said Obama was born there. The DJ's were saying Obama was born in Kenya. Notice that? Didja notice that the DJ's were saying that Obama was born in Kenya not the Kenyan Ambassador. More Birther BULL [snip]

Yea, his ancestral home IS Kenya, Jesus! You all also think that this was real too?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I like the Big Bird one too, didn't Leno do that? Hey do you want to see an even funnier one - Look at this idiot... I bet you're going to say that's fake too right?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Nope Obama actually said that. It was a gaff.

So, a gaff now disqualifies someone from presidential office? Really? Now making a mistake is grounds to strip someone of their natural born citizenship status? Is that what you are telling us? That because of a slip up, magically negates his natural born citizenship status? Really? Is that what you are telling us? Is that the point of putting that gaff up? Are you saying that because of that he can't possibly be from this country? Really?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personally I find this tactic amusing...

President Obama might have many faults, but being an "idiot" is not one of them. He's an extremely intelligent person who, most likely, has read Sun Tzu and would find pleasure in his opposition underestimating him.

From my perspective if anyone lack intelligence in this issue, it is surely the factions of the GOP who, even while positive that we have an illegitimate POTUS, cannot manage to bring him down and have to resort to inhabiting Internet forums as a means of getting their message across.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/27/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I remember when Henry Aaron was inching closer and closer to breaking Babe Ruth's home run record. He received death threats, was called terrible things, and had to have extra security. It was a national disgrace then and its a national disgrace now. You birthers remind me of that. And history will not be kind to your movement and your grandchildren will loathe you for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

Originally posted by Kailassa

I don't know Kailassa, she looks pretty alive to me. You were probably thinking of a different grandmother.

"Looks like" has always been enough for Birthers.
That's typical of children who still need picture books.
Don't worry, one day some might learn to read properly.

Obama's DEAD paternal grandmother:

Habiba Akumu Obama
Also known as Akumu Nyanjoga (c. 1918-2006). Barack Obama's paternal grandmother, and the second wife of Hussein Onyango Obama. She gave Onyango three children: daughters Sarah and Auma, and son Barack (Barack Obama's father). . . . she was miserable in her marriage and abandoned her husband and children and subsequently married again and moved to present-day Tanzania.

The woman in your video:

Sarah Onyango Obama
Third wife of Obama's paternal grandfather, born 1922. She is known for short as Sarah Obama and is sometimes referred to as Sarah Ogwel, Sarah Hussein Obama or Sarah Anyango Obama. She lives in Nyang’oma Kogelo village, 30 miles west of western Kenya's main town, Kisumu, on the edge of Lake Victoria.
. . . . .
During the campaign she protested attempts to portray Obama as a foreigner to the United States or a Muslim . . . .

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Any rational person would be skeptical.

It is not the skeptics responsibility to prove that he wasn't born in this country, it's his responsibility to prove that he was (and he hasn't).
edit on 27-1-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

No, you got that backwards, the people that put forth this conspiracy have the obligation to come up with concrete and irrefutable evidence to support their claim. As of this point, they have come up with exactly nothing that even resembles irrefutable evidence to support their claim.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
No, you got that backwards, the people that put forth this conspiracy have the obligation to come up with concrete and irrefutable evidence to support their claim. As of this point, they have come up with exactly nothing that even resembles irrefutable evidence to support their claim.

If you want to be president it's your responsiblity to prove that you're eligible to hold that office, it is not my responsibility to prove that you aren't.

Refusing to provide proof when it would be very easy to do so (and in fact spending millions to prevent access to that proof) should make any rational person skeptical.

Simple as that.

Despite the repeated attempts to portray skeptics as irrational partisans, the truth is just the opposite (only an irrational partisan could possibly fail to be skeptical).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
"Arizona may have the most advanced plan, but 10 of the United States – controlling 107 Electoral College votes – are now considering some type of legislation that would plug the hole in federal election procedures that in 2008 allowed Barack Obama to be nominated, elected and inaugurated without providing proof of his qualifications under the U.S. Constitution.

Read more: 10 states now developing eligibility proof-demands www.wnd.com...

Arizona
Connecticut
Georgia
Indiana
Maine
Missouri
Nebraska
Montana
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Texas

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

He seemed to have satisfied the secretaries of state in all 50 states the last time he ran, I know that some states are putting forth bs legislation to appease the birthers (why, I have no idea) but I will bet you dollar to donuts that Obama will be on the ballot in all 50 states thereby once again dashing the sad pathetic hopes and dreams of the birthers.

Of course it won't stop the birthers, oh no, nothing at all will stop some people from believing this garbage, absolutely nothing, but birthers will continue on their tireless lame, pathetic crusade to push this stupid conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Of course it won't stop the birthers, oh no, nothing at all will stop some people from believing this garbage, absolutely nothing, but birthers will continue on their tireless lame, pathetic crusade to push this stupid conspiracy.

Asking him to provide the proof (which he can easily provide, apparently) isn't a "belief" or a "crusade" it's a perfectly reasonable request.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Asking him to provide the proof (which he can easily provide, apparently) isn't a "belief" or a "crusade" it's a perfectly reasonable request.

And when he did, it wasn't good enough, and the truth is, no matter what proof he provides, it won't be good enough, because birthers aren't interested in the truth. If they were, then this:

Would have been perfectly adequate proof. Especially because the Constitution does not specify exactly what piece of paper qualifies someone as a natural born citizen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join