It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full state of the union speech leaked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That will save us from watching Obama...something which I cannot do.... just like I couldn't stand Bush for more than a few seconds.

Full text of speech draft obtained by National Journal

Tonight I want to begin by congratulating the men and women of the 112th Congress, as well as your new Speaker, John Boehner. And as we mark this occasion, we are also mindful of the empty chair in this Chamber, and pray for the health of our colleague – and our friend – Gabby Giffords.

It’s no secret that those of us here tonight have had our differences over the last two years. The debates have been contentious; we have fought fiercely for our beliefs. And that’s a good thing. That’s what a robust democracy demands. That’s what helps set us apart as a nation.

But there’s a reason the tragedy in Tucson gave us pause. Amid all the noise and passions and rancor of our public debate, Tucson reminded us that no matter who we are or where we come from, each of us is a part of something greater – something more consequential than party or political preference.

We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed; that the dreams of a little girl in Tucson are not so different than those of our own children, and that they all deserve the chance to be fulfilled.

That, too, is what sets us apart as a nation.

Anyway, read the rest at the link. And cut through the BS... because there's lots of it.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't listen to what Obama says, only what he DOES. I'm not impressed...to put it mildly.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't listen to what Obama says, only what he DOES. I'm not impressed...to put it mildly.

Indeed. I didn't watch any of his speech in the last 4 years. He's too full of it.

Obama pissed that the speech was leaked

“I don’t need to deliver it now,” he said to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. “Everybody saw it.”

Sounds like a little girl.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join