It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full state of the union speech leaked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Maybe his prompter will die

Oh the horror... Though I would pay to see that.

I bet you there would be 10 um's for every word he spoke off prompter.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks..

Hopefully it is the SOTU address...

printed, and highlighter ready... this is going to be the first interactive SOTU for me...

I expect many moments like this...

as the mass dating elected rise up in random areas?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I can't stand to watch his lips move anymore either, nothing but lies and deceit, I'll pass.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Thats why i am here, i think thats why most of us are here, how can people just not understand this... I just wounder what its actually like in other countries....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Vitchillo,

Thanks my friend, I really didn't want to have to watch this and now I don't

After just a quick glance over, here are some personal favorites of mine:

We are poised for progress. Two years after the worst recession most of us have ever known, the stock market has come roaring back. Corporate profits are up. The economy is growing again. But we have never measured progress by these yardsticks alone. We measure progress by the success of our people. By the jobs they can find and the quality of life those jobs offer. By the prospects of a small business owner who dreams of turning a good idea into a thriving enterprise. By the opportunities for a better life that we pass on to our children.

In Pakistan, al Qaeda’s leadership is under more pressure than at any point since 2001. Their leaders and operatives are being removed from the battlefield. Their safe-havens are shrinking. And we have sent a message from the Afghan border to the Arabian Peninsula to all parts of the globe: we will not relent, we will not waver, and we will defeat you.

Now, the final step – a critical step – in winning the future is to make sure we aren’t buried under a mountain of debt. We are living with a legacy of deficit-spending that began almost a decade ago. And in the wake of the financial crisis, some of that was necessary to keep credit flowing, save jobs, and put money in people’s pockets. But now that the worst of the recession is over, we have to confront the fact that our government spends more than it takes in. That is not sustainable. Every day, families sacrifice to live within their means. They deserve a government that does the same.

Look kids, the economy has been saved, the boogey man has been defeated, and now that the recession is over the country is soon to be debt free.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
On the walk from the door to the podium the President said "I don't have to deliver it, everyone's already seen it"...

I thought that was pretty funny...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's kind of weird, reading the script and at the same time hearing him say the exact words on the script. He is really sticking to the words on the page...like word for word.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It wasn't really "leaked", it was on time.com...

Let me take this one step further. We shouldn’t just give our people a government that’s more affordable. We should give them a government that’s more competent and efficient. We cannot win the future with a government of the past.

Just a call for larger government and more taxes FTL...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's kind of weird, reading the script and at the same time hearing him say the exact words on the script. He is really sticking to the words on the page...like word for word.

You expected him to improvise some?

All presidents are puppets... Though few have read from a prompter as well as Obama is right now.

If the SOTU is scripted, what about everything else?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Turn it to CSPAN2 and look at all the members of congress disagreeing with Obama and calling him out on the BS he is saying

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I saw someone go off script just the other day, check it out-

Check it out, Piven begins to explain what she wants people to do (riot and other things) then she just sits there for like 10 seconds of dead air. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

edit on 25-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well he looks good (presidential) so far...
Tucson...
Hey a little American exceptionalism (?)
Do my ears deceive?
Voters want bipartisanship...legislation goes forward with both parties or not at all?
jobs.
rules changed in the middle of the game;
global competition..
individual determinism;

Who is 'dis guy? and what has he done with the potus?
No more:" They can come along (in the back of the bus) while we cleanup the mess" ??
I guess "elections have consequences" doesn't trip quite so readily off the tongue tonight
tuition credits
Goodfor him( us?)
Sounds good so far...
back to the teebee..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sputnik...my rear!!! Same ol' same ol'....he has his eyes on the internet big time....our children will be re-educated...and I'm sure from what was said it will no longer be the Prussian system...but the Communist system of "teaching" children.

We must take care of our deficit...by the quote we know that American workers have been "sold" out to the Chinese and Koreans for their "support" and repayment of our deficit.

To help businesses sell more products abroad, we set a goal of doubling our exports by 2014 – because the more we export, the more jobs we create at home. Already, our exports are up. Recently, we signed agreements with India and China that will support more than 250,000 jobs in the United States. And last month, we finalized a trade agreement with South Korea that will support at least 70,000 American jobs. This agreement has unprecedented support from business and labor; Democrats and Republicans, and I ask this Congress to pass it as soon as possible.

Mr. Obama...it is time for you to wake up....you send the people of the United States a message not of rallying and rebuilding....but a message simply stating....YOU SOLD US OUT.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start learning how to speak Chinese...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Noticed people did not stand up for Obama being against rescission

oh jeez, we hate ourselves

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Janky Red

Maybe his prompter will die

Oh the horror... Though I would pay to see that.

I bet you there would be 10 um's for every word he spoke off prompter.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

ME too

Popcorn

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Haha good point.
I can't help but think of that movie Manchurian Candidate.
Oh god, I hope not...
But sometimes when it's right in front of your face you can miss it.
*robot voice* "Roboma 5000 Power On"

Can someone summarize what has been said so far? Is it the same 'ol thing?

edit on 25-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I kind of fear what he is talking about here:

In the coming months, my administration will develop a proposal to merge, consolidate, and reorganize the federal government in a way that best serves the goal of a more competitive America. I will submit that proposal to Congress for a vote – and we will push to get it passed.

Coming from the pioneer of Obamacare, I couldn't imagine this administration would provide anything "good" for them to "push through" once again.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
I kind of fear what he is talking about here:

In the coming months, my administration will develop a proposal to merge, consolidate, and reorganize the federal government in a way that best serves the goal of a more competitive America. I will submit that proposal to Congress for a vote – and we will push to get it passed.

Coming from the pioneer of Obamacare, I couldn't imagine this administration would provide anything "good" for them to "push through" once again.

I believe this is just a "cushion". When the American people truly realize what he has done....when the use of his "pretty" words wear off, like they always do....well, like I said in my earlier post....we've been sold out....no body's going to like that too much.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Lmao.. either she hit a mental road block.. or someone shouted in the background "STFU!"

For those wanting to see the video .. just skip to the last min of the vid.

Anyways. My fav part of the speech "So we gave your money to the banks, to the unions, and to other countries.. and we sent your jobs over seas while giving tax cuts to the wealthy and the poor ... it's difficult to understand, but your jobs are not coming back.. get the !@$ over it and make something new or shut up and sit down."

That might not be word for word, I paraphrased.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I watched most of the address, it seemed like a statement that the US has to realize we are screwed. We are to be absorbed by the international community and there is NOTHING we can do about it. That is what I got from it.

But hey, we are supposed to protect everyone right? Even though we are a piece of # country, it is our duty to protect his muslim countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join