It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full state of the union speech leaked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That will save us from watching Obama...something which I cannot do.... just like I couldn't stand Bush for more than a few seconds.

Full text of speech draft obtained by National Journal

Tonight I want to begin by congratulating the men and women of the 112th Congress, as well as your new Speaker, John Boehner. And as we mark this occasion, we are also mindful of the empty chair in this Chamber, and pray for the health of our colleague – and our friend – Gabby Giffords.

It’s no secret that those of us here tonight have had our differences over the last two years. The debates have been contentious; we have fought fiercely for our beliefs. And that’s a good thing. That’s what a robust democracy demands. That’s what helps set us apart as a nation.

But there’s a reason the tragedy in Tucson gave us pause. Amid all the noise and passions and rancor of our public debate, Tucson reminded us that no matter who we are or where we come from, each of us is a part of something greater – something more consequential than party or political preference.

We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed; that the dreams of a little girl in Tucson are not so different than those of our own children, and that they all deserve the chance to be fulfilled.

That, too, is what sets us apart as a nation.

Anyway, read the rest at the link. And cut through the BS... because there's lots of it.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Is disclosure in there?

edit on 25-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Who is Obama trying to kid? I'm not buying it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not surprised that it's the same BS in every other SOTU.

Blahblahblah create jobs blahblahblah change blahblahblah taxes blahblahblah

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is how it should be done, save time and money, and no need for a boring reading from teleprompters.

Just make the text speech public, and continue and/or carry on with the business of screwing the American people behind closed doors.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The worst thing is that he doesn't even write his own speech. He says what he's told to say. He's not in charge at all. He's only a puppet for the shadow government. If he was to clean up the mess, he would need protection from "above" in order to remove people that hold senior positions in his administration. But i guess that's wishful thinking!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Nope, not this time.

There are lots of interesting bits though. It reads like it has a cadence, typical of his speeches. There are some interesting bits, and there are some concerning bits, but I'd rather not delve into those without hearing the final draft.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Is disclosure in there?

edit on 25-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

Nope,
not a word

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's the same crap just a different president.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

it makes me wounder how people can believe these guys make any difference.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually the real speech was supposed to go like this:

"My fellow Americans, the world as you know it is about to change. In 1947 at Roswell, New Mexico, our Air Force recovered the remains of an alien spacecraft, and the bodies of the occupants of said craft. Ever since, we have been in contact with several extra-terrestrial species from a group known as the "Universal Galactic Alliance". These ET's have agreed to give us their highly advanced technologies, such as their "Insta-food processors" and "Free energy rubber band balls" which will allow us to move away from oil, and other unnecessary fossil fuels, and we will now have an endless supply of food so nobody will ever go hungry again. Also we are abolishing the IRS, you won't ever have to pay taxes again. All they want in return is for us to deliver to them all of the lawyers in the world so they can hurl them through the black hole at the center of the Milky Way.

Oh, and Bigfoot lives in a small hut on a small planet orbiting Betelgeuse with Elvis, and Jimmy Hoffa. Thanks, now I gotta go my favorite TV show is on..."Hoarders"...I just can't stop watching."

...or something like this...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

COME ON!

Bush was an idiot, but at least an idiot that could interact with the public.

Tell me folks, when was the LAST TIME he was not groomed and asked softball questions?

Oh, that would be the time that his own supporter chewed him a new one.

I am waiting for the other two speeches. I hope they are not completely canned as this one is.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I could barely get thru the written speech - okay I admit I scanned (thank goodness I took a Reading Dynamics Course) 99.9% BS. And I didn't get to see my regular show tonight - SOTU on 7 of my stations - give me break!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Exactly. Same guys, same speech, different president

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Someone needs to tell Obama nothing that comes out of his mouth is believeable

.....next president?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I wonder what it'd be like .. if politicians wrote their own speeches.. and said what they really, honestly felt..

So now we have the puppets pep talk .. shouldn't I be more inclined to sit crossed legged, starry eyed, staring at the man who wrote the speech instead of the fool they hired to get votes?

It's quite confusing..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Nope,
not a word

Shocker!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I wonder what it'd be like .. if politicians wrote their own speeches.. and said what they really, honestly felt..

So now we have the puppets pep talk .. shouldn't I be more inclined to sit crossed legged, starry eyed, staring at the man who wrote the speech instead of the fool they hired to get votes?

It's quite confusing..

It would go something like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

It's quite confusing..

thats an interesting way to put it -

I would love one of these $#@%$@% to go nuts and drop the script completely.

Maybe his prompter will die

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Presidents are really no more than spokes people to the public. Its what goes on behind the scenes that we need to know and they give us nothing, absolutely nothing!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join