Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hide Thyself For A Little While Until The Fury Has Passed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This passage in Isaiah, Isaiah 26:19-20, has always worried me a little, for it speaks of the dead rising "in those days", meaning the end-times, and tells us to hide in the innermost chambers until the indignation has past. In these strange times in which we live, I feel compelled to shine a light on this Old Testament passage. Your thoughts, theories, explanations, condemnation and insults are welcome.

>
Young's Literal Translation
1 In that day sung is this song in the land of Judah: 'We have a strong city, Salvation He doth make walls and bulwark.
2 Open ye the gates, that enter may a righteous nation, Preserving stedfastness.

3 An imagination supported Thou fortifiest peace -- peace! For in Thee it is confident.

4 Trust ye in Jehovah for ever, For in Jah Jehovah is a rock of ages,

5 For He bowed down the dwellers on high, A city set on high He maketh low, He maketh it low unto the earth, He causeth it to come unto the dust,

6 Tread it down doth a foot, Feet of the poor -- steps of the weak.

7 The path for the righteous is uprightness, O upright One, The path of the righteous Thou dost ponder.

8 Also, in the path of Thy judgments, O Jehovah, we have waited for Thee, To Thy name and to Thy remembrance Is the desire of the soul.

9 With my soul I desired Thee in the night, Also, with my spirit within me I seek Thee earnestly, For when Thy judgments are on the earth, The inhabitants of the world have learned righteousness.

10 The wicked findeth favour, He hath not learned righteousness, In a land of straightforwardness he dealeth perversely, And seeth not the excellency of Jehovah.

11 O Jehovah, high is Thy hand -- they see not, They see the zeal of the people, and are ashamed, Also, the fire -- Thine adversaries, consumeth them.

12 O Jehovah, Thou appointest peace to us, For, all our works also Thou hast wrought for us.

13 O Jehovah our God, lords have ruled us besides Thee, Only, by Thee we make mention of Thy name.

14 Dead -- they live not, Rephaim, they rise not, Therefore Thou hast inspected and dost destroy them, Yea, thou destroyest all their memory.

15 Thou hast added to the nation, O Jehovah, Thou hast added to the nation, Thou hast been honoured, Thou hast put far off all the ends of earth.

16 O Jehovah, in distress they missed Thee, They have poured out a whisper, Thy chastisement is on them.

17 When a pregnant woman cometh near to the birth, She is pained -- she crieth in her pangs, So we have been from Thy face, O Jehovah.

18 We have conceived, we have been pained. We have brought forth as it were wind, Salvation we do not work in the earth, Nor do the inhabitants of the world fall.

19 Thy dead live -- My dead body they rise. Awake and sing, ye dwellers in the dust, For the dew of herbs is thy dew, And the land of Rephaim thou causest to fall.

20 Come, My people, enter into thy inner chambers, And shut thy doors behind thee, Hide thyself shortly a moment till the indignation pass over.

21 For, lo, Jehovah is coming out of His place, To charge the iniquity of the inhabitant of the earth upon him, And revealed hath the earth her blood, Nor doth she cover any more her slain!'
bible.cc...
edit on 1/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: bold type and source
edit on 1/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: passage verse

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here's verse 19 with a few translations:

New International Version (©1984)
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But those who die in the LORD will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead!

English Standard Version (©2001)
Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Your dead will live; Their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Your dead will live. Their corpses will rise. Those who lie dead in the dust will wake up and shout for joy, because your dew is a refreshing dew, and the earth will revive the spirits of the dead.

King James Bible
Thy dead [men] shall live, [together with] my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew [is as] the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

American King James Version
Your dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, you that dwell in dust: for your dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

American Standard Version
Thy dead shall live; my dead bodies shall arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust; for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast forth the dead.

Bible in Basic English
Your dead will come back; their dead bodies will come to life again. Those in the dust, awaking from their sleep, will send out a song; for your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the shades.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Thy dead men shall live, my slain shall rise again: awake, and give praise, ye that dwell in the dust: for thy dew is the dew of the light: and the land of the giants thou shalt pull down into ruin.

Darby Bible Translation
Thy dead shall live, my dead bodies shall arise. Awake and sing in triumph, ye that dwell in dust; for thy dew is the dew of the morning, and the earth shall cast forth the dead.

English Revised Version
Thy dead shall live; my dead bodies shall arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast forth the dead.

Webster's Bible Translation
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

World English Bible
Your dead shall live. My dead bodies shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust; for your dew is like the dew of herbs, and the earth will cast forth the dead.

Young's Literal Translation
Thy dead live -- My dead body they rise. Awake and sing, ye dwellers in the dust, For the dew of herbs is thy dew, And the land of Rephaim thou causest to fall.

bible.cc...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
that is spooky especially with the thread about the dead rising in Brazil i wonder what's coming next

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So the dead rise up and shout for joy while the biblical god punishes the world for sins. Go hide for a while, because really, what could be more frightening than that?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
that is spooky especially with the thread about the dead rising in Brazil i wonder what's coming next

That's pretty much what led me to opening myself up to an onslaught of abuse and ridicule.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hmmm my mother in law (well common law anyway) is a seventh day adventist and as far as I know she literally believes that the dead will rise up, just like in a zombie film and walk the earth.

It's one of the stranger things in the bible certainly, well apart from all of the other even stranger stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Are we talking Zombies here?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Your thoughts, theories, explanations, condemnation and insults are welcome.

Well ... Seeing as your "thoughts, theories, explanations, condemnation and insults" are being 'Welcomed' ... could we possibly get Yours ... first?

... might as well spin the bottle for starters, no?

edit on 1/25/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: spin, not sin

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Are we talking Zombies here?

It may very well be the Global Zombie Apocalypse I've been waiting for. Sounds like it, doesn't it?
Of course I'm biased toward that type of thing, being a Romero fan and all. I even have a copy of the "Zombie Survival Guide". Unfortunately I don't own any firearms. Or a vehicle.

I'm screwed.
edit on 1/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: emoticon

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
so a hypothetical question here:

If you shoot an already dead zombie,
is that against the law ????

They're technically dead already.

I mean how does that relate to
man made law?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Not going to happen!......we are talking about words written in a book 2000 years ago and translated and re-translated nearly as many times!

Sorry, no Zombies, no end of times.........just fine drizzle, with light winds

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

man made law?

Yeah. They're dead. They're all messed up. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty quick.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow! That's kinda creepy. I wouldn't say that normally but with all these zombie movies and tv shows, there's zombies everywhere it seems. Then I read the whole Brazil thing and that creeped me out too!

Then I saw this -
""Zombie Virus" Possible via Rabies-Flu Hybrid?"

I don't EVER wanna meet a zombie!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

man made law?

yeah you gun nut.. you can shoot the zombies.

Hell, if they feed any more drugs and antipsychotics to us and in our food/water.. we might have a real zombie apocalypse.. and in that event, no.. you cant shoot them. Sorry Boon.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sounds like these will be pretty happy zombies anyways,,,
Says theyll rise up singin...
Where in all of that do you get a warning about them?
The part about go to yer private chambers till it blows over?
perhaps that is about the rest of SHTF scenario of apocalypse?
These zombies, would they get involved in the armageddon propecied?
maybe that would give us the excuse to put them down again , but its all a little too esoteric getting that much out of a few lines is it not?
Are there any other passages in there mention zombies?
I only recall the one dead man walking.....lazarus

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I am half way through the book of enoch and if there is one thing I have come to realise is that the one we call 'god' is one sadistic son of a bitch! I wonder how many devout religious members have actually read this book?

Line after line it talks about casting sinners in to a mountain of fire, line by line it talks about removing people who don't believe off this planet, line by line it talks about how hu-mans should obey gods word. If we are to take all this information and look at it from an impartial point of view it is clear that our precious 'god' is no better than any of our corrupted dictators of the world i.e Tow the line or suffer the consequences

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Apparently that verse deals with the period of the tribulation. Also, not sure if I believe this explanation myself but I did want to share the fact some interpret that verse to mean those who are taken in the rapture. In other words, they are taken and protected in Heaven while all Hell breaks loose on earth.

I do believe in the rapture but am not sure that verse relates to it. Still wanted to toss that out there. To me, if it means the rapture then God would be hiding them and not them hiding themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, it's not the first time.

Here is a city al ready :

Underground city Turkey

More pics
edit on 26-1-2011 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

rev6:8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

rev6:9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:------YOU ARE ETERNAL-----

rev6:15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

rev6:16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

REV20:12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

REV20:13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and all were judged according to their works.

REV20:14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
---2ND DEATH---

REV20:15And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Within Existance life and death exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Hmmm my mother in law (well common law anyway) is a seventh day adventist and as far as I know she literally believes that the dead will rise up, just like in a zombie film and walk the earth.

It's one of the stranger things in the bible certainly, well apart from all of the other even stranger stuff.

Wow. Along those lines, and I'm not sure where her belief came from (she's not here anymore to ask), but my mom would not be cremated because somewhere in her Eastern Rite Orthodox background, or maybe it was more from her more pagan side, there was a belief that we would need our bodies again even after we were dead.
As to the title line of the OP...taken alone? It seems to me a lot of people, more and more all the time, are doing just that now...hiding themselves...retreating...waiting...riding out the storm. And so many don't even know why. if you ask them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join