It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu, What the heck is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hey,

Thought id get a topic going about deja vu as i aint seen one for a while.

I aint had Deja vu for ages! and it got me thinking about what it actually is. The internet generally just says the same thing:

- 'the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation'

-'literally, 'already seen.

So does anyone have there own explanations, thoughts or ways to describe the feeling?

Do any people believe it is spiritual?

Glitch in the matrix?

any thoughts?

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by roguesoul

Its a series of reactions in your brain that cause you to witness an event with an erie sense that it has happend before, It happens to people all the time who have active well vitalised brains

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I can't recall the source offhand, but I remember being told that Deja vu is a thought, that inadvertently takes a detour through the memory storage area of the brain before it reaches it's final processing destination, appearing as a memory. Always seemed like a very plausible explanation to me.

edit on 1/25/2011 by UberL33t because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

To me i get an overwhelming feeling that I've already experienced what I am experiencing at the time. As if we are all echoes in time. Reverberating the initial splash in the pond back to the banks of the shore.

edit on 25-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

S&F!

..but I think I've been here before.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
you know im pretty sure, because i've experienced it before, thast deja vu...is....a movie with denzel washington.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks! ill check them out now!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
...deja vu, yeah, i've experienced it a few times...
...mostly i experience [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0840e5d1e41.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
whenever dejavu occurs to me,
i always say this in my mind "o my god ,i just dream about this thing before"
dejavu seems to be a future incident that is going to occur,
but it comes in my dream as a small snippet as a future premonition ,which i would never remember
after i have woken up.some time i feel i had a dream about i a few years in advance.
it's like my future is being written only a few years in advance

whenever i get a devaju feeling,it the most mundane ,insignificant thing to occur in front of my eye,
for example the only time i remembered a dejavu before it occurred.
i kept telling my mother of dream that happens again and again,
i was watching a tv show and i could see my mother in the other room sleeping.
then finally it occurred ,it was first episode of mcgyver i had seen in the 80's.and my mother was sleeping on the other room.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I was scanning through youtube late last night & came across a guy who lectures on statistical probability and how, he argued, coincidences [and no doubt deja vu occurrences] are a lot more probable than folk would like to imagine. His final words were, 'if you'd predicted it, it would be a different matter'.

As I went to bed I thought of a Happy New Year greeting I'd texted an old work colleague some weeks ago & had no reply. I'd had no reply the previous year either and was determined, on waking, to erase her details from my phone.

When I woke there was a text from her.

Predicted coincidence, serendipity or synchronicity.... happens with me all the time.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I may be wrong, but I believe deja vu happens when you see something or experience an event and it isnt immediately processed by your brain into your short term memory and instead goes straight to your long term memory, making you feel like you've been here before or that it has happened already.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wwefanatic

ive had multiple times where i experience deja vu and i can usually trace it back to a dream although i cant remember when it was i always know i dreamt it. i did have one experience where my friend said something really stupid and then i looked at a book case and lost it because it all looked so familiar. it was pretty intense.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you believe in reincarnation, maybe it's something you experienced in a past life and it seems familiar even though you don't remember the other life. I personally don't believe in reincarnation but it was just another theory to throw out there.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
that deja vu thing your talking about is a gift from god to see into the future, but its an unconcious thing (oyu cant control it). ive been recently doing it again, its kind of been a process for me. my whole family been having the same thing but they told me about it when i first told them it was happening to me and i realized what is was the first two times it happened. so like i said its a gift, and it proves the fact that you are some one who is concious and spiritual.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have had deja vu a couple of times. The most recent one I had was probably about 10 yrs ago (I know not so recent). It was at a job I had just begun working and I could have sworn that I had met all of those people before and had been to that place, but it was the first time I had actually met any of them and worked there. I wish it would happen more often, but lately nothing at all.

My husband says he always believed it meant that we were at the right place at the right time and that is why we get that feeling, but not sure how real or true that would ring.
edit on 25-1-2011 by searching4it because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I was reading another topic about Timeline Zero, I think it was. If you go with that spiral layout, counting to a singularity, it would stand to reason that two 'folds' in time could touch, essentially linking the future to our present. I believe time exists in each individual, and so it would be your personal timeline. Thus why people experience de ja vu, and why you usually have dreamt about it prior to experiencing it (your brain is most receptive in sleep).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There was a point in time a couple of years ago where I had one or two occurrences of Deja Vu everyday for over a month. It was very strange and unexpected, but very cool.
I would definitely say that I felt very connected at that time.
I should look up my dream journal entries from that time....

top topics

join