It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Partying in Davos as Bank CEOs Overcome `Angst' After Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Wall Street Partying in Davos as Bank CEOs Overcome `Angst' After Crisis

www.bloomberg.com

As Wall Street chief executive officers flock to the World Economic Forum, they’ll be breathing a sigh of relief...

...The bankers will be coming to Davos, Switzerland, with a renewed sense of confidence. JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s profits last year were the highest in the bank’s history...That means banks will be spending on parties. JPMorgan upgraded its cocktail reception...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Davos time again, where the world's billionaires and other assorted TPTB flunkies flock to the rarified alpine air to smirk at each other in a haze of self-congratulatory narcissism.

And most assuredly, life feels good indeed for those with the keys to the kingdom. Profits are back up, and the already-fat bonuses have risen and are now even fatter for fully 50% of all US and UK banksters this year.

Meanwhile, outside the gates of the estate, the peasants grow restless...do we sense the flickering of torches on the horizon? The third world groans under soaring food prices as civil unrest spreads. China teeters on the edge of what many feel will be its first hard slump in decades. In the developed world, a grim environment of joblessness, inflation, slashed services, increased taxes, and threadbare "austerity" is settling over the land like a pall.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see some of these vids this year as usual, of these people pontificate to us all, while they are never right, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Is this the Bilderberg Mid-Year or something?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Is sort of like the public forum for public big wgs, to talk in front of the public and press, and they do it every jan. You wcan watch the vids online on there website normally. Some are interesting, most are just rubbish.

I notice ron paul and nigel farage never get invited, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Love those pics

*Sigh* I mean they are disgusting.

Yeah, the news is that The Bilderbergs really do decide what happens,
but its not a conspiracy. Imagine that?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Wouldn't this place and these people be a fantastic target for terrorists? I mean, if a suicide bomber could get through airport security...?

I guess the bombers can't afford the travel costs to Switzerland.

Peace brother

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Were they able to book Earth, Wind and Fire for their extravagant bash? Or did Obama have them booked yet again for another one of his extravagant bashes at the White House?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Gruesome high-level networking event for the too big to fail crowd. Apparently all snickers & grins this year, flush with taxpayer funded bonus money. The best we can hope for is a dinner hour bun fight between Bono and Robert de Niro...but who knows, maybe Ozzy Osbourne will bust a cameo.

On a pitchfork scale of one to ten, I'll rate this year's gala a three. I mean, who's got gas money ?

new topics

top topics

join