It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Olmec and the Elephant "toy"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
On the matter of the Olmec Heads having 'negroid' appearance, etc.

After having done a little research I found some interesting info.

Possible origins of Olmec's and simularities in Olmec's in relation to Chinese, Polynesian and African.
www.grahamhancock.com...
www.grahamhancock.com...
www.grahamhancock.com...

This is one is on the Olmec Heads:
www.grahamhancock.com...

This is on TransPacific contacts by Dr. Mike Xu:
www.chinese.tcu.edu...
On this page you will find an extensive list of links to articles associating with this topic.

This is also an interesting article entitled "Mysterious Strangers"
www.grahamhancock.com...

This is a link to the "Art of MesoAmerica":
www2.milwaukee.k12.wi.us...
The reason I gave this site is to show, by looking at the sculptures, etc., that doesn't it seem strange that these sculptures have striking resemblance to Asian characteristics (eyes, etc.)? Also, 'Week4' covers Olmec Heads. The Olmec Heads seem to have a 'negroid' resemblance but could this not also have the semblance with Polynesian/Asian or even Melanesians?

The TONGAN Myth of "Vacca-Acca-Ooli" mentions they (Tongan) sailed East to 'a great land'. This is mentioned in Stephan Oppenheimers book 'Eden in the East'.

The Chinese say, in their ancient texts and writings, that they are descended from the "Hya" race and in this sense are related to the Ionians or Greeks. "Hya" is another name for the Phoenicians. Thus you could have a possiability that the Phoenicians, with Chinese physical features, came to the America's because the Phoenicians practiced 'miscegenation'.

Also on Olmec Heads, I found another 'specialty' site discussing this:
www.thehallofmaat.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just found this article/report:
"A Link Between Chinese and American Cultures? The Olmec and the Shang."

"The continent of Asia at the western edge of the Pacific Ocean and the Americas at the ocean's eastern edge lie 15,000 kilometers apart. Today, a US-resident Chinese scholar believes he has found evidence in ancient writing that 3000 years ago, a lost people of the Shang Dynasty went to Columbus's "New" World. . . ."

Link:
www.taiwaninfo.org...

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I too think the Olmec heads look more Asian than African. Nothing against Africans its just the heads remind me of the temples in Cambodia and Thailand they seem to be more like the Ankor wat stuff than anything from Africa!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join