It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at ALL these plane accidents today.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think it was day before yesterday - 2 nuclear accidents, those scare the tar outta me!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
Yeah this kinda made me think too, but after looking at the FAA report list, these accidents span a time period from 1/13 to 1/25. Somehow for some reason they all appeared today on the map.

Most if not all showed up today because I looked this over last night and nothing extraordinarily stood out. There might have been one or two but certainly nothing that would draw my attention to it like this!

And there are no plane incidents/accidents anywhere else on that map. They're all in America. And they're all Fairchild planes.

Someone posted how a councilwoman Donna Fairchild and her husband were shot dead today before having to attend a meeting this afternoon about possible sanctions over a travel expense vouchers ?
I mean, wow! It doesn't get more coincidental or stranger than that!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Wow, lots of planes there - I clicked a few and found them to be different types. I recall this happening on RSOE a few months ago, there was a thread on it but I can't recall reading about the outcome. Some of the icons are almost on top of each other.

Hi Crazy!

They look like they're on top of one another but I think these incident/accidents are taking place in congested areas. If you zoom in, they disperse a bit.
Take Florida for instance. There are two of them and I'd say Pompano and Lakeland are about 3 hours apart.

So I'm not sure this is a glitch as much as a cover-up.
And why US AirForce planes? Better question still, why is that public record? Somethin' ain't right.

I am still scratchin' my head over this one.
Any pilots out there who want to chime in? I'll even accept WeedWackers opinion on this

edit on 25-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I saw three a10 aircraft in northeast la, below 500 ft. 2 days ago. maybe these are altitude violations, due to the gps disruptive exercises, just a thought.incident dont mean accident.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Sigh...

Every couple of weeks (or months), it seems, someone goes to that same "disaster" website, and posts up this same sort of thread......if you "ATS Search" with the right keywords, will find them....

Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt

Important part of that airplane's designation nomenclature is the "A-10" part.....alphabetical, isn't it???

....that's Clue #1.

Clue #2....website is based where, exactly?? How do they "compile" their data? Do they have "place holders" in their datasets? Place holders like, maybe, an airplane type that alphabeticallly comes first in their database of airplane types???

Clue #3. Has anyone bothered to just, maybe, e-mail them and ASK? Or, research a bit more?
(See "ATS Search", mentioned above.......)
edit on 25 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Why do you have to show up and start a post with an insult??? Can't you JUST say 'hello'??????????/

I am glad you showed up and was hoping to get your take on this but it's gonna be an unpleasant exchange I can tell once AGAIN.

We are just ordinary people. Most don't know about planes. Some of us DID look up Fairchild. That's about the extent of it.
If you're an expert in aviation then, why don't you try to become someone we'd like to turn to rather than, run away from?
Thank you for stopping by. Too bad you haven't learned how to communicate yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
some new weapon?
or has the warranty run out?

Too funny. Had coke coming out of my nose on the warranty running out. LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
it would seem there is a programming glitch.
There is a variable missing from the transport
link. So when the user clicks on the link
the next page reads the variable as a nil
value and produces a blank page.
The blank page has a default setting
for the first airplane in the list by
alpha characters: A is first in the
alphabet and A-10 is the first plane
in the list so it is displayed.
If there is a gremlin in the system
then probably all the data is compromised
til some programmer fixes the glitch.
I would take this with a grain of salt
since we are not seeing massive amounts
of news stories on the news about
planes dropping out of the air.
Have a cup of coffee and relax

Computer error

edit on 1/25/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it would seem there is a programming glitch.
There is a variable missing from the transport
link. So when the user clicks on the link
the next page reads the variable as a nil
value and produces a blank page.
The blank page has a default setting
for the first airplane in the list by
alpha characters: A is first in the
alphabet and A-10 is the first plane
in the list so it is displayed.
If there is a gremlin in the system
then probably all the data is compromised
til some programmer fixes the glitch.
I would take this with a grain of salt
since we are not seeing massive amounts
of news stories on the news about
planes dropping out of the air.
Have a cup of coffee and relax

Computer error

edit on 1/25/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Hi Boon and thanks for stopping by, It's nice to read an explanation without the eye-rolling and insults.

Okay, I think I understand what you're saying but are the descriptions the glitch (Fairchild) or the icons placed on the map the glitch?
Or both?
And if both, how would the icons arbitrarily just place themselves on a map?

I am just trying to understand this.
And again, I appreciate you being the KIND voice of reason for this thread. You're far more enjoyable and polite than others.
Thanks Boon

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
WOW cool site! I HAD to bookmark! I was looking at all the accidents too! So far, the ones i looked at had no "affected persons". However if you look at the New York and Pennsylvania you will see a nuclear hazard symbol, if you click on it, you get this...

Nuclear Event

Event date: 25.01.2011 19:50:25
State: State of Pennsylvania
Weird? RSOE EDIS

Details

The Susquehanna 1 nuclear power plant was manually shut down this morning due to a steam leak, according to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The Susquehanna 2 power plant was not affected and continues to operate normally, the NRC said. The shutdown came at 6:10 a.m., after operators decided steam from the boiling water reactor could not be contained "without impacting other systems," the NRC said. All plant safety systems operated as expected during the shutdown, the NRC said. An NRC inspector was sent to the scene, and PPL Corp., which operates the power plant, is investigating the cause of the leak, the NRC said. No injuries or releases of radioactivity to the environment were reported.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boon,

What's the difference between an incident and an accident? And why would an incident (like a flat tire...... *being sarcastic*) even show up on a map like this?

And would the happenings and frolicking of the AirForce even show up on a public map? (I think you're saying that part (Farichild A) is a glitch for sure, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by Human_Alien

Hi Boon and thanks for stopping by, It's nice to read an explanation without the eye-rolling and insults.

Okay, I think I understand what you're saying but are the descriptions the glitch (Fairchild) or the icons placed on the map the glitch?
Or both?

And again, I appreciate you being the KIND voice of reason for this thread. You're far more enjoyable and polite than others.
Thanks Boon

The description of it being a Fairchild is the glitch. If you go back to the map now and click and get details, you'll see it's all different planes and helicopters. When they didn't have the information, system defaulted to the first plane on their list.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

It's still showing up (for me) as Fairchilds.

Okay, let's move pass that for a moment then please----, are YOU saying the 'name' was the glitch but the number (of incidents/accidents) is actual?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

well u know me, that's how I roll

always try to help folks if I can

Or both?

the glitch quite possibly could be both.
If a bad variable is being passed in a url
then it may affect ALL the pages, even the ones
producing the map. But I can't say for sure
without reading the source code. But it is an
estimated guess from my prior work with web
design coding.

Thanks Boon

you're quite welcome

best wishes

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Boon,

What's the difference between an incident and an accident? And why would an incident (like a flat tire...... *being sarcastic*) even show up on a map like this?

And would the happenings and frolicking of the AirForce even show up on a public map? (I think you're saying that part (Farichild A) is a glitch for sure, right?

don't know how true this is, it came from here:www.airliners.net...

The Federal Aviation Regulations describes the difference between an Incident and Accident as:

Accident: Means an occurence associated with the operation of an aircraft which takes place between the time any person boards the aircraft with the intention of flight and all such persons have disembarked, and in which any person suffers death or serious injury, or in which the aircraft receives substancial damage.

Incident: Means an occurance other than an accident with the operation of an aircraft, which affects or could affect the safety of operations.

If you really want to talk to Boon, I'll hush now.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Boon,

Found this on another thread:
it's a computer error.
the link ur clicking is missing
a variable. a blank default page is displayed
with the first airplane in the list by the
alphabet. A-10

sit back and have a cup of coffee and relax.
some programmer will have to fix this tomorrow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My Input:
FAA has an accident and incident reporting procedure and specific rules about what must be reported. Incidents are things like a bird in the engine, radio goes out, tire blows, etc. You can look at this data, procedures, classifications, etc. on the FAA or NTSB website

www.faa.gov...

Also, the RSOE website is out of Hungry. I looked at the About Us page:

"...website which has the objective to monitor and document all the events on the Earth which may cause disaster or emergency. Our service is using the speed and the data spectrum of the internet to gather information. We are monitoring and processing several foreign organisation's data to get quick and certified information."

"All events processed by RSOE EDIS are displayed near real time - for the sake of international compatibility"

So, my guess is that they put stuff up as they find out about it so that is why you see a sudden jump.

Keep in mind though that there isn't any information about HOW they verify reports, sources, etc. so personally, I'd take this site with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It's still showing up (for me) as Fairchilds.

Okay, let's move pass that for a moment then please----, are YOU saying the 'name' was the glitch but the number (of incidents/accidents) is actual?

That's odd-- I'm seeing a different plane for each occurrence. Couple of other people in the thread say the same thing. Can't say one way or the other as to the number, haven't seen any of these on the news. They give no information on how THEY classify incident vs accident.They do give FAA as the source.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh please...go on. I appreciate your views too. I just don't care for the bullying and insults that constantly get flung my way from the above poster.

Okay, the incident-accident differentiation sounds plausible.

But whether these were accidents and/or incidents (and I don't care if they were single engine jets or a 757) this is the MOST I've ever encountered on that site.

"'Why don't I call them' WW suggested!
It's bad enough when I call AT&T, I get a foreigner that I can't understand so volunteering to call Hungary doesn't sound too appealing. )

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Boon,

IMO,
the difference between incident and accident is human error.
Humans cause accidents. Nature or something else caused incidents.

We do not know the real facts surrounding those incidents
on the map. It may just be a commercial pilot saying his
coffee is cold to ATC (lol) but it has to be reported and logged,
therefore it shows up on the map.

There is another factor here too, that site is relying on
info in a FAA database so it is being cross platformed
(2-tier) and shared between 2 websites. The glitch could
either be the original site or the FAA database.
When you have complex infrastructure then the more
chances glitches occur. It could be FAA changed their database
without informing the 2nd site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join