It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Government equal Fail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Okay so is it just me or does it seem that Any Form of Government just end up getting to a point where it completely Corrupt?

It really does not matter it seems to be based on the type of Government Being used, Im my opinion as long as we have this type of system of leadership we will always see The People in control take advantage of their power.

But What other option is there to offer?
Can we just let people handle issues on their own?
Do we need to be Governed?
Are we Advanced enough as a species to live without Rules?

I dont claim to have an answer, But from all my research ive found it odd that all throughout Human History no matter what type of government was in charge it lead to Corruption bye those in power.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Bingo.

Say there was a machine that could print an unlimited amount of money (and of course, there is).

Which one of your friends would you trust to have that machine in his bedroom with him permanently, including when doors are closed and nobody else is around?

Think about that, and you will come a wee step closer to understanding the fundamental psychological problem of government.

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

When you give a group of people a monopoly on the use of force, then allow them to use that force to extract profits that they didn't have to work for - it will always lead to total tyranny.

The only way to ensure government doesn't turn into a tyrannical police state is to ensure that no one institution has a monopoly on the use of violence and that all funding for any institution of law/order must be provided by voluntary payments of the public.

join