It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation help.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
there are many sensations that you mau feel when beginning to meditate. my advice is to stay equanimous & to not play a 'game of sensations' as others have said. you are doing yourself great benefit, & if you keep it up it will only be exponential (from my experience).

nice avatar! she looks happy

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by Wildeagle

, I say a brief second because my reaction to that was "HOLY #ING #!! then nooooo important things are going to fall" out and I slammed it shut.

Oh that is one heck of a scary thought! eeks! lol!

It is near my bed time now, so I can just hope by the time I wake in the morning, that the sensation may pass. Not that I find it uncomfortable, just very prominent.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
was there a tickling like feeling, as if an ant where there?[it's known as the tickling of the ant]

i get this meditating and also when somebody tries to hypnotize or psychically/mentally influence me

oh and yes, third eye manifestation.
don't worry, as you awaken/become more aware these strange/funny sensations are like signals or cues.

a good sign all in all

so just keep at it with no worries.

what kind of meditation are you doing?
while there are some more esoteric/extreme forms of meditation that could be be dangerous/problematic i doubt you are using these as they are not common knowledge.

There was no tickle feeling,... first it felt like right in the center of my forehead got really hot, and then felt like a strange pressure in the same spot. The heat has gone now, but the pressure is still there. It almost feels like someone has a hand or fingertips touching my forehead.

I just focused on shushing my thoughts, and listened to frequency music, which I really enjoyed listening to.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Thanks survival! I try to be happy as much as I can

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've heard it called "wind horse" but I call it "wind energy" as it feels like wind in your head or wind blowing through a tunnel. When you experience it, you know it was something real, not imagination but an actual sensation that you physically feel inside your head. This is I think the biggest indication that meditation does have literal, physical results and not just imaginative or abstract implications.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
It almost feels like someone has a hand or fingertips touching my forehead.

This sensation has to do with your spirit (what feels like the finger or hand) pushing onto your mind. Try and focus not on what is being touched by the finger, but the finger itself, and always try and turn your mind towards your self. Your mind is constantly trying to be conscious of external objects; teach it to be conscious of itself.

Meditation is being conscious of the fact you are conscious, aware of awareness.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thats not uncommon (pressure on the forehead). I would guess that more people are beginning to feel such a thing as i have seen more people willing to question their own perspective.

I have noticed, if i come from a place of Love, there is no-thing to fear. Not necessarily as a directed emotion, but as a state, it can yield enormous "strength." Wouldnt be a bad thing to try, anyway

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

okay if i remember correctly maybe increased blood flow nothing to worry about you are just beginning.

still don't be surprised if the ant should come calling
also [since you are using frequency tapes] don't be surprised if you should suddenly see a brilliant flash of light.
again it's just 3rd eye actually opening for the 1st time.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I believe you have accidentally focused and meditated on your third eye. Is normal when you closed your eyes and but you are still looking straight. You should, instead, focus your inner eyes around your nose area. Looking down a bit. No, don't meditate on your third eye until you have opened and activated your lower Chakras. You can google Chakras and get an idea where they should be. They are along your spinal cord. Remember to use the yoga breathing technique. Don't listen to others who are encouraging you to meditate on your third eye without first have a healthy and strong lower Chakra system. They are either clueless about the effect Kundalini energy would have on one's psychological health when you don't have a strong foundation yet. Or they are clueless about how and when you can open the third eye. Your third eye won't open until your chakra system pathway has been clear and the Kundalini energy encounters no resistance or whatsoever to reach to your crown. If you force your third eye to open, your sense of "bliss" is only temporary. You will become addicted to it. The more likely you will experience a sense of failure in your meditation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I can't thank you enough for the replies all of you. I don't feel as scared now that I have more of an understanding what it is.
I was almost considering not meditating again (thinking I was doing damage). But after some kind guidance and advice here, I have decided to read more on Chakras, and will be focusing on these for my meditation sessions in future, as it seems I naturally go there anyway without realising.

Although, I am going to start from the root up, and hopefully not go to the third eye again without understanding the others first.

Today, I have registered myself to start Tai chi chuan, starting next week. Do you think this will have any benefits to my meditation?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Although, I am going to start from the root up, and hopefully not go to the third eye again without understanding the others first.

Today, I have registered myself to start Tai chi chuan, starting next week. Do you think this will have any benefits to my meditation?

Is the same or similar. In Tai Chi, you are using movements to accumulate and circulate the Chi internally. When you meditate on your Chakras, you are also accumulating and circulate the Chi internally using "still action" or mindfulness. In Tai Chi, there is what is called the still Qi Gong. If you have the chance, go talk to your instructor about your experience. When you practice Qi Gong, you should also experience this heat energy inside you.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i always have heard, "stop thinking, stop your thoughts, slow them down" and i have found that that is an incredibly hard task to achieve, i have only done it once, to actually have all my thoughts shut down, and literally thinking nothing, and that in itself was a spiritual experiance, very powerful.
during this same time i didnt even realize that i was meditating, untill more weird things happend to me and i started to investigate.
i would tell myself "im going to think" and i would lie down, or sit and close my eyes, and think about whatever was important to me at the time, my life, my future, my goals.
i think insted of saying "calm/slow/stop your thoughts", we should say FOCUS your thoughts
focus on something, most basically, your breathing, your third eye, or less traditionally, your future, an important problem or strong powerful thought, focus all your attention on it. if its a problem or thought or your future or something, try to immerse yourself in it sensually, try to visualize it, focus, explore that thought, explore the visualization then maybe look at it from a different perspective, or try to feel it from another sense, then focus.
some might say this isnt the way to meditate or something or another.
but this has worked for me everytime
now i can begin anywehre i want, wonderland, middle-earth. i begin by visualizing, focusing, and once i am fully sensually focus and immersed in the experiance i begin to work on what i am meditating for, out of body experiances, chakras, contact with various spiritual/shamanic beings, fixing personal problems, harnessing emotions, etc, etc

again, this may not work for everyone; it might not work for anyone. however it always works for me.
i have always been able to visualize things very well and have a vivid imagination, maybe thats apart of it.
just some suggestions that have worked for me
edit on 26-1-2011 by primoaurelius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Is the same or similar. In Tai Chi, you are using movements to accumulate and circulate the Chi internally. When you meditate on your Chakras, you are also accumulating and circulate the Chi internally using "still action" or mindfulness. In Tai Chi, there is what is called the still Qi Gong. If you have the chance, go talk to your instructor about your experience. When you practice Qi Gong, you should also experience this heat energy inside you.

This sounds like an ideal thing for me then, I wasn't so sure, but reading up some on Tai Chi, it seemed right.
Hopefully, I can get both my own personal meditation, and Tai Chi to work in harmony together.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
i always have heard, "stop thinking, stop your thoughts, slow them down" and i have found that that is an incredibly hard task to achieve, i have only done it once, to actually have all my thoughts shut down, and literally thinking nothing, and that in itself was a spiritual experiance, very powerful.
during this same time i didnt even realize that i was meditating, untill more weird things happend to me and i started to investigate.
i would tell myself "im going to think" and i would lie down, or sit and close my eyes, and think about whatever was important to me at the time, my life, my future, my goals.
i think insted of saying "calm/slow/stop your thoughts", we should say FOCUS your thoughts
focus on something, most basically, your breathing, your third eye, or less traditionally, your future, an important problem or strong powerful thought, focus all your attention on it. if its a problem or thought or your future or something, try to immerse yourself in it sensually, try to visualize it, focus, explore that thought, explore the visualization then maybe look at it from a different perspective, or try to feel it from another sense, then focus.
some might say this isnt the way to meditate or something or another.
but this has worked for me everytime
now i can begin anywehre i want, wonderland, middle-earth. i begin by visualizing, focusing, and once i am fully sensually focus and immersed in the experiance i begin to work on what i am meditating for, out of body experiances, chakras, contact with various spiritual/shamanic beings, fixing personal problems, harnessing emotions, etc, etc

again, this may not work for everyone; it might not work for anyone. however it always works for me.
i have always been able to visualize things very well and have a vivid imagination, maybe thats apart of it.
just some suggestions that have worked for me
edit on 26-1-2011 by primoaurelius because: (no reason given)

Hi primoaurelius!

Thanks for sharing your own experience with us!

I am more than happy to try any advice given to me, so will take your words, and see how I can work with them too.

How long did it take you to find your own personal comfort zone?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wild Eagle,

Breathing is a key part of any meditation. The slower and deeper you breathe, the more oxygen gets to your brain, you slow your heart rate and help your body and mind relax. Many believe that oxygen is the source of life, and that the older we get the more we 'forget' to breathe from our diaphragm, thus making us unhealthy.

Once you get used to some deep breathing, the easier you'll be able to adapt to a meditative state.

There are dozens of tips, ranging from staring at a flickering flame and forgetting all your thoughts, or listening to light music, or complete silence, or rain drops or running water. Some people use binaural frequencies, some people use ticking clocks, or gongs and bells or incense or anything that can take your focus away from distraction, a point to focus on...... and breathe...

The trick to avoid distracting thoughts, is to picture every thought in your head as a form of cloud, slowly drifting unobtrusively past... Just let it be, don't try and consciously forget it... it will float away.

Once you reach a certain state, of comfort and thoughtless peace, they are the times to either ask yourself simple questions or ponder over the mysteries of life or just enjoy the stillness and comfort.

www.myhealthcollection.com...

www.suite101.com...

^^ Breathing techniques

www.rainymood.com...

The sound of Rain

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Wild Eagle,

Breathing is a key part of any meditation. The slower and deeper you breathe, the more oxygen gets to your brain, you slow your heart rate and help your body and mind relax. Many believe that oxygen is the source of life, and that the older we get the more we 'forget' to breathe from our diaphragm, thus making us unhealthy.

Once you get used to some deep breathing, the easier you'll be able to adapt to a meditative state.

There are dozens of tips, ranging from staring at a flickering flame and forgetting all your thoughts, or listening to light music, or complete silence, or rain drops or running water. Some people use binaural frequencies, some people use ticking clocks, or gongs and bells or incense or anything that can take your focus away from distraction, a point to focus on...... and breathe...

The trick to avoid distracting thoughts, is to picture every thought in your head as a form of cloud, slowly drifting unobtrusively past... Just let it be, don't try and consciously forget it... it will float away.

Once you reach a certain state, of comfort and thoughtless peace, they are the times to either ask yourself simple questions or ponder over the mysteries of life or just enjoy the stillness and comfort.

www.myhealthcollection.com...

www.suite101.com...

^^ Breathing techniques

www.rainymood.com...

The sound of Rain

Peace

Is it necessary to breath especially deep? I am a whole lot more comfortable breathing at the rate as what I am used to.
I tried working on my breathing today, and it somewhat distracted me from going deeper into my meditation I feel.
But, If it is essential, of course I will work on it. Just curious as to why we can't breath at the rate that is comfortable usually.

I don't tend to have a problem with diminishing distractions, I am usually away with the faeries anyway! *giggles*

What I do find mostly distracting is trying to breath deeply,focusing on the in and out of it. Where as If I breath normally and quieten my inner chatter, I feel much more relaxed.

If it is a *must* to change breathing habits, can you give tips on how to do this, because when changing them, I feel exhausted and uncomfortable.

Thankyou so much for your help and advice thus far!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Is it necessary to breath especially deep? I am a whole lot more comfortable breathing at the rate as what I am used to.
I tried working on my breathing today, and it somewhat distracted me from going deeper into my meditation I feel.
But, If it is essential, of course I will work on it. Just curious as to why we can't breath at the rate that is comfortable usually.

Don't rush and don't make yourself uncomfortable, just improve it over time

I don't tend to have a problem with diminishing distractions, I am usually away with the faeries anyway! *giggles*

What I do find mostly distracting is trying to breath deeply,focusing on the in and out of it. Where as If I breath normally and quieten my inner chatter, I feel much more relaxed.

Maybe you're already breathing deeply then? But as i say, it's up to you to find your comfort zone, but here's some breathing exercises which you can choose to read at your leisure.

www.freemeditations.com...

If it is a *must* to change breathing habits, can you give tips on how to do this, because when changing them, I feel exhausted and uncomfortable.

Sometimes changing a habit is the hardest thing to do. But again, don't force yourself. Do some reading first and see what works.

The ancient Hindu's and Buddhists spoke of a technique called Pranayama, which you might find interesting?

Thankyou so much for your help and advice thus far!

No problem.

Oops - forgot to add links:

www.healthandyoga.com...
www.healthandyoga.com...

edit on 26-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The breathing can come naturally as well.

Meditation, to this one, is the exploration of being, and also the very act itself. There are many explorable facets to this, all equally valid and as deep as the ocean. Some can find it through breathing, as it is a constant and "controllable" but it is far from the only way. It is a personal journey, so explore where you are led, from a "grounded" and "aware" base. Conceptually, i could say the individual observed facets will eventually become part of the same continuous experience, which might be considered the goal. For this one, the important note i make to myself is that even in the singled-out, observed facets (such as breathing), have a seemingly infinite depth to them. In such a case, it was important for this one to not necessarily be carried away by a singular stream, but be the source of all the streams that "originate" in my perspective. I would say it is also important to note that such things are experiential and exist beyond the comprehension of our brains functions (and yet drive and are the functions themselves, fun!) Many systems call it something specifically, but none are relevant. From what this one has seen, it is not an "end goal" but simply where other "things" begin. i do not see it as a "higher" state, but more of a baseline. One is simply becoming aware of what is already there, has been there, and will be there regardless of individual perspective on the matter (a lack of continuity of sorts). It creates a balance of sorts. I could see it that before this point, movement may be completely illusory. But that would be going into a whole 'nother topic (which is largely irrelevant anyway!)
i am "lucky" enough to be able to type quite fast, so sometimes i have to remember that!

Either way, as "they" say

"Dont believe others beliefs,
Dont believe your beliefs,
Do not believe belief itself"

Seemingly because, "it" or, what is being sought, is beyond our limitations based only in our perspective. And especially beyond what one can relate from ones own perspective to another perspective. Conceptually, similar to trying to shout across miles of lake, when "it" is connected under the water.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Lots of good advice has been given. I wondered if you had changed your diet or were actually slightly dehydrated. Just a though.

Best wishes

T

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join