It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all the "2012" non-believers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Instead you should think more openly...

It isn't about keeping a mind, it's about objective evidence...which is completely non-existent when it comes to that TW hogwash.

What about unicorns, or giant gods with elephant heads? Wanna keep an "open mind" too when it comes to that stuff?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I can't believe you wrote that.
Personal experience and one's personal opinion is LESS important than what science claims its true or false about something?

Einstein: " Immagination is more important than knowledge..."

You relie WAY too much on science...

Science as we know will be left behind some day when the unthinkable will happen...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Personal experience and one's personal opinion is LESS important than what science claims its true or false about something?

Of course it is. There's also people seriously claiming Noah's global flood happened...and we know for a FACT that's not true. Why? Because science demonstrably debunks it...just like the TW hogwash

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Zagari

You exclude from your posts every single opinion that could be your PERSONAL opinion...

That's because Stereo and I seem care about OBJECTIVE evidence rather than subjective evidence. In science, subjective evidence is worthless!

So you think your personal opinion and whatever in this world is Stereo's opinion is completely worthless if not supported by some freaking science book?

Good self-esteem
haha

You guys should live in a world inhabited only by mathematics...You sure would have so much fun...

Intuition is important too...

No science book will ever have the final and definitive answer to the questions of the world....
edit on 7-6-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

So you think your personal opinion and whatever in this world is Stereo's opinion is completely worthless if not supported by some freaking science book?

Of course it would be worthless to this discussion. If we didn't care about facts, we'd all just be like the crazy guys standing on Times Square or Speaker's Corner holding up signs claiming the "end is near"

Doesn't have anything to do with self-esteem either...it's just that we actually care about facts rather than making up complete nonsense

No science book will ever have the final and definitive answer to the questions of the world....

Of course it won't. The difference is, science actually admits to not having all the answers...instead of making up complete nonsense to fill a gap in knowledge

edit on 7-6-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Look, I'm leaving the discussion because my hands are aching...
But I got some little fun from this discussion...

Just fun...

Let's have another conversation next year...

According to the timewave something extremely interesting will happen in the middle of April 2012...

And for what is worth...My life style is not drugs...I don't do drugs...I only suggest that what people see while taking drugs may be something tangible and real in SOME way we cannot explain as of NOW YET.

I abandoned religions 2 years ago because I figured out nobody of us could understand God and religion is way too far from understanding God...

I don't feel myself duped...I feel like I have a open mind...And proud of it...

Okay, I'm falling asleep now...Here is almost 2 am...

Let's sleep on it..

NICE TRY hahaha

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

He told everyone "My technique is don’t believe anything. If you believe in something, you are automatically precluded from believing its opposite."
- Terence McKenna

That's a ridiculous claim. If you think that is a good quote from him it simply shows how silly he was.

This is only one example of his wisdom...If you believe something you cannot change your opinion...
So he suggested not to believe in anything...

I hardly call that wisdom. The smart is to decide on issues, but always keep an eye out for ways in which you might be wrong. In other words, be ready to correct mistakes and assume that mistakes may have been made.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

My calendar runs out every December. I get a new one in January.
Y2K was not a mythos type scare. It was a very real computer problem that without a few years of reprograming could have been a big issue for business and commerce. There were myths associated with the y2k but the real issue was the date thing. 12/31/99 was the common way for a computer to display a date. Now it always has mm/dd/yyyy. The question was what would happen when the digits went back to zero thus showing that it was now the year 1900 and not 2000. They anticipated a big problem but it got fixed.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Clearly this is you job and you have an agenda for debunking everything, every sentence that mentions 2012 in it...

So instead of making even a feeble attempt to justify any of your statements you go on a personal attack. All that says is that your claims were indefensible.

AND STILL...You exclude from your posts every single opinion that could be your PERSONAL opinion...

Really? Why do you believe this?

You write like a book, even like a robot, where is your personality, your opinion is not existing in this website...

So does mean I don't write obviously speculative posts that are trivially shown to be false?

You explained to THOUSANDS of people how 2012 is a complete hoax, so WHY, oh why can't you move on to post in some other section of this website?

You think thousands? I have no idea. It's not a complex hoax it is just a lot of simple hoaxes in one place.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

In 1945, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin[27] introduced the term Omega Point.[28][25]
14 February 1946: the day of the unveiling of the first electronic general-purpose computer (ENIAC), regarded as the birth of the Information Age.[29][30]
In 2005, information was doubling every 36 months. IBM data—see page 41
In June 2008, information was doubling every 11 months. IBM data—see page 41
On 4 August 2010, Google CEO Eric Schmidt said: "Every two days now we create as much information as we did from the dawn of civilization up until 2003." Source
In the end of 2010, information was doubling every 11 hours. IBM data—see page 2

No acceleration in the technological evolution, eh? Tell it to someone else...

What a joke

There is a difference between the amount of information and acceleration in technological evolution.

Being able to print more bills, and process more credit cards is an increase in information with no increase in technology. How are these information increases measured? Are they increases in billing information or increases in basic research. It's actually more facebook pages and tweets and email and such.

Please learn what you are measuring.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

And from what I can see you don't understand his concept of fractal time...
Time is a spiral always with the same patterns and we are near to the center point of the spiral..

That's still not fractal time.

Your mind cannot get these concepts...Because you stop and think " this is a hoax "...

I am so sorry you are unwilling to learn new concepts and seem to enjoy McKenna's tactic of being unwilling to learn.

One person that wants to understand a concept must first get rid of all pre-concepts and focus on the new concept...Otherwise you stop and think its bunk...

Nothing but a false statement. None of what you list is necessary. What you have done is failed to show even a smidgen of evidence for any of your claims.

You guys are too rigid in your beliefs and claims...

I think what might be so irksome is that we have taken the time to learn and quickly see through the nonsense of TWZ.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

----------------------------

You do realize that the mayan calendar also has a ring that is
a solar calendar, just like the gregorian calendar?

---------------------------

Taking solar years out of the picture, explain how a calendar
which utilizes time periods longer than a calendar year
could mean nothing?

So, they made the calendar for nothing, is what your hypothesis is.

------------------------------

Not only do OTHER civilizations also name the same dec 21,12 date,
but he mayans themselves say its the
"Changing of the world as we know it."

Traditionally this change has had full on catastrophes.
The mayans taught that the world had been destroyed
just like this (4?) times prior.

This is also the changing of the age.

-----------------------------

The last few age changes have always been accmpanied by
mass changes of reliigion and beliefs.

I think of it being a need to update how things are told.
Right now, the story of the bible seems nothing more than
stories to many people, because it was written so long ago.

I hope there will be an update to Christianity, and an
updated creation story. This and the dinosaurs lead
people away from God. 7 days and dinosaurs don't make
Mix.

But, provide an updated religion, and some miracles might
be obvious uses of technology instead of magic.

As for the calendar, you believe what you want.
I am only conveying what they themselves believed.

------------------------------

And karen, you don't have to describe the Y2k thing to us
as if we hadn't heard of it before.

We understand 2 digit versus 4 digit year crisis.

You need to realize, that was a modern day, man made
apocalypse. It was made to instill fear of a collapse of
our whole society, because of computers.

People were building bunkers and stockpiling food,
all because of a fabricated scare.

--------------------------------

Also, the y2k scare made a lot of jobs, programmers
saving this company's and this bank's databases.

Surely TPTB knew of the risk of the 2 digit year,
it is my guess that it was known and dismissed.
It did turn out to be a nice little scare, because
the dangers only publicized 3 or 4 years ahead.

---------------------------

When comparing 212 and y2k, please keep one
fact in mind.

The mayans predicted the fall of their society.
So, they have no reason to prejudice the future.
Meaning, they had no reason to lie.

Now, y2k was developed to scare a mass of people.
There can't be ANY prejudice there ........never......

-----------------------

....wait.... y2k is an illuminati plot to discredit 2012?.... never......
edit on 7-6-2011 by ThreeDeuce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

You relie WAY too much on science...

Science as we know will be left behind some day when the unthinkable will happen..

That's a fanciful wish often stated by people that want to avoid the difficulties of actually learning something.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Intuition is important too...

Part of math and science is knowing what is knownable. A world of math as you describe must have undecidable issues if it exceeds a certain complexity.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Be sure to drop on in and apologize profusely for wasting everyone's time and admitting that the 152 pages of shoehorning were completely wrong. I'll be waiting patiently.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

The year 2000 had 2 other fun thingies tickling people's fancies.
1. The Millenium event possibly a Second Coming
2. The planetary alignment

The Y2K bug was no biggy. The US government and other governments were paying checks to people over 100 years old so we knew that birthdays before 1900 were being properly stored. The big part of Y2K was all of the scammers, I mean programmers, that billed themselves as Y2K experts.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm glad you asked. probably because neither date has any significance. I think a lot of the hype on 2012 is just a lot of doomsday types who were disappointed in Y2K went looking for the next big date. On December 22nd 2012, the same thing will happen.

I could also ask a believer why they weren't talking about 2012 in the 90's

I really hope nobody sells their house over this

wait, I just thought of a business plan.....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Not only do OTHER civilizations also name the same dec 21,12 date,

What other civilizations? The long count calendar is the sole source for this date.

Traditionally this change has had full on catastrophes.
The mayans taught that the world had been destroyed
just like this (4?) times prior.

There are no prophecies or predictions associated with the end of the long count calendar. Why not ask a real Mayan scholar for info on this. Here is his blog where he shows how the frauds like Calleman And Lungold have misrepresented the Mayans.
haecceities.wordpress.com...

Right now, the story of the bible seems nothing more than
stories to many people, because it was written so long ago.

That's because they turn out to be just stories from Exodus to Noah's Flood.

The long count calendar wraps. There are no predictions or prophecies associated with the long count calendar. There are modern hoaxes attached to the calendar from people like Calleman, Lungold, Arguelles and others. They are modern tall tales - all of them.

The mayans predicted the fall of their society.

This too is a modern myth.
edit on 7-6-2011 by stereologist because: The referenced post was edited

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

There was the attempt at claiming 2001 was the real 2000 date.

In 2003 there was the hoax that Mars was so close it would destroy the Earth.
In 2007 was another hoax with the Rapture
In 2011 there was another rapture hoax

edit on 7-6-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join