It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens NATO with nukes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Out of curiosity, care to prove that, so that I may read up?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by backinblack

Out of curiosity, care to prove that, so that I may read up?

There's heaps of articles refuting that quote.

"Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian." Instead, "he did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."[13] The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translated the phrase similarly, as "this regime" must be "eliminated from the pages of history."

en.wikipedia.org...

Just search "ahmadinejad mistranslation or misquoted"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Smoke, just smoke as every nation who has threatened to let one fly thus far has not in fact let one fly so to this is nill.

Russia in this case however does have a legal soveriegn right to protect itself anyway it see fit but even it will threaten but never follow through.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Article Five of the treaty states that if an armed attack occurs against one of the member states, it should be considered an attack against all members, and other members shall assist the attacked member, with armed forces if necessary.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First off the headline is skewed.
Figures, PressTV

Second: Is this really new news? Russia already has more active Nukes than the US and China combined. Wheres the new threat here?

Originally posted by ruffagii
I agree on this one, what gives them right to deploy anti-missile defense system that are pointed to Russian border? I think russians are simply being defensive on this one, just like the case with Georgia

Who says people Don't have a right to deploy any and all defensive measures on their land and or territory?

As far as Georgia that's their baggage.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

I dont think so. All nuclear weapons represent is the "ive got a bigger gun" scare tactic. That is unless Terrorists get ahold of such devices. The real scary thing is that Russia cannot account for some of their stockpile decommissioned after the cold war.
The real threat: dirty bombs, which pose minimal real damage but a ton of psychological damage!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join