It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible harmonic tremors at Yellowstone 01/25/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Saw this just now on GLP, and yes I know most of the stuff posted there is crap, but there are some links in the thread that look pretty legit to me:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Would appreciate it if the resident yellowstone experts on this forum can explain, debunk, elaborate, etc....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
today
Looks disturbance to me, need to do more research on this

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Looks like Yellowstone's cycle doesn't have much longer...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know a HT when I see it, and geez.... I hate to say this, but I checked a bunch of stations, and MANY of them report this same HT type signal... Could it be wind? I did check the Lake Yellowstone recorder, and it isn't showing anything, but its micro voltage is lower I think.

This slightly worries me. Hope its just wind...

Mammoth Hot Springs has an odd recording.. It may be messed up or is ground zero of the event..lol..
www.quake.utah.edu...
edit on 1/25/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No one has posted anything on the Yellowstone thread or earthquake thread - getting concerned.

If these are harmonic tremors then I want to know because that is not good!
edit on 25-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: changed paragraph

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the this thread, going to keep checking up on this.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yellowstone is starting to be reported in the UK aswell too now.

They said that the super-volcano underneath the Wyoming park has been rising at a record rate since 2004 - its floor has gone up three inches per year for the last three years alone, the fastest rate since records began in 1923.

dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Something to keep an eye on for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The "harmonic tremors" are only seen on 4 of the 21 seismographs (YSB, YJC, YMP, and YPK) and all 4 of these are located at a higher altitude. The rest are showing nothing. I'd say it's just wind in the mountains.

However, the one other seismograph located at a higher altitude, YMV, is showing an interesting event (which is obviously also not seismic in nature...it's just interesting): quake.utah.edu...
edit on 25-1-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thats a bear fart sorry

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
those are not harmonic tremors at all..

just so you know

link   
reply to post by ruffagii

That definitely won't help with the greenhouse effect

link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
No one has posted anything on the Yellowstone thread or earthquake thread - getting concerned.

If these are harmonic tremors then I want to know because that is not good!
edit on 25-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: changed paragraph

This is also why I started a separate thread on the subject, because if there are in fact harmonic tremblers occuring at yellowstone right now it should be taken very seriously.

Also since I'm not an expert on these subjects, harmonic tremblers (as opposed to small EQ swarms) are typically indicators of an imminent volcanic eruption - at least from my limited understanding of the situation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath
Saw this just now on GLP, and yes I know most of the stuff posted there is crap, but there are some links in the thread that look pretty legit to me:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Would appreciate it if the resident yellowstone experts on this forum can explain, debunk, elaborate, etc....

nice find op..sure the source is to be discussed....though its a very funny forum

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would have thought that in this kind of event...that you would be on some kind of evacuation alert. would the government or scientists...stay mum..and hope it just goes away.?. Or would they let you know...i can sense another thread reguarding this..would anyone care to do the honours.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Okay, I'm a long time poster on the Yellowstone thread and I was completely prepared to come on here and gently tell the OP to stop jumping to conclusions, nothing to see here, move along......

But I have not seen the seismos looking like that there before. It IS odd. I am not saying it's HT, but it is unusuall. Not the normal suface noise or interference that you normally see.

Here is a great grouping of all the thumbnails:

thumbnails

The more I look at them.....well, its odd. I am off to the yellowstone thread to hit up the resident experts on this, and to open up GEE. I'll see if I can catch anything live. Hopefully this can quickly be debunked as something going on with the equipment....although I notice that most of those seismos that I think are usually at 125 microvolts have been turned WAAAAAAAy up to 1300 and 1600. Not sure what that means.

Edit to add: I just want to emphasize that I don't think it HT....just something to look into. Usually, when we see something odd it turns out to be weather or signal interference.
edit on 25-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, the Yellowstone Live webcam seems pretty normal.. It IS active, but nothing out of the ordinary..
It may just be wind.. There is a really strong high pressure system over YS, and this can cause some strong winds..

Webcam:
www.nps.gov...
edit on 1/25/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To save anyone looking on Wikipedia...this is under Harmonic tremors

Harmonic tremor describes a long-duration release of seismic energy, with distinct spectral (harmonic) lines that often precedes or accompanies volcanic eruptions. More generally, volcanic tremor, is a sustained signal that may or may not possess these harmonic spectral features.

Harmonic tremor is a sustained release of seismic and/or infrasonic energy typically associated with the underground movement or venting of magma and/or volcanic gases. Being a long-duration continuous signal from a temporally extended source, volcanic tremor contrasts distinctly with transient sources of seismic radiation, such as are typically associated with earthquake and explosion.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I would say you were spot on.

The other event is serious telemetry interference.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It would be unusual for an E channel to be as low as 125 mV. As far as I recall you normally see that sort of level on the S channels.

I honestly don't think this is anything but since it seems to be rattling a few people I will go and drag down the waveform and have a listen to it. If it were to be HT I can assure that it would be IMMEDIATELY apparent listening to this waveform.

I'll be back

edit on 25/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Sorry IRIS is:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/678a1899d125.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 25/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join