It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell "Meat" Only 35% Beef...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Taco Bell "Meat" Only 35% Beef...

news.yahoo.com

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
eatocracy.cnn.com
www.nydailynews.com

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow... And I LOVE(D) the place. We just had some take-out from there earlier this week.

I would gladly pay an additional 25 cents or even 50 cents per taco IF ONLY THEY'D USE ***REAL*** BEEF.

This is startling news... 35% beef? Really? What is also surprising is that they have been getting away with this for some time, entirely duping the population into thinking they were eating "beef."

Really, I bet most people wouldn't mind paying a little more for actual FOOD, actual BEEF, not "binders" and "extenders" and filth. This is why the organic movement is on the rise.

Forget about theories about secret government spraying, fluoride poisoning and HAARP radiation bouncing off the ionosphere. It seems that the BIG CORPORATIONS are feeding us (human cattle) filthy, probably toxic, slop under the guise of "real" beef.

Prepare to take your sunglasses (ala "THEY LIVE") off and begin to see the world for what it really is... And for that, I do thank the chain, for opening our eyes to what's really going on (and going WRONG) in the country, the world.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I knew there was something shady going on with Taco Bell's "food". I've got food poisoning from there 4 times before.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Good news for vegetarians, soon enough they eat at taco bell.

Seriously though, YUCK!!!!

Glad I do not eat fast food.

Ama

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This was already posted

As a side note, SHOP LOCALLY. Go to the ma an pa joints in your neighborhood and get better food.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sorry if this was already posted. I did a search and didn't have anything turn up, and thought better get the word out to those who might not check MSM outlets like CNN and Yahoo News.

---At least the links I provided are different.
edit on 25-1-2011 by GhostLancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You figured the price of these kinda places would be a dead giveaway they don' use real beef lol . What did you think were gonna get real beef with your 69 cent taco?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
With all due respect, I hardly think this is startling. It's not surprising at all that a fast food join would cut corners in order to save a penny.

I don't think they will win this lawsuit. I think that tacobell will use the argument that there is beef in their product and that is the beef they refer to in commercials. Plus, they are the ones with loads of money.

Look, if you were not aware that fast food companies cut corners, use the cheapest food and food like products they can get and is not healthy, well.......It's just not startling.

Am I going to stop eating Taco Bell? Not at all. It's good tasting food. I know that it is unhealthy, anyone with common sense will tell you that it is bound to have fillers and wont be made with quality ingredients...

I know the risks, and I don't eat out that much.... So, if I am in the mood for a taco, I am going to run up to Taco Bell. If you don't want fillers and binders and unhealthy food, don't eat out at a fast food restaurant.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree. I dropped Taco Hell from my list of choices back in the 80's when they had that rash of food poisonings. I have never been back If I want a good burrito, I go to chipotle.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Forget taco bell I want to know what in those Jack In The Box Tacos

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Personally, what startled me was the LOW amount. Sure you expect them to cut corners. That's part of "fast food." But I would have imagined 80% beef with 20% fillers. Not 35%!! That was the startling part, that the majority of that "beef" was not beef at all, but filth and fillers. I had heard rumors that they allowed for 2% rodent "and other" meat to account for accidents and contamination in large production facilities. And THAT sounded like a lot to me at the time: 2% rodent/bug/contamination is okay? But, I accepted it, didn't think of it and kept eating.

To learn that there is such a low percentage of meat in their "beef" tacos was the startling news to me. Frankly, it is shocking to me that they have such low standards. I already stated that I'd gladly pay more per taco just to have real beef, even 100% beef. I mean, I had higher expectations for a company operating under the FDA in America. I guess my notions of "corporate altruism" were a bit naive. Me, if I owned a company, I'd make it as healthy and as organic as I possibly could, and just charge more. I think people would respond to that. And, already in higher end malls there are healthy "fast food" restaurants in some saavy food courts. But, you don't see them outside in the general public areas --in most cities. I imagine in/around Hollywood they'd be popular.

So, to sum up: I expected them to cut corners, but I didn't expect them to cut so deeply as to render the product not classifiable as beef. 35% was the shocker. I expected 75% or 80%...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

i once found a iron nail in my fries there.
if it is not beef than what the hell are they adding

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You didn't know that? LMAO.

Bet you also didn't know the company who sells McDonalds their meat is called "Grade A", but the meat isn't.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a lot of u younger folks probably
don't remember this commercial
for Wendy's in 1984. I fell in love
with this lil old lady and crack up
lol every time I see this ad. And it
fits perfectly with this thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Does it really matter if it's 35% beef or 60% beef? Isn't it disgusting either way?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I've been told by friends who worked at Taco Bell in the early 90s that the meat showed up freeze dried and they had to add water and cook it. I've never been able to verify that but this definitely doesn't detract from it being a reality.

That said I will still eat at Taco Bell because if you think the real beef you get would be any better I'm afraid you're mistaken. !0 to 1 bet the fillers and extenders they use are healthier than the hormone pumped chemically treated and tortured nasty house beef you would be getting. Frankly if they could get the taste with no beef at all I would eat there even more.

Now they just need to change the language "100% Processed Beef Food Taco" mmmm sign me up!

Final note: Unless you're eating organic and really watching where you buy your food or checking the "Ma and Pa" restaurants your probably eating GMO, Hormone enhanced Chemically treated garbage anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
yeah, this is nasty... i had gone there on many occasions until 2 times in a row i went with friends, thankfully i didn't get what they did, although i can't remember what they got, i got grilled steak soft tacos, and both times a couple of my friends came down with food poisoning..

since then i visit blue coast and get a delicious california style garbage burrito, a little more expensive, but oh so much more delicious...

and this is so reminding me of the taco episode of invader zim...
edit on 25-1-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Why does this remind me of soilent green?

You can have your taco with soilent red peppers or soilent green peppers.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I can't say that I have ever eaten at Taco Bell but thanks to this thread I have learned a new word.. "FourthMeal"

new topics

top topics

join