It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 handguns smuggled into Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't think it would serve any purpose other than embarrassing airport security. I personally believe this kind of thing happens all the time.. This time they just so happened to get caught

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

You do have the right to bear arms, as per the Bill of Rights 1689.

As for the OP, I wonder if this man is responsible for the surge in gun related gang violence in the NW over the past few years.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
From what I have seen of the English, most of them are sheeple, their best brains were killed off in two world wars, as for their 'rights' depends on which way the wind is blowing, most of their laws have 'catch all' parts. To live in the UK would not be my first choice. The 'upper class' has, over hundreds of years, honed to a fine art the ability to totally ignore the 'lower classes'.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

bare arms? I just want the right to run around butt naked! The fact that over 300 million households own guns, leads me to believe that even without our military, America would still be the most powerful nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
80 handguns ?

That's 1 Tea Party rally, and 2 street corners in Compton.

I'm pro-gun ownership, but I'm not not a hunter.

Staunch supporter of The Right to Arm Bears

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Do elaborate on this insightful and thought provoking post....

reply to post by Resurrectio

We also have the right to run around naked in the UK too. It's only illegal if there is an intent to cause distress or alarm of a sexual nature. It is more likely you'll be arrested in Scotland for being naked though, they're rather prudish comapred to the English.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why are some of you so mad?
This guy should be given an award.
This is like a hacker who hacks programs
to make it safer.

What if it was one of them muslim terrorist who
did this hi-jacked a plane and killed your mother?

You would of begged someone found the loophole first.
Proves how crappy the (oh so safe) airport security is...
You should be thanking him.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

When the "loophole" consists of filling a bag with guns and tossing it to a luggage handler there isnt much you can do other than have every piece of luggage inspected as though you were going through customs.

All these security measures are currently doing is making massive human herds at checkpoint locations in airports.

Bombers love compact herds.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Personally, I want to arm bears. Come mess with my house now mutha!

Edit: Sorry, cheap shot but I took it anyway.
edit on 25-1-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Sorry

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Why are some of you so mad?
This guy should be given an award.
This is like a hacker who hacks programs
to make it safer.

What if it was one of them muslim terrorist who
did this hi-jacked a plane and killed your mother?

You would of begged someone found the loophole first.
Proves how crappy the (oh so safe) airport security is...
You should be thanking him.

Don't work like that bro, would you down load a semi automatic hand gun? Well minimum jail time for even holding one is 5 years (on paper).

Minimum jail time for looking for UFO's on American computers?? lol

Minimum jail time for bankers? Pollination fraudsters, Arms dealers? lol

Basically safety in numbers bro, we all get picked off in the end?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah I never understood that...... They group you all together in a nice compact inescapable area and call it "Security"....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Okay, I'll be the first to say it. Tin foil specs at the ready folks...

Those guns didn't get through customs, they were let through!

I live in the east end of London, and in my opinion the utilisation of "yob" culture for social eugenics is a theory im becoming increasingly drawn to, because of how much sense it makes to me. Allow me to illustrate. It would be incredibly easy for example, to pay a gang member money for a political assassination. A conflict between gangs for the purpose of oppressing the poor communities, NO-torious-BIGGIE. In other words, any powerful and secretive organisation have thousands of very poor gangsters at their disposal for killing members of society deemed too much of a threat to their agenda. Corpses are regularly found for reasons unknown in inner city areas. These murders are a lot of the time random and senseless, but is this view a little too shallow?
Gang warfare benefits the elites on many levels. More justification for oppressive policing in "tough neighbourhoods". Hysterical media coverage of violent crimes propagate fear, conditioning the masses into being more easily manipulated. And take a moment next time you hear "gangster rap" to examine the messages in the lyrics of "gangster rap"! They want these communities to tear themselves apart because the conflicts breed a particular type of obedient "warrior" minded individual, a valuable asset for the elites especially at times of uncertainty or worse - pushing this conspiracy way out there - for times of chaos. Like I say, its just a theory and i have nothing to back up my claims, but they could be true. What is true though is that 80 guns were let through UK customs from American while our Official Home office Terrorism Threat Level has been raised to Severe, in a post 9-11 world...

Im just saying... it's possible. But I sincerely hope its not true.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I support the right to bare arms but i hope he gets the full punishment for breaking the law.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by m0r1arty

Well I see your point, but even in the states if you go into a pub with a firearm its a felony.. That means no more voting or gun rights. You loose them.. If you carry a concealed weapon without a permit in public it's the same end. We have rules for our firearms.. this isn't the "Old West" anymore.

This might be true where you live, but it is not a federal law... Individual states will regulate if carrying a firearm in a pub/bar is illegal. If you happen to be drinking at the same time, that also might be illegal in some states, but even if it isn't, it's not a smart idea...
At least where I live pretty much the only prohibited places are government/public buildings/property. Now if a business has a policy of not allowing guns, all they can do is ask you to leave, you are not breaking any law unless you refuse, and then it is just trespassing... If they have posted no weapons signage, and you ignore them, then you are trespassing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join