It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Block of Wood Discovered on Iceberg at Magnetic South Pole

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
It looks photo-shopped to me. It just looks too *new* as if it suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It looks completely out of place.

"completely out of place" just like a piano on a sand bar.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by svetlana84

By the way, also the photographer) had a box there (same expedition 1911 by Scott), probably for his Photo-Equipment. A Picture of him: clairesawers.com...’-view-from-the-ends-of-the-earth/

I like how everyone skipped over this. That box does look similiar..
..Hmm..

You're right... it sure does look like that box!

This is a pretty funny thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i just lold about one of the comments in the article

"“You vill ALL schtop lookink at ze exit hatch for our Untergroundt UFO-Schnaffenfatzer NOW!”
Adolf Hitler

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Funny seeing that block of wood there. When I was a boy, my younger brother and I were constantly writing notes, putting them in bottles and tossing them into whatever body of water was nearby. Not only bottles, but candy wrappers and really anything that would float. So one day I saw him coming along the river and what did he have under his arm, a block of wood.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
0_0....7 pages for this topic, seriously? It's a photo-shopped board onto an iceberg. Even if it was real, what are we supposed to make of it? There's virtually no conspiracy you could attribute to it. Now perhaps if it were a solid piece of unknown metal....or along those lines. But seriously, I'm about to just go get a 3d render/photoshop an image and start a thread with it; you guys are so gullible lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Lost luggage from craft that disappeared from the Bermuda Triangle.

Box containg GPS tracking to maybe track ice flow / currents / etc?

Ark of the Covenant....

The box that contained the martian meteorite....

Container for Funball.

Birthers can move along now, we've found Barry's birth certificate. Actually debris from an old arctic mission would make sense too though.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Originally posted by Liquesence
It looks photo-shopped to me. It just looks too *new* as if it suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It looks completely out of place.

"completely out of place" just like a piano on a sand bar.

Forgive me, but that's not quite what i meant by out of place; however, it does seem to be the "go-to" response for those saying "of course it's out of place!?! DUH!" That not the point (to me).

To which i then replied this, this, and this.

*shrug*

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
0_0....7 pages for this topic, seriously? It's a photo-shopped board onto an iceberg. Even if it was real, what are we supposed to make of it? There's virtually no conspiracy you could attribute to it. Now perhaps if it were a solid piece of unknown metal....or along those lines. But seriously, I'm about to just go get a 3d render/photoshop an image and start a thread with it; you guys are so gullible lol.

It is a test. It is to expose those with a defective sense of humor gene. Believe it or not, some are actually lacking the humor gene entirely.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hey cool, that's where I left it. I thought I dropped it overboard.

Now it looks like it's the 2nd Iceburg on the Right that looks like a cute little bunny.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Basically, if it had actually and truly been there, in Antarctica, for any length of time, would it not have some type of frost, frozen precipitation, snow, ice crystals, or something that reflects it had been out in the open in Antarctica? It seems highly illogical that perhaps it "suddenly melted to reveal" said apparent box made of wood, because neither the top--nor anything else--of the 'berg or the box makes it seem like it was suddenly revealed.

But what do i know?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think it is a marker. Some one said " this is the spot where magnetic south will be in 20 years . Yes right here where I put this piece of wood will be the magnetic south poll in 2011".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
what the hell are those goddam penguins up to now.

we need shock and awe those sob's before they fully develop those weapons of mass distruction.

It's probably just something Bear Grylls made & left there.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I bet someone just thought on day, "im gonna do something SOOOO out of the norm it will have people talking and conspiring for days!"

LOL im sure someone made a very dangerous trip out there to place it there just to see the responses it would get.
Good find none the less.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's amazing. Really.
Studying and getting to know some of the personalities here at ATS is probably how Dian Fossey felt when doing her Gorillas in the Mist expedition.

Good grief. There's always one, two or three people who just don't pick up on the vibes, energy or flow of a thread.

I admit, I started this thread because of my inquisitive nature and thought it would be interesting to hear what some of you had to offer up as far as an explanation.

But after only a few posts, Springer changed everything for me. I was laughing so hard for about an hour after I thought the wood might've come from a 'bridge' only to be corrected that the 'bridge' was part of a steel boat!

So then I got thinking......why would I even THINK there would be a bridge down in the Antarctic in the first place..so.....it changed the whole flavor of this thread.

According to Barlow, “Wildlife watchers near Aurora Australis’ bridge first thought .....

It became fun. And funny. The levity was great. A nice departure from all the other threads for a change.

But I still see people popping in to complain about it.
I just don't get it.

99% of us are having fun. What does it matter to you? It's not like this is coming out of your allowance.
So, if you can't pick up by now this is a NON-SERIOUS NON-CONSPIRATOR and NO PRESSURE thread then please.........move your bitterness and ugliness along to another thread then please

edit on 25-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That's not a piece of wood! That's "The Thing" pretending to be a piece of wood! Don't go near it!!!

The Thing (2011)

The Thing (1982)

The Thing From Another World

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
99% of us are having fun. What does it matter to you? It's not like this is coming out of your allowance.
So, if you can't pick up by now this is a NON-SERIOUS NON-CONSPIRATOR and NO PRESSURE thread then please.........move your bitterness and ugliness along to another thread then please

There will always be those people my friend. Everyone is at different stages, and all we can do is just accept and stay positive.

edit on 25/1/2011 by Hazz-14 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14

Yes, I know. You're right
But sometimes they need a good scolding too.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Hazz-14

Yes, I know. You're right
But sometimes they need a good scolding too.

Perhaps with a paddle made from an old bit of wood, aged on top of an iceberg?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have found it!!! My son has been looking for his beloved Plank forever... The secret has been revealed, we now know where the closet monster takes all his loot.

Now we should work on solving the biggest conspiracy of all, where do all those left socks that the dryer eats go? (Why is it always the left one? Does the right one not taste as good?)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join