It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Block of Wood Discovered on Iceberg at Magnetic South Pole

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Look at the enhancement (for lack of a better word) of the pic I did a couple of posts up, I don't think it's been photoshopped, you can clearly see its sitting in the snow on the ice, it looks like some sort of cargo box, perhaps someones been littering off the side of a boat.
edit on 25/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I saw the enhancement, and it really doesn't offer anything conclusive (to me). Since it's sitting on *snow* one could easily manipulate the snow (copy a section and reinsert as if it were piled around) to make it seem as such, especially when enlarging it blurs the lines and clearness of the pixelation. *shrug*

I mean, it looks like it was just placed there, whether intentionally for the shot or intentionally in an editing program, and not like it has been sitting there awhile.

That's just how i feel.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I heard once a long time ago ships were once made of "wood"these "wooden" ships sometimes were caught and crushed in ice

edit on 25-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by 46ACE because: because "along" and "a long" are two differernt things

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Swamp gas...just swamp gas.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I believe this is no piece of wood. This is a research base

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thats a really strange find and the last thing you would expect to see on top of an iceberg.

As you said a point of reference or approx size would be good to know, but if the noticed it from the bridge it must have been a decent size ( at least the size of a small seal )

Reminds me of that dog found floating on an iceberg in the artic circle, i think it was about 100 miles from the coast...

We need some more info on this peice of wood, what direction is traveling and where it had come from??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perhaps left by the same folks who left this timber on the surface of mars??

thecrit.com...

edit on 25-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why is there no snow covering it?

Would it be logical that it is snowing there?

Or at least enough within the time frame of it being there that it would be semi-covered and much less visible?
edit on 25-1-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

appears to be two seperate photos, first is square block, second a rectangulare object. the ice is different.REexamined the fotos, I'm wrong, the fotos are taken 45 Degrees from each other and the first looks square. Forget i was even here.
edit on 25-1-2011 by spikester because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by spikester because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by spikester because: too many brews

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Springer

I am STILL laughing my arse off. What was I thinking????

Here's what I was thinking: I was picturing a bridge...for cars!!!

Despite the fact that the south pole has no known land-mass for said-bridge, what's the population down there? Like, one??

Oh Springer. That's why you're the owner and I'm just a member

good job with the no known land mass.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't know where it came from, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is NOT a dead prostitute underneath........so don't look.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No one yet has claimed it is the Ark of the Covenant?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I say it is the pine coffin of Jimmy Hoffa, finally the answers are coming!!! But in all seriousness as stated above it is probably from a ship of early explorers, or who knows maybe petrified wood from when there was no ice in Antarctica and that would be even better then Hoffa....slightly.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Surely that MUST be a Piece of Noah's ark.
Yeah,. cause thats what it looks like.
So if it was a glove,. then what would be said then?
a cold space alien?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Lot of scientific work done there on the ice. I imagine they leave all kinds of stuff behind, they build temporary habitats as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And another, claiming to be Adolf Hitler, “You vill ALL schtop lookink at ze exit hatch for our Untergroundt UFO-Schnaffenfatzer NOW!”

EL OH EL. Made my day.. If it's not photoshopped, I'd say it's ruins beneath the ice (the ice is melting.. Looking at Greenland) and we'll be finding a lost civilization shortly. (Atlantis?)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
...............there once was a man in Kansas
behind a piano composing some stanzas
a tornado came by twice
dropped the piano on a beach and the chair in some ice
and so began a mystery extravaganza..........

G.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This topic deserves a good detailed theory to go along with the image. Here is mine.

A group of students and their university professor Lobby their government to fund an expedition to the Antarctic to conduct a study. Being sucessful in their funding efforts they charter a large boat and off they go. Almost to their destination and being ahead of schedule they decide to shut down the engines and have party before reaching their destination.

Carefully stored below deck are boxes labeled "Handle With Care", "Sensitive Equipment". The Professor tells the students to go down below and bring up the box on top of the pile.

After one of the students sets it at his feet, he happily pulls out his new Swiss Army Knife and cuts the twine holding it closed. As he opens it he reveals where he chose to invest some of his petty cash and discretionary funds from the government grant. Inside is a collection of popular adult beverages, enough to get them all falling down drunk a dozen times over.

After a couple of hours of drunken reveling the Professor turns to his students and says, "Hey, you guys wanna do an experiment in Human Psychology, just for the fun of it"? Of course he now has the complete attention of all his staggering little groupies who then gather around. "Let's take that box we just emptied and throw it on top of that iceberg ahead on the left. Then let's take the Helicopter up and shoot a photo of it, post it on the Internet and see how long it takes it to go viral, just to see. What do you all say, should we do it?"

Of course being good and drunk the students nearly knock each other off the ship in the rush to be the one to throw the box and see if they can get it to land on top of the Iceberg. The rest is history.

That is my theory and I'm sticking to it!
A Drunken Professor and his drunken band of Jolly Drunken Students did this, I'm sure of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I like how everyone skipped over this. That box does look similiar.. ..Hmm..

I didn't even see that specific post. They do look A LOT a like. Definitely makes ya wonder!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Its an epidemic...

www.stuff.co.nz...

Possible rouge worm-hole ? Arty-farty statement ?

Who dares to dream.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join