It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Block of Wood Discovered on Iceberg at Magnetic South Pole

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's either the back of the wardrobe from "The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe"

Or it's an Eskimos idea of a crop circle.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
hahaha!
The first thing I thought when I saw this was

OMG it's Jumaji!

Ahaha! Weird!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
.....Ive got it!....quick! someone get me a chopper, i think we have just found Jimmy Hoffa!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Sorry to be morbid, but it really looks like a coffin. Maybe melted from the edge of the ice pack?

Nah, it's just a chip off the old block. Get it? Ice chip. Block of wood?

Hello? Is this thing even on?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Well Woody....if it wasn't for Springer Blowin' it for me I thought it was from a 'bridge' like
this

So now, I have to rethink my position

I am STILL laughing!!!
edit on 25-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

To my way of thinking ... if your going to make yourself look like a goof ... you should never do it by halves (I speak from experience by the way)
And you bridge at the south pole was a particularly good goof ... one I'd certainly be proud of.

Thing is I can actually picture it in my mind-eye ... and it's spectacular

Woody

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

By the way, also the photographer) had a box there (same expedition 1911 by Scott), probably for his Photo-Equipment. A Picture of him: clairesawers.com...’-view-from-the-ends-of-the-earth/

I like how everyone skipped over this. That box does look similiar..

..Hmm..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolabel
It's either the back of the wardrobe from "The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe"

Or it's an Eskimos idea of a crop circle.

You just made my day

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Interesting!

It looks wood to me, and wood that's been in the water a long time.

Just think, that block of wood could have been floating around for a hundred years before some storm blew it up on that berg. Blows your mind doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My guess is that this area is located somewhere near the Isle of Misfit Toys, and this is nothing more than one of the wheels from the train caboose.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My wood! I wondered where it went, found it on my trip to Minnesota. I had plans to carve a friendly, smiling alien from it. Any volunteers to go out there and fetch it for me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by svetlana84

By the way, also the photographer) had a box there (same expedition 1911 by Scott), probably for his Photo-Equipment. A Picture of him: clairesawers.com...’-view-from-the-ends-of-the-earth/

I like how everyone skipped over this. That box does look similiar..

..Hmm..

You're absolutely right. It looks exactly like that however.....seeing they don't have a lot of equipment to haul, how would one forget to pick that up?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That is the door to an iceberg submarine like the one from the movie james bond.
Or they closed the door to agartha.
Has to be one of the two can't just be a plain old piece of wood.

two more years and global warming wil supposedly reveal all on this.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The Log Lady says she wants her wood back...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b73395173d5c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Had a play about with various filters in Gimp to try and make features stand out and came up with this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a5a9689b017.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's a box of some type.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
HEY ! You dang woodchucks stop chucking my wood !

Nicely done!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

its what polar bears use to teach their young to swim

or it could be Pandoras box
edit on 25-1-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

THIS could be the work of The Phantom Sculptor!

From AOL News
Guerrilla Art: A Whodunnit in Colorado
By Karen SchwartzJan 23rd 2011 – 11:30AM

BOULDER, Colo. -- An artistic whodunnit that involves 500-pound sculptures appearing overnight and cryptic drawings delivered by mail is delighting this university town.

The mystery began last month when Donna Coughlin glanced out the window in the wee hours and thought, "What is that?"

It was a 15-foot-tall sculpture and had been silently placed on her front lawn. The artwork consists of a steel-reinforced post set in a concrete base. At the top is a collage of rusty chains and metal objects, a padlock, a socket wrench and a solar light that illuminates it after dark.

"Detectives can't figure out how they got the darn thing in there without leaving any drag marks behind," Boulder Police Cmdr. Kim Stewart told the Daily Camera newspaper.

The second sculpture appeared outside the Boulder History Museum three days later, on Dec. 14. It was similar to the first, but this one had skis, a child's bicycle tire, a hedge trimmer and other objects at the top.

There was no artist's name on either piece, but there was a calling card of sorts. Both sculptures came with a tin box that contained a note written in letters cut from a magazine that read: "I hope u enjoy this thing," signed with the letters "PS." And both contained pairs of handmade earrings: one pair with Coughlin's sculpture, two with the museum piece.

All was quiet for about a month. Then a woman who had praised the art on a news channel's website received a package in care of the station. Back in December, "madisonrenee186" had written: "That's hilarious! I'd love that! Hey artist person, I like earrings too!!"

The package delivered Jan. 12 to 9News in Denver was presented to 25-year-old Madison Upton on the air. It contained a framed 18-by-18-inch drawing with 100 unique doodle-like symbols arranged in rows of 10, as well as a pencil sketch of a man pointing to the sculpture. A pair of earrings was attached.

A similar piece was mailed to Jonathan Sackheim, 34, but under his name it said "in care of Bianca Parra." Parra is an art student at the University of Colorado at Boulder and did not know Sackheim.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

it seems to have the corect dimesions for a box...

kx

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Um yeah. Because not only does it look out of place, it looks out of place as in FAKE. As in not really there. As in photo-shopped.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Liquesence
It looks photo-shopped to me. It just looks too *new* as if it suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It looks completely out of place.

WHY would anyone want to photoshop in a piece of wood?
Why not say.... a car instead? This way my 'bridge-theory' wouldn't have been so ridiculous!

Stop with the photo-shop. This is NOT photo-shopped damnit!

This is far more important than my measly "Yellowstone will Erupt Anyday" thread !!
Now, let's be serious shall we?

Why would anyone want to photo-shop a piece wood indeed. Why would anyone want to photo-shop half the crazy stupid things they do? Because people are stupid and do stupid things.

Right. By out of place i meant as being fake. Shopped. But i suppose a car would be more believable.

But if it turns out to be a real piece of wood, i will amendment my opinion. I'm just saying how it LOOKS to me.

No ice, no snow, but like a box or a piece of wood created through CGI.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join