It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mysterious Block of Wood Discovered on Iceberg at Magnetic South Pole

page: 3
61
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Despite the fact that the south pole has no known land-mass for said-bridge,


I don't want to heap on the embarrassment, but the South Pole is the pole with a landmass!




posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It could just be a material thats rusted that has been submerged for time above or inside a developing iceberg. The Iceberg has broken off in different areas which allowed it to float with the rusted or wooden object atop.

Or its a hoax to do mental scan of perception?



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by woodwytch

Not everything is a conspiracy ... and it is only a piece of wood which even by your own validation was mistaken for a reclining seal so that provides some size perspective.

What are your personal thoughts on it purpose and/or origin ?

Woody


Look at you just TRYING to get us all to look away and ignore this...yeah Woody, I see what you are doing here. I am not fooled. You can't hide your wooden friend from us. MR WOODY!

MM


Dammit ... my dastardly plan is foiled ... shhhh ... perhaps no-one noticed.

BTW that's Ms Woody



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
what the hell are those goddam penguins up to now.

we need shock and awe those sob's before they fully develop those weapons of mass distruction.



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Despite the fact that the south pole has no known land-mass for said-bridge,


I don't want to heap on the embarrassment, but the South Pole is the pole with a landmass!


Ah.
Yeah.
That's what I meant to say. Damn dyslexia


Oh wait. That means my 'bridge' wasn't that ridiculous after all.
I love redemption!

But seriously I was actually picturing a span bridge. Like the size of the Brooklyn Bridge
not thinking it's in the middle of nowhere!
And I am sober and attended college too. Well okay, I registered anyway!



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver
 


I thought the Sandbar was a place that let sixteen year olds drink...



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well Woody....if it wasn't for Springer Blowin' it for me I thought it was from a 'bridge' like
this


So now, I have to rethink my position


I am STILL laughing!!!
edit on 25-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
With the bottom photo , I zoomed in to 1000% to get a look . What I noticed , is that the bottom side is not actually a straight cut , it appears that the piece is cut on an angle from the bottom right corner . Can't really tell if it is wood or metal though .

Also , at this zoom level , there are lines of distortion around the piece , that aren't found anywhere else in the photo .

In addition , at this zoom level , you will notice that the piece does not appear to be frozen into the ice , as there seems to be a gap between the ice and the surface that meets the ice .

Also , if you look close , you will see a slight discoloration of the ice , just below the bottom of the piece , that extends towards the left . Sort of a yellow/rusty color in the ice . Kinda like 'yellow snow' .



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's another one, a 650lb grand piano found on a Florida sandbar. Saw the article on CNN, I'm sure there's a logical explanation but funny nonetheless.



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Tollon
 


Wow! You gave this some healthy thought. Much appreciated. But what makes you say it's on an angle though?
Great post by the way!


Considering the position the photo was shot from, the iceberg top should be in line with surface of the water if it was really flat (the surface of the water is more or less flat).
It might be visual conception here but I don't think the top of the iceberg is linear with the surface of the water.
Thus it's sloping a little.
But since I can't seem to find my glasses here, I might be wrong...



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
With the bottom photo , I zoomed in to 1000% to get a look . What I noticed , is that the bottom side is not actually a straight cut , it appears that the piece is cut on an angle from the bottom right corner . Can't really tell if it is wood or metal though .

Also , at this zoom level , there are lines of distortion around the piece , that aren't found anywhere else in the photo .

In addition , at this zoom level , you will notice that the piece does not appear to be frozen into the ice , as there seems to be a gap between the ice and the surface that meets the ice .

Also , if you look close , you will see a slight discoloration of the ice , just below the bottom of the piece , that extends towards the left . Sort of a yellow/rusty color in the ice . Kinda like 'yellow snow' .


So whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis


Do you think it's 'shopped in?
Can you insert the zoomed in version please?

I hope this doesn't end up in the hoax category. I'll never get my reputation back again



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We dump lots of things in our waters. Is it that strange that human garbage has has migrated this far?!
The currents of our oceans are quite amazing.




posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Can't really say if it's shopped or not , as I don't know jack about all that . Was just presenting what I observed at that level of zoom . Don't know jack about embedding it either , sorry .

Come to think of it , I don't even know jack .



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Can't really say if it's shopped or not , as I don't know jack about all that . Was just presenting what I observed at that level of zoom . Don't know jack about embedding it either , sorry .

Come to think of it , I don't even know jack .




Not to worry. I think I know EXACTLY how it got there!!!




posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Not to worry. I think I know EXACTLY how it got there!!!



Hahahaaaa... Nice.
It's not far off probably.



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's trash. Just trash only trash...trash. There are som many differnt peices of garbage floating aroung in the ocean it's rediculous. Don't suprised if you find a barbie doll or something.



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's an enlargement:




posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Yea , that's exactly what my first thoughts were . Dang woodchucks are probably behind a lot of these sightings ...



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If the object in the photo is not an addition to, but is original, then my guess would be that it may very well be a fragment of histories past explorations.

A piece of an expeditionary fleet left behind, or maybe the sole remaining object not sunken.
Clearly the majority know what it is not, so the real answer remains.

Where could it have come from, the iceberg and item of interest, and how does their migration effect the current placement.

Of course, that is if the photo is unaltered.



posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien


Well Woody....if it wasn't for Springer Blowin' it for me I thought it was from a 'bridge' like
this


So now, I have to rethink my position


I am STILL laughing!!!
edit on 25-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)


Why would you post a new thread about a piece of wood atop an iceberg in the antarctic if you were of the belief that there was nothing strange about it? That it was just some piece of wood from a "bridge"?

You're holding out on us. I'm sure you think there's more to it. It's hardly fair or honest to ask the opinions of others if you aren't prepared to offer your own in return.

My personal opinion on this piece of wood is that it is just that. A piece of wood. Probably tossed off of a passing ship or plane. Certainly nothing mystical, supernatural or even other worldy. Just an ordinarly piece of wood.



new topics

top topics



 
61
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join