It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not free, what ever you do!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok so we all fight for our freedoms and we all want to be free but have you ever looked around you? You are always bound to the rules and schedules of every corporate company.

If they want to make more profit, they don't ask you. They just raise the prices and because you depend on them you will buy their products no mather the cost and besides that, in the states the government helps the corporate thieves and stop people that are trying to buy other, less expensive, product.

Another thing you need to obey is that of schedules. You are always stressed and pressed by time and if you are not in a place at the given time you wil either lose your job or you will miss something important.

And now the biggest of them all is the government. We don't need them but we are obligated to need them for them just to sit arround steal, opress and rule over us like tirants. If you do not accept the government and pay them for doing nothing you are imediately thrown in prison. (this is the biggest scam ever)

So in conclusion we are not free. We will never be.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
freedom is a mind state

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Only the part about the government is really correct. You don't have to buy the products that they raise prices on. You don't have to work for somebody else. Our current government is really the only thing keeping us from being truly free. People talk about how the big corporations have so much power, but they only have that power because of the government's actions or lack of.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
If they want to make more profit, they don't ask you. They just raise the prices and because you depend on them you will buy their products no mather the cost and besides that, in the states the government helps the corporate thieves and stop people that are trying to buy other, less expensive, product.

No, that sounds like government, not corporations. They want more money, they raise taxes. Corporations are much more likely to lower prices in order to raise profit since more customers translates to more profit.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

I wrote this rant because of a situation that happened to me today.

I synced perfectly with the bus i had to take home from the hospital (acording to the time table) but the bus came earlier with like 3 minutes so i was a bit far from the station. So when i saw the bus i started running to reach the station but when i reached the station the driver closed the doors and left with me pointing the middle finger at him. I bet he laughed his ass of when he did this.
(Little did he know that i live next to the last bus stop where he has a stop period of about 10 minutes so when i caught him i threw a rock at the window just so i could laugh my ass too)

So this is where it all started from. (hope you get the point)

So although you say that you do not depend on big coorporations i want to ask you, don't you use electricity or water or gas? Don't you use anything to make your life easier or just to live decent?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Actually here in my country big corp did the same thing. (international corporations) Gas companies all agreed in secret to increase gas prices by ... a lot ... and in one night they all did that and the government threatened them but until now they didn't do anything (figures).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In my personal experience I used to be part of the system big time and I guess I;m still part of it because we still pay for gas, petrol, electricity and got to the supermarkets. But I decided to start working for a small company in which time wasn't and issue, I could arrive and leave and the time of my choice. I just have to do my job to the best of my ability and go home and do the things that I like and spend time with my family and friends.
What I left behind was a BIG city, with all the good things that it has to offer, theaters, concerts, museums etc etc
But I guess living on the seaside is better than the big city, money is ok and enough. I stopped trying to become rich, I save little and enjoy the sea, sand and views. Never thought I will be doing this in my life, I used to love the system or the machine, but today I know I can live without it, and that's a fact!!
Thanks for the thread, I liked it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Chances are, that bus driver hates his job and just tries to get through his stops as quickly as he can. It's nothing I would hold against him. And yes, most of us do pay for electricity and water and all that. However, they're convienences and therefore aren't required for you to survive, they just make life easier. There's plenty of people in the world that are quite happy having none of the things that we take for granted.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Freedom is in this thread title.

It may not be grammatically correct - but it's free.

So 'what ever' you do can, sometimes, make you free(er).

-m0r

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Nah drivers here don;t hate their jobs. The ratio between worked hours and money is so good that you just can't be unhappy ( 1000$ for 6 hours worked a day and remember this is not the US or England so that money is a a lot ).

And running water and electricity are not that indispensible because no matter what you still need them. Especialy water because nowdays you can get a disease even from the cleanest spring you can find ...

new topics

top topics

join