It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird experience today, future doppelgänger or strange coincidence??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
G'Day ATS,

I don't know where to post this as it could fall under a couple of topics, but I'd just like to recount a strange occurrence that happened today. It's probably just coincidence but you never know.

I was walking around town today running some errands, the post office, bank and groceries were on my list.

I'd just walked out of the post office when I noticed one of my friends walking towards me about thirty meters away. As Mike got nearer, I checked my "Hello Mate!" as I had my doubts it was actually him. Sure he looked the same however something was wrong. My friend Mike is about 35 and this gentleman looked 50 if he was a day. Anyway as I got within ten meters I realised it wasn't him, but I swear it could have been Mike in twenty years time. Identical, it was all I could do not to stare and ask him his name. He had the same gait and everything, even the hairstyle was spot on.

Unsettling as this was this wasn't the freaky part, for as I turned back around to continue on my way who should come around the corner, literally 7 seconds behind his "aged doppelgänger" but my friend Mike. He greeted me but I was in such shock I couldn't do anything except say "Hi" and carry on walking.

Now there are a few possibilities here.

Most likely this was just a coincidence, and these two gentlemen look the same and were just in the same place at the same time (7 seconds apart).

Or I was witnessing a future Mike, walking ahead of his past self.

I have to say that it felt like something was out of place. From the second I saw him before I realised it wasn't Mike I was uneasy, or aware that something was a miss.

Anyway friends I thought I'd share that with you.

All the best, kiwi

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I would strike a guess it was his father. He's old enough to be if he was 50 and your freind is 35; 50-35=15, well maybe an uncle then or his daddy started early? It does happen.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I would strike a guess it was his father. He's old enough to be if he was 50 and your freind is 35; 50-35=15, well maybe an uncle then or his daddy started early? It does happen.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING

Cheers for that, it's possible but I know most of his family and there is some family resemblance but this was like they were twins!!!

I'll have to ask him next time I see him, I've known him for a while and have never met that person or seen him. (we live in a small town you see!)

In fact I'll message him later!

Thanks for that

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well it could be any relative visiting. Ok, here's why I say this, my daughter when she was two we went up to her aunt's(father's side) place, her daughter(my daughter's cousin, my neice) was a few yrs older and I had only seen her when she was an infant. Well she had come up around my car from behind and looked into the window, I was like "JENNY! get back in the car!" Jenny's my daughter's name. Anyway, she was not responding, well her mother cmes out and calls her "samantha,, get in the house" I look back, sure enough my daughter was sitting in the carseat giggling at me. I think they were both at first in shock, for I swear to you you would think these girls were twins looking at them side by side!!!! This is completely true! Now they aren't so similar as Samantha has grown taller (since she's older). But if you saw her, you would say it was a future Jenny for sure! So crazy how that works sometimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
maybe it was one of these:

Vardoger

you say the guy was older and looked like your friend. perhaps some sort of resonance/attraction caused the Vardoger to overlay onto him?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
While it's fun to entertain theories of the paranormal, I can't escape logic on this one.
The sheer amount of people there are, related or otherwise there is bound to be at least someone out there that very closely resembles you & I .
Close enough to fool a life long friend .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

Jenny? Jenny from Pittsburgh? How have you been?
Wait... Jenny doesn't wear glasses.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Vardoger

you say the guy was older and looked like your friend. perhaps some sort of resonance/attraction caused the Vardoger to overlay onto him?

That is also a possibility, I was merely putting out the most logical assumptions, I still don't discount it could/may be paranormal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There is something to be said for a person's gait. It is quite unique to the individual. I was in a Tire Store this past year and I was getting tires put onto my truck. There was a man that struck me oddly and I could tell he was a step above a manager by the way everyone was rushing about. I sat in the waiting room and he left the front to go into the bay area where the cars were and I noticed his gait. Here I was looking at a person I had not seen in over 25 years, and the last time I saw him he was still in high school, so roughly 17-18 years old.

When he walked in the phone was ringing and sure enough he used his first name Charles, which of course I knew as Charlie. LOL, I broke my silence and ask him if he was ..., he was; although it took me a bit to get him to remember me I was amazed that he had no resemblance to the boy I once knew; in fact he looked quite old for a 40-year-old. Of course he filled me in on his world and his brothers, I did the same; there is really something to a person's gait because that was the very thing that made me recognize him. Had I been in the same town as when I knew him I would have thought that maybe my mind was looking for him, but that was not the case at all as he explained he sometimes is sent to other towns for Corporate reasons.

I think Obama walks like Marion Robert Morrison or also known as John Wayne; he has a swagger to his walk that is uncanny.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

I think Obama walks like Marion Robert Morrison or also known as John Wayne; he has a swagger to his walk that is uncanny.

I think he's high or drunk all the time and that's why he swaggers, unlike John Wayne. LOL....
But I digress I do not wanna hijack this thread.
Gaits are very distinguishable though I suppose.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Very interesting story. As I started to read it, I thought a family member. I even wondered if the family was playing prank on you. You noted that you knew the family and have to judge for yourself.

I don't think it was, as one reply mentioned- that we all might have someone who looks like us. It is a great option. But it would require that the 1 person would be in the same place AND your friend.

If it was paranormal, it could be a time shift. Your friend in the future. You might be glimpsing an image to come. Not your friend from the future in person (your "older" friend would have noticed you.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You should have stopped Mike and instructed him not to move... because you have someone he needs to see. Then you should have chased the other guy down and brought him back to Mike... being he was only 7 seconds away. Probably less if you had ran. Unfortunately... we never think that fast when we're caught off guard, do we???

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Vardoger

thanks mate, I'd never heard of a Vardoger before, never get tired of learning new stuff!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Ive just noticed this thread today and thought I'd reply

This is similar to what I seen only last week at work. Although the person hadnt aged, they looked the same as they do now. I was going to the bathroom at work. A guy at work was also going to the bathroom from the other end of the office. We were walking towards each other along the corridor, I said hi to him just to be polite. He entered the bathroom first and I was literally 2 or 3 seconds behind him, the door swung shut, and when I entered the bathroom it was empty. There was no one in there, all cubicle doors were open and there is only one way in and out, so he couldn't have been hiding anywhere. When I came back out the guy I had just followed into the bathroom was sitting at his desk. Very weird expierence.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Interesting. Reminds me of a couple experiences I had myself. It would take too long to lay the groundwork to explain what I suspected was going on... so I'll just leave it alone. Have you had any theories as to what may have actually happened??? I mean... did you actually take the time to try and wrap your head around it???

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I guess it could have been someone with a strong genetic link to him that he wouldn't necessarily even know, apparently there is a village somewhere in Wales UK where every single man looks almost exactly like one of my friends.
I guess the people of the village don't believe in making friends with strangers

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

seeing another persons doppelgänger could mean that illness or danger is near.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

Ive just noticed this thread today and thought I'd reply

This is similar to what I seen only last week at work. Although the person hadnt aged, they looked the same as they do now. I was going to the bathroom at work. A guy at work was also going to the bathroom from the other end of the office. We were walking towards each other along the corridor, I said hi to him just to be polite. He entered the bathroom first and I was literally 2 or 3 seconds behind him, the door swung shut, and when I entered the bathroom it was empty. There was no one in there, all cubicle doors were open and there is only one way in and out, so he couldn't have been hiding anywhere. When I came back out the guy I had just followed into the bathroom was sitting at his desk. Very weird expierence.

Mate that is freaking freaky!!! I would have run back into the bathroom to use it I think!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one having strange experiences!!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I guess it could have been someone with a strong genetic link to him that he wouldn't necessarily even know, apparently there is a village somewhere in Wales UK where every single man looks almost exactly like one of my friends.
I guess the people of the village don't believe in making friends with strangers

I'm definitely more inclined to believe the sensible and most realistic explanations for what I saw.

But it's ATS so we have to keep an open mind! (or at least have a little hatch cut into our tin foil hats for the weird and wonderful!)

All the best, Kiwi :up;

new topics

top topics

join