It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We See An Increase In Anti-Semitism World Wide?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1amc
Can someone tell me what is anti-semitism?

Hatred of Jews. Though why it's not called Anti-Judaism is beyond me.

Well, if the Israel-Palestine Wall completely encloses the Palestinians where they have to get permission from Israel to get out, then I can understand there being an outcry of a 'gigantic open air prison' being constructed. But isn't the fence supposed to follow the "Green Line" -- the basic understood border between Israel and the West Bank? (Kind of like on the map linked below?) If that's the case, then the Palestinians would only be cut off from the Isralies -- not the rest of the world...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
1amc:

It's a pretty far reaching term, sometimes. It can be used to imply that someone hates all Jews, Israel, Judaism, and Zionism. A catch-all phrase that you can use to throw on someone who might disagree with either Israeli policy, Zionist policy, Jewish people as a whole, and any specific tenets of Judaism.

To me, anti-semitism is an ignorant hatred of Jews, usually based on lies and anti-Jewish propaganda. People seem to hate what they don't understand, and the Jewish community is pretty insular (for damn good reason, looking at history), so there's an air of mystery there. I think of most anti-semites as people who are failures at something, or have a grievance about something, and rather than blame themselves or try to fix their problems, they blame "dirty Jews". Or "dirty Mexicans". Or blacks. You get the point.

They're taking my jobs, they're taking my women, they have more money than me and they don't deserve it, they're not as smart as whitey, they're "up to something".

That's the stupid, dangerous anti-semitism.

I'm anti-Zionist. Jews are the same as the rest of the us (I live in Montreal, we have the 2nd largest Jewish community in North America after New York). It's governments and stupid exclusionary policies that screw things up.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
NYC has a lot of jews? i never noticed sure 1 or 2 but i didnt know they have a community full of em what part of new york are they in?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
anti-semetism is what the Nazis preached - you know, Jews are evil so they need to go.

Sadly, many modern Jews use the phrase "anti-semetic" as a means to discredit anyone who doesn't support Isreal. For example, if I were to say: "Isreal is a welfare state" (because she relies so heavily on American's tax payer dollars) many Jews would brand me an "anti-Semite". It's a tactic the Nazis used - you know, anyone who dared disagree with Nazi ideology were labled "anti-German."

Why do you think non-Jews aren't verbalizing outrage over the billions we send to Isreal every year? Because obsessive heads of Jewish organizations will come after them and call them Nazis.

People need to take a stand and say: "Don't pull the Nazi card with me. You're tactic won't work. I don't support Isreal because I don't approve of billions going to another land. That money should be used to help *Americans* here at home."

Is American concerned/courageous enough to take that stand?
I doubt it. We've become pretty wimpy.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Originally posted by 1amc

Hatred of Jews. Though why it's not called Anti-Judaism is beyond me.

Anti-Judaism is based on on religious dissimilarities.
(If a Jew convert to another religion, he would be save)

Anti-Semitism is more.

Race-based type of Antisemitism has been represented by Nazi germany:
Even one who didnít consider himself Jewish but had one Jewish grandparent could be sent to the death camps.

It has its own literature. A czarist forgery, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Political anti-Semitism (or anti-Zionism) is the most recent and least understood form.
Classical anti-Semitism denies the rights of Jews as citizens within society. Anti-Zionism denies the equal rights of the Jewish people to its lawful sovereignty within the community of nations.

Rebekka

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join