It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We See An Increase In Anti-Semitism World Wide?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Take from the Matt Drudge Report:

"Mother, baby attacked on Paris train after mistaken for Jews By AFP VERSAILLES, France - A young woman and her baby were attacked in a suburban train near Paris on Saturday by unidentified men who drew swastikas on her stomach with a pen in what police said was an anti-Semitic assault. The six attackers who were armed with knives clipped the 23-year-old woman's hair, and cut her t-shirt and pants before drawing three swastikas on her body.

The men of North African origin also overturned the pram with her baby of 13 months.

In the attack they robbed her backpack which contained her identity papers, a bank card and 200 euros ($250).

Police said the attackers erroneously assumed the woman was Jewish because she was living in Paris' posh 16th district.

"Only Jews live in the 16th district," one of the men was quoted as having said.

French President Jacques Chirac expressed his horror and condemned what he called "a shameful attack."

The perpetrators must be found, held accountable and condemned with the full severity of the law, a statement issued by his office said.

French Interior Minister Dominique de Villepin asked police to find the attackers within the shortest possible time, his ministry said in a statement.

The attack was "all the more serious because it was marked by racism and anti-Semitism," he said.

*****END OF STORY*****

Question-Since the Unites States has successfully (in the past three years), managed to unite the Arab World in almost universal contempt for the United States since our (the United States) John Wayne "Shock-and-Awe" attack in Iraq, do you foresee renewed Anti-Semetic feelings will be increasing worldwide?

Especially since the United States was one of the only Allies Israel has?

Now, I understand, one story does not an entire Conspiracy Theory make....

But, I think, based on History. that Anti-Semitism will soon reach an all-time high. Especially with the Arab World in an uproar....

So, what do you think?

[edit on 04-08-2004 by ladyspiritguide]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the historical roots for the worldwide disdain of Jews? I never understood the concept. What makes their religion any more or less silly than any other religion? (Just a paragagraph explanation please... no need to write a whole novel here!
)

As far as I can tell, Christians started hating the Jews at the same time they began to hate the Roman Empire -- a hundred years or so after Jesus had come and gone, and before the Emperor Constantine became a Christian (thus making the Roman Empire Christian). The first few generations of Christians blamed the Jews and the Roman Empire equally for Jesus's death; however, after the Roman Empire became officially Christian, the blame was shifted squarely on the Jews.

And as far as I know, the Muslims didn't care about the Jews until Israel became a nation in 1948. What did most Muslims think of the Jews before then? (I know they hated the Christians because of the Crusades during the Middle Ages in Europe.)

For that matter, why is called "Anti-Semitism"? What is a "Semite"? Since they're called Jews and practice Judaism, why isn't it called "Anti-Judaism"?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
Question-Since the Unites States has successfully (in the past three years), managed to unite the Arab World in almost universal contempt for the United States since our (the United States) John Wayne "Shock-and-Awe" attack in Iraq, do you foresee renewed Anti-Semetic feelings will be increasing worldwide?

So, what do you think?
[edit on 04-08-2004 by ladyspiritguide]

I don't see it. Anti-semetism goes back centuries and ebbs and flows based on the given political climate - look at the Spanish Inquisition.

I find it interesting in the story you posted that the people who assaulted this woman robbed her as well. Makes you wonder if they were looking to rob someone anyway and she made a more palatable target.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sorry, but the Europeans have been hating the Jews long before Christopher Columbus ever set sail..............

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Was she a victim?

But doubts began to surface about the truth of the attack report that stunned France.

A 23-year-old mother told police that she was robbed by a knife-wielding gang of six young men while riding a train with her infant on Friday morning, then mistreated after being mistaken for a Jew. None of some 20 witnesses came to her rescue, she told police.

Surveillance cameras at the station where the culprits reportedly left the train showed no young men running from the scene, and no witnesses have come forward despite repeated calls from officials and promises of anonymity.

Both France-Info radio and the television station LCI reported that the young woman had filed several complaints for violence and aggression in the past. Neither provided sources, but LCI said she had filed six such complaints in the past. That information could not be immediately confirmed.

If her story turns out to be a hoax, why would she do this?
Link

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I blame any rises in Anti-Semitism on the Sharon government and that freakin Nazi wall.

The UN says it's illegal, everyone knows it's immoral, but Israel says, WHO CARES.

People tend to get pissed about being talked down to eventually, and Israel REALLY needs a good PR team.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

I blame any rises in Anti-Semitism on the Sharon government and that freakin Nazi wall.

*Ding Ding Ding Ding*

The closet neo nazi/anti semitc idea of the month winner has been found.

1. The ammount of suicide bombings has been cut by more than half since the construction of the wall.

2. Anti Semitism is preached on state run media in such countries as Egypt, Syria, and Iran. In fact some outlets go so far as to use the ever debunked idea of the Protocols of the Elder Zion.

3. The wall was considered long before Sharon. He was just the man who implemented it. IF and I stress IF the wall is a crime against humanity the blame rests on several members of the Israeli parliment, cabinet, etc.

4. Where did you get Nazi from?

a. The Nazi's never built a wall around anything to keep people out. Instead they invaded neighbors.

b. You might have mixed up your history and thought the "Berlin Wall" was built by nazis. See Joseph Stalin.

c. Yes the Jews are just imulating the rabid hate movement that almost wiped them out.

Your line of reasoning is mind boggling and borders on Anti Semitic.

Your continued critique of the Iraq war, and strong opposition to American intervention in Sudan could lead someone to think you are Pro -Arab.

Being pro arab is not a crime, but when coupled with your comments on the "nazi wall" and how "the jews have anti semitism coming", leads me to label you.

A closet jew hater.

Oh and PS the UN also deems the wholesale genocide and rape of thousands in Sudan, the butchering of Shiites in 1992 Iraq, and Rwanda immoral but why dont we just over look that because of your rabid anti isralie stance?

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I for one am sick of hearing about Anti-Semitism because we all must suffer with ignorant people and some times we bring it upon ourselves. This would not be the first time things like this were made up and wont be the last. Some times it seems that we should think that Jewish people are the only ones to have sufferd in the world, and when was the last time you saw the Simon W Center try to use there power to stop atrocities in the world rather than to collect reperations for themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Good fences make good neighbors."

I don't think the Israel-Palestine wall is immoral; as long as it follows the West Bank border of the 1949 armistice (or is it 1967?). You know, the West Bank 'border' you see on any major company's map (like National Geographic or Rand McNally)... this border closes off Israel and Palestine, but leaves all Palestinians free access to their Arab neighbor, Jordan, through which they can go anywhere in the world. Israel's got it worse... they want to get out of Israel alive to see the world? They have to take a boat or a plane across the Mediterranean Sea...

If Palestine had an actual government with actual leaders (not the PLO; they're just a mafia; actually, they're worse than the mafia, they actually have a code of honor and don't attack civilians... maybe they're closer to the drug lords of Central & South America?) then Palestine would have had its own functioning economy decades ago. Also, if the Arab countries love the Palestinians so much, why don't they even allow Palestinians to visit their countries? What's up with that?

And, since when did the UN's comments mean anything? The UN has been, and will be, a worthless organization as long as it allows dictatorships and Communist countries to be members. I say the UN is a threat to the environment. Look how many trees they've killed in 50 years generating all that worthless paperwork!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There is precisely one good reason to continue building the fence: It works

UN, this time through the International Court of Justice, has refused to deal realistically with the role of Palestinian violence.

The International Court of Justice failed to address the essence of the problem and the very reason for building the fence - the indiscriminate, murderous campaign of terror that Israelis are facing. Palestinian terrorism has taken the lives of nearly 1,000 Israelis in over 20,000 attacks over the last three and a half years. No other country would act differently in the face of such an evil campaign. This opinion places the victims of terror on trial, instead of the terrorists.

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
One reason often cited as being the (non-biblically related) birth of hatred for Jews in Europe was the practice of usury. The Catholic church forbade it at the time, leaving the market free for Jews, which caused much resentment from their debtors.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

If her story turns out to be a hoax, why would she do this?

story seems to be hoax. AP / haaretz wrote, that both France-Info radio and the television station LCI reported that the young woman had filed several complaints for violence and aggression in the past that never panned out.

But in France, there were 510 anti-Jewish acts or threats in the first six months of 2004 - nearly as many as in all of last year, 593.

AP / Haaretz: France: Anti-Semitism is 'a reality that we must combat'

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I really don't care about anti-Semitism if the Israelis want to build walls and bomb civilians from helicopter and then complain or cry that people are hating on them oh well as long as it don't bother me.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Agent47:

The closet neo nazi/anti semitc idea of the month winner has been found.

Tell me how criticizing ISRAELI policy is anti-semitic. Don't pretend to know me because you don't. Don't pretend to know what or who I hate without knowing me.

Don't make silly accusations that you can't back up.

4. Where did you get Nazi from?

a. The Nazi's never built a wall around anything to keep people out. Instead they invaded neighbors.

b. You might have mixed up your history and thought the "Berlin Wall" was built by nazis. See Joseph Stalin.

c. Yes the Jews are just imulating the rabid hate movement that almost wiped them out.

Your line of reasoning is mind boggling and borders on Anti Semitic.

Nazis were fascist and racist. Sharon's government is fascist and racist.

Learn your history, pal. The "Separation Wall" is creating a gigantic Warsaw Ghetto. Ever heard of that? They were for the same purpose.

Your continued critique of the Iraq war, and strong opposition to American intervention in Sudan could lead someone to think you are Pro -Arab.

So? Is that an actual crime? What does pro-Arab equate to in your mind?

Being pro arab is not a crime, but when coupled with your comments on the "nazi wall" and how "the jews have anti semitism coming", leads me to label you.

A closet jew hater.

Lucky thing you know absolutely nothing about me, but nice try pretending to. Like I said before, stick to things you know about.

If I say the IDF is the largest State-Sponsored Terrorist Force in the world, does that make me a Jew hater? Because what I say about the IDF has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I feel about Jewish people as a whole.

But you can't see that because you figure any disagreement that I have with Israeli policy is due to anti-semitism on my part.

But, do what you like, I've learned long ago to ignore people who toss around labels instead of trying to engage in intellectual discourse. Maybe you're just not equipped for it.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Jakomo]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Learn your history, pal. The "Separation Wall" is creating a gigantic Warsaw Ghetto. Ever heard of that? They were for the same purpose.

Do yourself a favour. Learn about shoah and Warsaw Ghetto.

warsaw ghetto
pictures of the warsaw ghetto
Yad Vashem

Thanks
Rebekka

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Tell me how criticizing ISRAELI policy is anti-semitic. Don't pretend to know me because you don't. Don't pretend to know what or who I hate without knowing me.

You constantly lash out against Israel and blame them for creating anti-semitism, that smacks of racism from me.

Nazis were fascist and racist. Sharon's government is fascist and racist.

Whos rights are getting trampled? What citizens of Israel have had their lives turned into a police state? The Palestinians are simply squatters ejected from every Arab state except the parcel of land they currently occupy.

Where is the racism? Its called preventing terrorism, its only racist due to your rabid hate of Israel.

So? Is that an actual crime? What does pro-Arab equate to in your irrational, ignorant mind?

Doesn't the line right after that state that being Pro-Arab is not a crime.

Dont label me ignorant when you cant understand a line of sentences.

Lucky thing you know absolutely nothing about me, but nice try pretending to. Like I said before, stick to things you know about.

Once again, its pretty easy to play spot the racist..

Your irrelevent. So much so I find it a waste of time to try and debate you as every time someone tries you refuse to even consider a train of thought besides your own.

Who cares if I "know" you or not, quite frankly your a curmudgeon and Id rather avoid seeing you altogether.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Riwka: I know a fair amount about the Warsaw Ghetto, and it's an instance where the Nazis had a WALL that fenced in one specific ethnic population and didn't allow them to leave. Obviously with different, horrible consequences.

history1900s.about.com...

The Nazis invaded Poland in September of 1939. By October of 1940, they had confined nearly 400,000 Jews in a 3.5 square mile area of Warsaw which normally housed about 160,000. The area was surrounded by a wall 10 feet high and was sealed off on November 15, 1940. Jews were forbidden to go outside the area on penalty of being shot on sight. No contact with the outside world was allowed.

While there's no comparison to the Nazis terrible, unspeakable acts and intent, there's that wall. That wall that keeps the people inside confined in a huge open air prison. Unable to leave, which is the case for most Palestinians. Even if they do get a chance to leave officially, it's almost impossible to get back in officially.

So I'd say my comparison between the "Separation Barrier" and a "nazi wall" are pretty apt.

Maybe it's like when an abused child grows up to become and abusing parent. It never makes any sense, but sometimes it's human nature, and almost an instinctual defense mechanism.

Ok now I'm freakin myself out.

Agent47:

Once again, its pretty easy to play spot the racist..

Blah-bitty-blah. Again, you don't know me. You say things like, "oh this smacks of racism", and "you and your rabid hatred of Israel". And it's a little tiresome, give me something to work with, something that adds to the thread.

Who cares if I "know" you or not, quite frankly your a curmudgeon and Id rather avoid seeing you altogether.

Then Ignore me, go for it.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Jakomo]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

someone from another discussion board I frequent pointed out I may have been a bit too quick to have used this example.

The discussion I posted here, used this example, and I believe the discussion is still valid, though the example may now not be accurate

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what is anti-semitism?

Respects,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join