It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1996 Alleged piece of metal from Art bell show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ok so i know the roswell incident has been done to death, and i have'nt posted here for quite a while now but i stumbled opon this

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Apparantly back in 1996 on the Art bell radio show, Art bell was sent anoymous letters one of which supposedly contained a piece of metal from the alleged roswell crash in 1947.

After sending it off to be tested on they find that its 99% aluminum and after that they send it off for even more tests, and after reading the manuscripts from the show one of the questions that appeard to me was what happend to this piece of metal after the last test?, was it just a scrap piece of metal or something else?, and where is it now?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
this is very interesting do you know what the othe 1% was

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This article leaves more questions thn answers. It looks like we have to take the anonymous letter for what it is worth. I am on my last semester of school for welding technologies. I can tell you that it is possible, even in the 40's to machine perfect matching squares of aluminum. All it takes is precision and patience and this is done by any machinist. Here is a few snipits I found interesting.

Finding a coated alloy does not mean the fragments are from an extraterrestrial craft either. Pure aluminum does not exist naturally, because the element is so reactive with other elements that all 99% pure aluminum has been processed by someone, somewhere. Aluminum does not corrode, so using it as a metal coating is part of our twentieth- century industrial technology. And if it worked here, maybe it's used to build round disks that travel through time and space somewhere else, too.

TextYeah, they found one or two micron silicon fragments, and I have confirmed that silicon is used in the aluminum manufacturing process. It can be used as an alloy and it can also be used as a flux to clean out equipment where they are working with aluminum alloys. So that could explain why there are those small sand dust pieces. There were some slightly different percentages on the vent, what we call the vent, and that long scrap. They had some other mixtures which also could have come from the dust of work with an alloy. And maybe in the final result, we will have an alloy that might be some company's sophisticated punch- out scrap. And then that would mean that whoever sent these letters and sent these pieces was perhaps trying to run us off in a red hering. Or, it could end up being another anomaly that we have studied but we could never prove its origin, like so many other puzzles in UFO phenomena.

It sounds like there is alot of speculation(of course) into these being from a craft. Silicon can be found in sandblasting the aluminum pieces for a shiny coating, I have personally ran a sandblaster. Or the silicon can be from casting the aluminum. There is no evidence that these came from a ufo. I think that if there was something to the story then Art would have followed up on this story later. Since it is an old article and nothing came of it, I am going to dismiss this as another "story."

Thank you for posting this. I have never seen this article before. While it is an interesting article, there just is not enough to go on to call it a piece of a ufo. This is my .02 cents

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That reminds me. Art Bell had a story from a time traveler who sent Art photos of a coin from 2010... or 2009. The person sent the photos in 1999, maybe around July? So... anyone know what happened to those photos? Because I'd like to compare them to actual coins today and see how they match up.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
but would it be the first of its kind for the perfection and quality it shows

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by huh11132
but would it be the first of its kind for the perfection and quality it shows

Like I said, a machinist's job is to be perfect. How did we have electricity in 1947? It was produced from extremely precise electrical motors. Precision is not the key here. It is the aluminum. I looked up aluminum alloys.

Thus, 1030 would indicate 99.30% minimum aluminum. without special control on individual impurities. The designations 1130, 1230, 1330, etc.. indicate the same purity with special control on one or more impurities. Likewise. 1100 indicates minimum aluminum content of 99.00% with individual impurity control.

www.aircraftspruce.com...

I know that the op's article stated that the aluminum "could" be a coating. But once again there is a lack of information. The 1% is added for the alloys properties. This article states the elements that are added to aluminum to make aluminum alloys.

edit on 25-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: the to this

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
oh im just in aww if it was human made because wouldnt you think there would be a much greater imperfection to it

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aletheia

Information vanishes to be replaced by internet rumors. In the end the rumor becomes the new fact

It is the way of things

Why not ask Art Bell?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

edit on 25-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join