It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all the "2012" believers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My theory on 2012 is that it will get as bad as we let it get.

I think some people who are devout in their belief that the world is going to end will begin to act like animals as the date approaches. I suspect there will be fear mongering, false prophets, predictions of doom, and a general collapse of civility. I don't think any of that is what the Mayans predicted. I think it's what humans will do to ourselves versus what will happen to the planet at large.

If the world DOES fall into peril in 2012 ... it's my opinion that our own hands will be responsible for it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
There were 2 doom scenarios in 2000: Y2k and a planetary alignment. In 2001 there was millennium claim because 2001 was the start of the new 1000 years. In 2003 there was the Mars ripping the guts out of the Earth claim. I forget 2007. Now it is 2011, 2012, ...

The first 2012 claims come from the 1980s when New Age authors noticed that here was something they could write hoaxes about. As the date comes closer more voices appear.

There are those that have thought every one of these dates was going to be the end of civilization. I remember reading about IT folks that quit their jobs to build compounds.

There have been claims that odd things are happening. And frankly that's not true.
1. The magnetic holes come and go
2. The magnetic poles are moving and have done so since they were first located.
3. There is no increase in seismic activity
4. Natural disasters are not incre4asing except for floods. The latter is due to human activity such as poor land management, deforestation, construction, ...
5. Animal die offs have always happened and nothing unusual is happening.
6. There are no Mayan prophecies associated with the long count calendar
7. There is no Nibiru out there.

BTW, a pole shift is a change in the rotational axis orientation, not a magnetic event.

Ummm I don't know if you realize it, but your post looks 100% like you are one of the 'disinformationalist' many sites are being flooded with right now across the internet. If I didn't know any better I'd swear your post was written by NASA.

BTW you are completely wrong on more then half of those points, so obviously you ARE a disinformationalist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to type into google any number of the points you stated that you are trying to pass off as wrong/non-existent/normal/not happening/never/no, etc. If you believe your words to be true, I would very much love to see you create your own thread proving point by point to all of us ATS members everything you numbered off there. By all means, please give yourself some credibility, or not.....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Whats the point in worrying about future end of world events if we don't know the outcome of the current ones?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WOWITSNOW

astrobiology.nasa.gov...
nasa says no solar max in 2012 but 2013.
Has his statements changed since 2009?

wisdomofzo.com... 2012-part-1/
edit on 10-2-2011 by WOWITSNOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Here's my issue with nasa. David morrison says alot about things he know's about and in 2009 he state's at 3 minutes into video that there is no solar maxium for 2012.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

fast forward a couple years later

solarsystem.jpl.nasa.gov...

NOW solar max has gone to 2012-2014.

Nasa is the greatest weather man alive. Once you can predict if it's going to rain at a precise moment in time in a certain area to the second then you will take this man's job. Ron Burgundy what's your thought's.

"Wow. (NASA) Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I personally don't subscribe to the "end of the world" paranoia for 2012. Really there is no way that we (humans) can predict the future with any paramount certainty. Really, a person would need to know where every quark is within every proton, neutron, and electron within the universe has been since the GOD particle was made to know whats going to happen in the future. The act of knowing where they are would inherently change the future path, thus still making it impossible to know the future (sort of like the grandfather paradox).
I will however give my personal predictions for 21-12-12.
1. The suicide and murder rates will rise more in one month than ever before in recorded history. (little guess about the nature of man)
2. Probably be the beginning month of the largest baby boom in history (need to replace the dead.)
3. Around a 30- 50% rise in the chrime rate for 12-2012.
4. At least a temporary collapse in civilization across the planet.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Captainwolfeking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Ummm I don't know if you realize it, but your post looks 100% like you are one of the 'disinformationalist' many sites are being flooded with right now across the internet. If I didn't know any better I'd swear your post was written by NASA.

BTW you are completely wrong on more then half of those points, so obviously you ARE a disinformationalist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to type into google any number of the points you stated that you are trying to pass off as wrong/non-existent/normal/not happening/never/no, etc. If you believe your words to be true, I would very much love to see you create your own thread proving point by point to all of us ATS members everything you numbered off there. By all means, please give yourself some credibility, or not.....

BTW, you are completely wrong. Just because you are able to find hoaxes posted on the internet does not justify any of the gibberish that was posted.

If you actually think that I was wrong on more than half of my points, then I dare you to justify any single point on which you think I was wrong. You made the claim and I want to see you justify any one point. Go ahead and pick any point you think is the strongest and try to justify it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WOWITSNOW

The ability to predict solar phenomena is not as reliable as other issues. That is well known. So what is your beef here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join