It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to create largest mega city in the world with 42 million people

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

www.teleg raph.co.uk

China is planning to create the world's biggest mega city by merging nine cities to create a metropolis twice the size of Wales with a population of 42 million.

The new mega-city will cover a large part of China's manufacturing heartland

"It will help spread industry and jobs more evenly across the region and public services will also be distributed more fairly,"

"Residents will be able to choose where to get their services and will use the internet to find out which hospital, for exa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
China is moving foward while we are very much moving backwards!

We are bankrupting ourselves while our high-interest rate loaners are putting their feet up laughing at us!

Our destiny cannot be a nice one, I don't see it as possible anymore.

I think it's now important more than ever to learn chinese, I may be wrong though but a few classes would not hurt.

This mega-city project is very interesting, obviously it's going to be the work force of the world!

It reminds me of a simpsons episode where Homer gets a job somewhere really out there to work for a nuclear plant with a guy who was trying to take over the world.

Thoughts ATS?

www.teleg raph.co.uk

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Our company is currently spending a BILLION upgrading in the US not to mention today they announced they are buying a plastics company. All for better quality for our customers. A sensor cmpany I'm dealing with told me they are bringing everything back in because of qulaity problems. Cost and quality is out quality and cost is in finally

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah they're moving forward, paying 32 Cents/hr. Sure that is forward thinking. lol.

Everyone who want to Follow China Should give up their US citizenship and just move there already!
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling wtf?
& ADDING STUFF

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: DAMMIT AGAIN!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I was just recently laid-off from Whirlpool factory that makes refrigerators here in Fort Smith, AR. They outsourced most of their models to Mexico because it's cheaper for them to have made. They are having a mass amount of quality issues as well due to this. Even before the lay-off we would get a large amount of refrigerators shipped back to our plant for rework that were done in Mexico. It's saddening to see companies work this way.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I have to say that this is pretty mind-boggling, just the size of it all. And what will the implications be?
Are we looking at a city of the future? I believe this sounds much more useful than Dubai dumping cement into the ocean to make artificial islands that will be under water before we know it.
I hope this really does improve the living situation for those who are in that metropolis, but I'd like to hear from some citizens how they feel about.
How will it effect us here in the US? Hopefully in a good way, China could be raising the bar here which may inadvertently help guide the direction of places like Detroit/Metro Detroit (needs lots of help here in MI!)

Then again....
Perhaps this is just a great way to start a trend of getting mass amounts of people to get under their proverbial thumb.
Not that we aren't already, but this could possibly make the thumb bigger, stronger and depending on the hand, more friendly and helpful.

We shall see, but I would love to learn some opinions from those who live there.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.teleg raph.co.uk

China is planning to create the world's biggest mega city by merging nine cities to create a metropolis twice the size of Wales with a population of 42 million.

The new mega-city will cover a large part of China's manufacturing heartland

"It will help spread industry and jobs more evenly across the region and public services will also be distributed more fairly,"

"Residents will be able to choose where to get their services and will use the internet to find out which hospital, for exa

What they don't tell you is most of the working force can't even afford those services!

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Our company is currently spending a BILLION upgrading in the US not to mention today they announced they are buying a plastics company. All for better quality for our customers.

All for better quality?
That's what everyone says LOL.

What kind of upgrade are we talking about?

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Everyone who want to Follow China Should give up their US citizenship and just move there already

Anyone who wants the U.S. to invest domestically should give up their citizenship and move to China?

No i'll tell you what, anyone who wants the U.S. to continue not investing domestically and offshore everything overseas should.... move overseas!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No, I want the US to invest domestically, I don't want victorian workhouses, which this china thing stinks to high heaven of, I was stating facts about the way their workforce is treated. If they are doing this it is for those worforce that are buiding our products, and making it easier for our outsourcing companies to gain a workforce and settle there. That's the way I see it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm very concerned with how the workers are treated, indeed. But if China is aiming at manufacturing damn near everything (they nearly do) then these big metropolis areas will be crucial, as transportation must be highly organized and yadda yadda yadda.

Actually it's kind of how I envisioned the city to be in Orwell's 1984.

What would happen if the outsourcing all of sudden was cut drastically and the US started making it's own goods?
This city they're building would be fairly empty perhaps?

I'm not sure, I know I would like to see US stop outsourcing, period. We all know the story, quality products last longer, create jobs for those who attain the skills to make them and support more of a functioning, independent community.

But somehow, I feel this mega city goes beyond the relation to outsourced jobs going there. I feel there's got to be something bigger on the horizon.
Not sure what that is, we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Wow really? China has cheap labor and resources. It's growing. Well duh, of course it is growing! Growth means urbanization. They are switching from agricultural economy to industrial. Urbanization is growing. Cities are growing. Growing cities merges together.

China is something similar to what USA was 100 - 150 years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What happened to all those other ghost towns they have?

Another city??These guys just love building cities.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Yeah they're moving forward, paying 32 Cents/hr. Sure that is forward thinking. lol.

Everyone who want to Follow China Should give up their US citizenship and just move there already!
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling wtf?
& ADDING STUFF

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: DAMMIT AGAIN!

considering the costs of Living are diffrent in other countries
and then take into account exchange rates

some could say americans get paid way less in an hour then Brits
but then again costs of living is more here

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions

What would happen if the outsourcing all of sudden was cut drastically and the US started making it's own goods?

It's free market baby. Americans love free market. Ironic isn't it? America might get killed by her own son "Free market".

USA needs cheap labor. Open Mexican border or if you don't like immigrants buy Chinese goods or work for 3rd world country salary!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Does this mean the Chinese economy needs more propping up?
interesting news, thanks for sharing..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
China is moving foward while we are very much moving backwards!

Chinese has no choice, they never do, this is how they manage to stay as a nation for so long. They have to be discipline on everything that matters the most, economy, military, and resources. They have a lot of problems such as water crisis, inflation, among other things. They have to evolve otherwise it'll be catastrophe for them... definitely need to pick up the pace on space colonization.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What is missing in this thread is any connection to the UN's Agenda 21.
This announcement from China comes a couple of weeks after Russia said that it would start a process of building 20 large city centers into which it would put is population. The current situation is too scattered into small villages, etc.

The hives are coming people--correction--the hives are coming for the worker drones. Probably each will come with a digital TV and the local beverage of choice in the regulation 'fridge. The TVs, of course, will be two-way units and have an official over-ride channel to break into your regular boardcast for important government messages.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

I thought london was big with 10 million. Bizarre if true.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The megacity is one EMP bomb or zombie virus away from a 42 million person waste-land.

I grew up in a large city and it's just not the life for me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions

It's free market baby. Americans love free market. Ironic isn't it? America might get killed by her own son "Free market".

USA needs cheap labor. Open Mexican border or if you don't like immigrants buy Chinese goods or work for 3rd world country salary!

Fist you work for third world salary...Didn't think so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join