It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"V" for Victory Has begun.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
I was shocked to see one of these flyers posted on a cubicle wall when I walked into work at a client site on Monday. Very big client, in a fairly conservative area of the country.

I was almost as surprised to see it still on the wall when I came in today.

I seriously doubt that whoever posted it is looking to furthur Alen Jones' financial aenda. People are taking this seriously.

Two separate issues, I agree.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Read something the other day about TPTB having screened V again to make people fear Aliens more to further their own agendas, etc. So thinking about this kind of makes it funny if that's true, because instead we have people putting V posters all over to show solidarity against the governments, which should kind of make them gutted. (and no I don't believe that 'is' the case at all, just saying it'd be great if it was.)
edit on 25-1-2011 by ZoneHacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Frankly I'm a bit sickened.

1) Posters? I mean, posters? Hang on. No. I mean EFFIN POSTERS? Has nobody watched the film? Whatever the symbol, whatever it means to you, the whole point is to take a risk to make a statement. That way, when others see it, they know that there's @least somebody else prepared to put their liberty on the line for a cause they may have sympathy with. Posters? No my friends - PAINT! (it doesn't come off that easily)

2) That Alex Jones should try to link his name with "V for Vendetta" is literally incredible. What next? Dolly Parton does interracial BDSM? I'd like to think the filmmakers are preparing to sue, but I expect there was a prior deal. Look out for a new Blueray Collector's Edition...

3) I'm reminded of the likes of Bill Haley, Elvis Presley, The Monkees, Malcom McClaren, Debby Harry rapping. I've missed out a lot, but to nail the point, I'll add Vanilla Ice, after whom the list gets innumerable. Still, just to get something off my chest, I'll also add with a broad brush, any female vocalist & producer that think they're Lauren Hill & Wycliff Jean & just so aren't. Oh yeah & whatever happened to the word "freedom"? That's right. The same thing. "Freedom Fries". I honestly cant use the word without some degree of sarcasm. Check it out my friends, "Do you want freedom with your corporate packaged, hormone, antibiotic, pesticide laden GM rebellion burger? With a coke to wash it down of course. Supersize?"

Someone beat me to it, but anyway...

V for Vaudeville

I'm also reminded conversely of "No More Heroes" by The Stranglers. Now I really feel sick. Sad too. I'm looking for my nutsack, but all I can find is the memories of political action. The grief I got for it. The resilience I once had & the knowledge that if I get busted for anything similar again, the consequences will be beyond my ability to withstand.
Where are you young turks coming up behind me? Aren't you supposed to look @old farts like me & say "Whatever. I can do better?"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Now here is a real Bunken Drum for you:

You were probably like me that second generatio to come out of the tail end of the sixties in the mid seventies picking up the revolutionary legacy as a slip kid.

Look I am sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but no, the kids today are just no good at causing trouble, unless it's a game they can play on their x-boxes or cell phones.

They think rebelling is watching an Alex Jones video and logging on to ATS.

It will be up to us and not them when the SHTF and that's probably a good thing! Cause when it comes to causing...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Alex Jones or Infowar.com, but it's a pretty good idea. Though I would print out V posters that does not include "Infowars.com" on them, just a simple, red V on black background. Let people draw their own conclusions from it. Plus, it adds a creepy air of mysteria to it, which intrigues people and makes them want to find out more about it by their own accord.

Too bad it was Alex Jones that thought of this campaign, but, eeh, let it supercede simple Infowars.com ambitions, and it'll be a great idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I kinda think it's an experiment to see how much influence Alex Jones has on people... like when he's constantly telling his FB fans "here are the keywords for the day", urging them to google the terms so they come up on the most popular searches, and probably drive traffic to infowars articles.

Sure, it might help to raise awareness, but I think that's incidental. Alex sometimes makes good points, has interesting guests etc, so once in a while I'll watch a show... but I don't really like people who make cult-like followers of others and then exercise power over them. If you think you need a leader, have fun, but watch your step.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Belay the frealin bickering for once.
There is something monentous thats gonna sweep the whole world if we can get off our duffs and put down those smug attitudes weve been programmed to carry like a chip on our shoulders for most ever...
No this is not the best that humans can do for governence!
Our democracy is a sham, it was stolen by the corporatacy, and the never ending river of bribe money that flows deper than the potomac river into washington. (which they named after a primitive money laundering scheme.)
The sign doesnt mean anything without the feelings we have of being robbed and disenfranchised by the PTB>
Whatever they want, it not gonna be to our benefit, so lets try to unite rather than fragment this fledgling movement.
Ill get behind anything that brings us together in united front against the takeover of our goverments by the corporations whose wealth and power has eclipsed that of many goverments .
It is time to break the corporations up into smaller and more sensitive units which are aimed at providing humans with products we need rather than crap we are sold.
Their influence in the affairs of goverment must be cut off!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ha! Yeah, I can only think that I picked rebelliousness up from having 2 recessive versions of the "submit to threats of or actual violence gene". I'm guessing I must have @least 1 dominant "F# you! gene" as well. My childhood was almost devoid of political discussion, but somehow I was a political animal before I had hair on my balls.
My kids know how. They even know why. Its just they dont seem to have grasped "when" yet. Perhaps I should've beaten them?
They're like so many: waiting for a leader. In the name of all thats warm, wet & stinks of fun, can anyone envisage Alex "Whinging-Not-Doing" Jones as that leader?

Still, how long have we been saying "when the revolution comes"? It hasn't, so I cant blame anyone really. The bulk of us turned out just as gutless as kids seem to be these days, in the final analysis.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Uh huh. I could print one of these up and post it on a power line pole right now. Would that ,mean anything to anyone? Would that make a change?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
whatever you jones sceptics say, if the average joe is going to try looking to alternative media for the 1st time , i,d rather they went to infowars 1st . it was my stepping stone and its a good one because they always use sources high profile ones and they show documentation to back claims up . A lot of the stuff on ats is far out man lol and a lot of us struggle with it so imagine what it would be like for 1st timers .
the thread "im in an empty room but i, m never alone " springs to mind lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Loving the new avatar GV

Yeah, Infowars are allright in my books, they seem to have their facts and ideas straight.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I like the message in this...which is basically "quit spending all day watching videos and talking to people who agree with you, get up and do something!"

The problem with the VAST MAJORITY of the people in the movement is that they are lazy. They see themselves as "infowarriors" who sit at their computer reading about the work of other people. However, they will always find an excuse as to why they personally can't attend a rally, pass out DVDs or ANYTHING.

I'm about to start a project that basically echoes many of the ideas of this contest. I was planning on doing this months ago, and I had no intention of entering into a contest...but with a simple plug for Infowars web site I could increase my viewership by many thousands. I think that, because my project will be professionally produced using high dollar equipment and all of that...and its essentially a promotional tool of my own...Alex Jones may refuse to allow it into the competition...not sure. I'm doing the project either way...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

i will tell you what - lets meet back here - at this thread in 1 years time - and see whats happened - shall we ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join