It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"V" for Victory Has begun.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I tell you what though.. These posters are just the beginning.. The list of Conspiracy theorists is growing exponentially these days.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I like it, nice, simple, to the point. A good, clean and fun way to get the message out and show support. V could mean lots of things, it does mean people have had enough and starting to unite and show solidarity against an unjust system.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don;t see how posting giant V's everywhere is showing resistance, and to what?
I trust there is more to this than just plastering letters but the beforeitsnews article says nothing about it.

Yes, and please ignore the "dumb" responses and one line replies.
They add nothing to the thread and simply fill up server space unnecessarily.
Thanks

The reason more conspiracy theorists are coming around is because you can only hide the truth for so long.
Once the cat is out of the bag you know what you get ~ Kittens

edit on 25-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

If you have the time to watch the video at the bottom of the post it Explains it all really

Not much to it at the moment but then again the entire campaign has only just begun

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I actually don't know what this whole V for Victory thing is all about.I do remember there being some thread of guy who shot at teachers who also spray painted the V sign on the walls.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Great post,hopefully more people will wake up, and not just chalk all this up to the conspiricy theorist,as TPTB would like everyone to believe.It's scary because in the past few years I started looking into all this kind of stuff,and hearing all the people saying,the day is comming,the day comming,and now I see a lot of what there saying was true. I hope it's not to late to stop the rise of the NWO, and for people to awaken from their matrix like trance! V= Victory

V V
V V
V V
V

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
something doesn't feel right...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I don;t see how posting giant V's everywhere is showing resistance, and to what?
I trust there is more to this than just plastering letters but the beforeitsnews article says nothing about it.

Yes, and please ignore the "dumb" responses and one line replies.
They add nothing to the thread and simply fill up server space unnecessarily.
Thanks

The reason more conspiracy theorists are coming around is because you can only hide the truth for so long.
Once the cat is out of the bag you know what you get ~ Kittens

edit on 25-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

You are correct of course, but he did pin the tail on the donkey quite nicely I thought. But back to the topic.
Honestly, I think the whole thing makes an outward showing of solidarity. Something that is sorely needed today. But I think the ones with infowars plastered on them lose their effect. Nevertheless, if you can get enough folks to do something as simple as posting V's everywhere, then maybe you can go a step further, a step at a time.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by asuradna

Have you by any chance sat on a pin or tack?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Asktheanimals

If you have the time to watch the video at the bottom of the post it Explains it all really

Not much to it at the moment but then again the entire campaign has only just begun

Ask the Animals has raised some very valid points.

The posters are ambiguous at best.

Let us hark back to the mid 1980’s when all of a sudden billboards started popping up on the Sunset Strip and other places proclaiming “Kilroy Was Here”.

The Kilroy campaign continued on pretty much as a mystery for months, with “Kilroy Was Here” popping up in posters, and billboards all over town.

No one really knew what it meant, who was behind it, why they were doing it, but it really piqued a lot of curiosity out on the streets.

It turned out several months later that it was the Rock Bank Styx behind it, that Kilroy was the hero in a Rock Opera they were then finally ready to release the album for and embark on a tour of stage productions.

It was widely and wildly successful for them, one of the best marketing campaigns conceived in a long time.

Yet it took millions of dollars and a huge ongoing commitment to capitalize on the idea.

An idea for profit and to make money for the entertainment industry and entertainers and Alex Jones as well as Jesse Ventura who’s recently filed Federal Lawsuit against the TSA seems coincidentally timed with the distribution of these posters are entertainers.

Entertainers who make money by promoting conspiracy theories, and I have to be honest what I see here is a marketing campaign with a poster likely approved by a team of lawyers, put up very likely following code ordinances with all applicable fees and permits obtained in advance, likely using a hired marketing/advertising firm to do it.

This is truly not George Washington’s Oldsmobile my friend.

Not only does it represent what is likely just an illusion to a ‘fan base’ it also has the potential to backfire and to discredit a larger growing grass roots movement by tainting them with some info-tainment personalities of less than stellar reputation even within the conspiracy community, let alone amongst mainstream society.

Now not only are the people seeing these posters on the street not going to have the opportunity to see the ‘explanatory video’ you have posted to this thread, if the people who are voluntarily promoting this message (assuming you have voluntarily chosen to post this here) and they immediately seize on anyone questioning or critical by the type of adolescent divide and conquer attacks already evidenced in this thread, then this campaign is doomed to a certain failure, that will do little more than make Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura a little bit richer, the TSA and Homeland Security a little more powerful as they paint there opposition as nothing but fringe commercial opportunists looking to make a buck, while pointing out the derisive and less than cordial nature of the people promoting this campaign.

Ultimately in a war of ideas, a war of words, it requires real words, passionately and eloquently spoken that turn people’s ears, give them something to contemplate, and inspire them to better consider propositions and ideals that they previously had not.

Imagining plastering some posters on a light pole, and then assailing anyone who questions it is that kind of powerful entreaty is akin to consigning such a campaign very quickly to failure and the dustbin of history.

Look to the Tea Party to see how quickly a grass roots movement can be compromised by slick opportunists, and media pundits quick to paint it in disparaging colors based on the association of fringe elements that do not offer the main stream population hope, but frighten it with their tactics and choice of vernacular and publicity stunts.

Ultimately you have to win over a significant majority of the public for such a thing to have an impact, so my best advice is to think real long and hard about what is alienating, and what is inviting and discipline and govern yourself to that end.

Lot’s of people want to see change, but that doesn’t mean lining the pockets of a few entertainers with spare change for haphazard self serving efforts, that ultimately are designed solely for their benefits and not the people’s at large.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A veritable and vigourous viscious valiant venomous vindication in the name of victory and vengance by those who vow to vanquish vulgar vagabonds and vaccuous violent villainous vandalous vultures of freedom is the only virtuous viable vision.

V

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
After listening to the video I have to say I'm split about this.
On one hand I can see the idea of spreading the "V" sign around and using that to generate interest from people and the media into what it;s all about.
On the other hand this will all lead them to links at Infowars.com.
This will generate a lot of free publicity for what Alex Jones does for a living.

The crass part of me says he's using this for personal gain.
The hopeful part of me doesn't care if Mr. Jones does make money on this so long as the word gets out and people actually begin to protest the moves towards a one world global government and currency.

Since Alex is taking the personal risk here I think I will support the program.
VVVVVVVVVVVVV!

edit on 25-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for spelling errors

edit on 25-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

The simplest slogan often unites the largest number. Simplicity is key when delivering messages. Complicated messages become lost on mass amounts of people. So long as it is simple, people will fill in the explanations on their own.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophiaThe simplest slogan often unites the largest number. Simplicity is key when delivering messages. Complicated messages become lost on mass amounts of people. So long as it is simple, people will fill in the explanations on their own.

That is true look at the Hope and Change slogan; seems to have worked its magic.

It seems to be working out wonderfully as well....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Beneath these posters there is more than flesh.
Beneath these posters there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

please wake me up - when something happens

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Or maybe Wake yourself up and Be the thing that happens?

which one do you think youd be better rememberd for?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgsonBeneath these posters there is more than flesh.
Beneath these posters there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Yes, and behind Hope and Change is a bank account within a bank account full of pay offs and back room deals.

Those dollars back up ideas and those ideas buy influence and that makes them real and to be feared.

Wake me up when someone can raise more money than the Obama machine of corrupt politicians; then they can buy enough influence to make a difference.

Until then I will be on my farm growing my own food, storing it and preparing for that day - until you all leave the cities and stop living a consumer lifestyle "they" are not going to listen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Umm looks a lot like the "V" that disgruntled man whose wife was fired sprayed on the wall of that school-board meeting before opening fire...

I would be careful with that if I were you... I mean... It's of course just a letter, a symbol... but it could be dangerous depending upon how people interpret you ...

I am not one for "homeland security" or anything to the extent it has reached, but... allout anarchy and anger in no particular direciton with no solution is not the answer.

M

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is Alex Jones an idiot? V for Vendetta is about as pro an Anarchist message as you can get, and Jones absolutely hates Anarchism. Is constantly trying to dirty it by linking Anarchists to terrorists and government shills.

I swear the blokes wrong in his head.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join