It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the USA split over Israel ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi guys brit here and id like some opinions on this thread .
Since joining ATS I have found more and more people defending Israel s right to do what its doing , what do these people have in common ? Their either Israeli or American in MY experience .

The reason Im telling you my nationality is because IMO there are very few people in Britain who defend Israel and especially few who i consider to be the real gauge of the nations attitude . The average person in the street does not thrive on war .
So back to my question , why is the USA different ? what circumstances arise that cause your nation to be divided on this issue ?
I have my own beliefs but this thread is about those of the American people so over to you ....
Thanks for your time .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Because a huge percentage of congress are dual nationality American/Israeli Jews.

There are a myriad reasons (or conspiracies if you like) as to why this would be but that, in a nutshell, is why.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm a Canadian and you can say the same about us really. In my experience most of the people supporting ISraels actions (not their right to exist) are doing so from ignorance and racism, which the current war against Islam is helping.

another side to that, and this is also from personal experience, are the christian zionists who believe the bible, believe the Jews were chosen by god (even though those Hebrews are more related to the palestinians than Israelis) and believe it is their duty to support them through the end of days.

I think it's easier to take a step back in the UK as you still kinda have a free press. The US and Canada have a handful of media outlets all run at the top by jewish interests. What we get is heavily filtered.

I support Israel's right to exist now, because there's no turning back. What I don't support is terror, ghettos, war against civilians, and of course the land grabbing. I also don't support suicide bombers blowing up kids at McDonalds, but when confronted with their daily lives, if put in their place, I'd be fighting back anyway I could too.

The "defenders" make it about race, it's racists to question ISrael, it's racist and anti-semitic that we expect them to follow the same UN sanctions and laws everyone else does. It doesn't matter that they build Jew only roads, and Jew only suburbs. We're the racists for saying hey, draw your border and stick inside them.

It's a complex matter and I expect this thread to go into the gutter fairly fast.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, in fairness, us Brits have a pretty hostile past history with the Israelis, through-out their "war" of independance in particular. We were the evil oppressors back then, so they found it fair game to blow up establishments linked to us- for example, the King David hotel bombing- or to execute British soldiers- for example, The Sergeants Affair. Israel and The British Empire (as it was then), had a fair few other direct run-ins early on and that's probably why- our relations started on a terrible foot. Also, events such as the kidnapping of Mordechai Vananu haven't really helped along the way.

One thing I would say, though I have had no direct experience in meeting anyone who was "pro-Israel", one of the most ardent, and pretty much fanatical supporter I've seen on this board was from the UK (he's banned now)- so perhaps it is more prevelant than we think, and we just haven't met the right people.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

... I have found more and more people defending Israel[']s right to do what its doing, what do these people have in common ?

Bear in mind that opinions vary between nations, regions, municipalities, communities, neighborhoods and individuals. My opinion on this matter will differ with others. That's just the nature of our species and why we have the right to have, think and speak those differences out loud.

It is true that everyone likes to think that they have the right view, and that everyone who disagrees is wrong. Again, this is only natural. But where it gets bad is when people begin making personal attacks on others simply over those points of contention.

Just from what we know of history, Israel and Palestine... in one form or another and under one flag or another, have been waging this war for over 2000 years. So, chances that it will end anytime soon are remote.

This also means that people have been disagreeing on this subject for as many years as well, so nothing new here either.

Personally, I see no good guys in this mess. Both sides are engaged in a feud that both seem to embellish with each passing round of violence. Therefore, I take sides with neither and leave them to their bloodbath without the benefit of support or opposition.

Peace.
edit on 25-1-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I agree with you guys totally i have seen your posts before and think you contribute to this forum well .
One reason I made this thread is to give the defenders of Israel a chance to tell us why they believe so strongly in it . I applaud Americans for their patriotism and pride but YOUR country should come 1st the money you donate to the Israelis would be better used on your vast and diverse country .
America has a huge part to play in the NWO but which side will it take ? I implore you take the side of FREEDOM and LIBERTY the concepts your great country was built on .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

I despise Israel for a few reasons. First they feel they are the chosen people, this makes me laugh, if they are the chosen people why did their God cast them into the desert for so long? If you read history before they took over and kicked out the palestinians it belonged to the palestinians, They use their religion as a reason for killing adn stealing lands. The will be the cause of ww3. They are constantly bombing za. they cut the access to get food to gaza. In my opinion if israel were NOT, there would be far more peace in the world. I am not muslim, I am me. I see what they are up to and believe they are indeed the root of all evil in todays times..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
yes, I agree there is a huge percentage of American that will support Israel to their last breath. As mentioned we have a large dual citizen population (and there are quite a few that work in government) which is the first part.

The second that I haven't seen mentioned is the Evangelical population, they have been conditioned to believe that they must fight, protect, and finance Israel. These are the ones that really scare me honestly because in my experience even in discussing the conflict they really take it personally and become quite hostile when one (myself) mentions crimes or potential crimes committed by Israel. To them Israel is infallible, as they seem to believe God himself is running Israel.

I am a religious person, but honestly once a person brings God into politics nothing further will be accomplished. You can't debate or justify political actions based on one's own interpretation of God and "knowing" what God wants. I find it interesting that so many people of every different faith claim to know what God wants. Funny thing is, no one on this planet knows that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When you look past the deception going on over 9/11 Israel is one suspect that pops up in a few places, there are a few others. There are also lot of powerful positions held by people with connections to Israel which has helped block any proper or new investigations into these events. For example, the fastest way to end a career in Hollywood is to get labelled as anti-Semitic such as Mel Gibson for one. The banking industry is another with strong Israel connections and there are a lot of ongoing problems there. As for what is happening over in the West Bank people can see the trends over the years. Americans are divided on many issues, but try and blow them up and they start to unite. The fog of war has been a bit of a problem but the dust has had time to settle and the haze is lifting.

top topics

join