It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Chance for Disclosure at Tonight's State of the Union????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
To refute the possibility of alien existence in this infinite universe is foolish.

To assume that we are the best there is - would also be foolish.

I never assumed or refuted such things.

To assume that there are no intelligent species observing us in same way, as we begin our strong armed travel into space - Is just ludicrous.

Now we're getting into an area that is refutable. What is your justification for this belief, and hence, your assertion that believing otherwise is "ludicrous"?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

My justification for anything is when we cannot prove it wrong. I see hubble taking pictures of neighboring galaxies and as I look out into the vastness of space, how can I deny the possibility that there are not other groups, looking directly at us to ensure that we will not bring them harm.

Hubble is ancient technology compared to what we are coming out with, and can you imagine the tech of a species even 100 years ahead of ours? Perhaps 2000?

I rarely give into the possibility that aliens are ruling our world, but I cannot deny that overwelming possibility that they are there, watching us from afar.

Micro to macro.

We watch Russia like a hawk - Why would another world not observe ours for the same reason?

edit on 25-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by Superjamez

One question I have is: where is the tangible proof and evidence of these aliens?

It's a cover-up, so I suppose the proof and evidence is covered up

That's a bit of a circular argument. But let's move on.

How are these aliens able to interact only with governments?
How has the government managed to successfully keep such a thing a secret?
What reason would there be to disclose such a secret?
Why would you suddenly believe a government you thought was being deceptive with you for years?

You've done nothing but ask questions - Make your statement and let it rest.

You probably dont believe in aliens, we get it. In fact, you dont seem to believe in anything from what I've read unless its published in a scientific paper. I wonder, what would you have believed in the 1300's?

To refute the possibility of alien existence in this infinite universe is foolish.

To assume that we are the best there is - would also be foolish.

To assume that there are no intelligent species observing us in same way, as we begin our strong armed travel into space - Is just ludicrous.

We are at a threshold - We knocked first - they answered.

Say hello.

Whoah, calm down there buddy! He's just asking questions!

As for them:

How is not the right thing to ask, why is probably what you should go for. If they could make it all the way here, from obviously far far away, they can communicate selectively and we would be none the wiser, don't you think? Especially if they contacted the governments first.

They haven't, obviously. Thats why there are so many 'conspiracy' theories out there.

Every time I say to my family that things are becoming extremely dangerous and the world is chaotic, they always tell me "Oh its happened before, none of this is new, we'll get over it, we always do" Here's an eye opener for you, these things that are happening are happening right now, and yes, they are new and dangerous, and just because we've gone through things before doesn't mean this is not serious. We need help, and I'm willing to bet that any species that has the technology to travel the stars and have been in talks with the governments of the world are probably trying to help us out. Obviously they don't want to enslave us, attack us, steal our planet, or establish trade routes or anything of that nature, but maybe they need the public to know the truth now. Maybe they gave up on the governments and want the public to be aware of whats really going on?

Why would you suddenly believe a government you thought was being deceptive with you for years?

Thats like finding out your mom lied to you when she said that your dog went on 'vacation'. But instead of believing her, she tells you another lie and you accept that lie more because you don't want to face the truth. People, in general, do not want conflict in their lives. Thats why so many people are willing to just sit around and watch tv all day instead of cleaning and helping out neighbors. Now, as for why we're like that, thats a whole nother ballpark.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

My justification for anything is when we cannot prove it wrong. I see hubble taking pictures of neighboring galaxies and as I look out into the vastness of space, how can I deny the possibility that there are not other groups, looking directly at us to ensure that we will not bring them harm.

That is fallacious thinking. In that case, anything I can dream up that someone can't prove wrong is valid, and belief otherwise is "ludicrous". Your justification for belief should be just the opposite: you believe it when it has been proven true. Now, is it really ludicrous for me not to believe we are being watched by some extraterrestrials as we venture into space even though there's no evidence indicating any such thing?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksterson

How is not the right thing to ask, why is probably what you should go for. If they could make it all the way here, from obviously far far away, they can communicate selectively and we would be none the wiser, don't you think? Especially if they contacted the governments first.

It doesn't necessarily follow that space travel ability guarantees selective communication skills. And indeed, why would they deal only with governments?

They haven't, obviously. Thats why there are so many 'conspiracy' theories out there.

Then what is to be expected from disclosure?

Every time I say to my family that things are becoming extremely dangerous and the world is chaotic, they always tell me "Oh its happened before, none of this is new, we'll get over it, we always do" Here's an eye opener for you, these things that are happening are happening right now, and yes, they are new and dangerous, and just because we've gone through things before doesn't mean this is not serious. We need help, and I'm willing to bet that any species that has the technology to travel the stars and have been in talks with the governments of the world are probably trying to help us out. Obviously they don't want to enslave us, attack us, steal our planet, or establish trade routes or anything of that nature, but maybe they need the public to know the truth now. Maybe they gave up on the governments and want the public to be aware of whats really going on?

If that's what these aliens wanted, why would they need the government to handle the task?

Thats like finding out your mom lied to you when she said that your dog went on 'vacation'. But instead of believing her, she tells you another lie and you accept that lie more because you don't want to face the truth. People, in general, do not want conflict in their lives. Thats why so many people are willing to just sit around and watch tv all day instead of cleaning and helping out neighbors. Now, as for why we're like that, thats a whole nother ballpark.

If that's the case, if we couldn't handle the news in the past why are we suddenly able to handle it now? If the government had such a secret, how would it benefit them to disclose such information? And, why should we trust that they're being truthful about it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

even though there's no evidence indicating any such thing?

Well...Thats your opinion. - Same old story I suppose, who do you trust?

I've seen trans-dimensional beings and witnessed their intelligent behavior. So they are real to me beyond any doubt. Unfortunately they forgot to leave behind a sample of their ethereal DNA for you to test.

I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

The burden of proof is yours to collect

edit on 25-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well...Thats your opinion. - Same old story I suppose, who do you trust?

I've seen trans-dimensional beings and witnessed their intelligent behavior. So they are real to me beyond any doubt. Unfortunately they forgot to leave behind a sample of their ethereal DNA for you to test.

I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

The burden of proof is yours to collect

Unfortunately, a claim as spectacular as you've just made needs more than your word backing it.

When I asked for your justification for your belief that intelligent beings were watching us you originally said it was because it could not be proven wrong. NOT that you witnessed "trans-dimensional beings". Why didn't you tell me this immediately?

Also, I do not have a burden of proof... you still have it. Nobody can prove a negative. You've made a claim which relies on solely your testimony about a subjective experience. How do you expect others to believe it? Why do you think that others who have not had this experience are ludicrous not to believe such a thing?
edit on 25-1-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One can always hope. I don't hold my breath anymore. All Obama's done is tow the same PTB line. That's what I expect, however there could always be some surprises. We're getting to the point where things should be breaking wide open, with the quickening of all sorts of strange things on the planet, so BO could stink or he could be OB and help birth the creation of something new. We'll see tonight.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That the people rise up and start making changes where it matters most. If we're to keep the family alive and maintain our ways of life, we need to stop thinking globally and more locally. We need to stop focusing on what he said she said and start thinking more and learning more withOUT any other incentive other than personal growth. We care too much about what people think of us than what we think of ourselves.

If that's what these aliens wanted, why would they need the government to handle the task?
If you came to aid a village and you observed that their people are too caught up in their own lives and customs to even acknowledge that there are even white people in the world, don't you think it would shock them to see you? Also, you can't just go around handing them new technologies or introducing new customs. You have to get to them through their village chiefs, who are the ones who need to lay down the ground rules. Its much the same way in this case.

If that's the case, if we couldn't handle the news in the past why are we suddenly able to handle it now? If the government had such a secret, how would it benefit them to disclose such information? And, why should we trust that they're being truthful about it?

We are more able to because we've been buffering and preparing for the news. All these movies, books, and tv shows about aliens, and now whole websites devoted to the possibility and discussion about aliens, when in the past, if we saw something that was different than us, we would more than likely shoot it down. At the state that the world is in right now, if peaceful aliens disclosed their existance to the public and started cleaning up our atmosphere (which according to Billy Meier is one of the things they need our permission for) I think the whole world would be welcoming of them. Especially if they came bearing the EXTREMELY relieving news that there are PEACEFUL aliens out there and that we dont' have to worry, we have friends in them.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well, theres more and more testimony by the day, its not just mine. Something weird is going on out there.

Its not a big deal if someone doesnt believe or try to see the way I do. But I know its there, I feel the wind on my face yet there is nothing to see. It is the same with these beings in most instances.

It all breaks down to experience, perhaps one day you will find your foundations shaken to the core as I have.

Nothing is too far out to believe now - Wait and see my friend - wait and see.

Interesting times await us all - we need not debate this matter any more.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksterson
That the people rise up and start making changes where it matters most. If we're to keep the family alive and maintain our ways of life, we need to stop thinking globally and more locally. We need to stop focusing on what he said she said and start thinking more and learning more withOUT any other incentive other than personal growth. We care too much about what people think of us than what we think of ourselves.

How would any of those things happen as a result of the government claiming the existence of aliens?

If you came to aid a village and you observed that their people are too caught up in their own lives and customs to even acknowledge that there are even white people in the world, don't you think it would shock them to see you? Also, you can't just go around handing them new technologies or introducing new customs. You have to get to them through their village chiefs, who are the ones who need to lay down the ground rules. Its much the same way in this case.

Are you saying that, if you're and alien, the best way to establish your alien existence is to let the government say that you exist?

We are more able to because we've been buffering and preparing for the news. All these movies, books, and tv shows about aliens, and now whole websites devoted to the possibility and discussion about aliens, when in the past, if we saw something that was different than us, we would more than likely shoot it down. At the state that the world is in right now, if peaceful aliens disclosed their existance to the public and started cleaning up our atmosphere (which according to Billy Meier is one of the things they need our permission for) I think the whole world would be welcoming of them. Especially if they came bearing the EXTREMELY relieving news that there are PEACEFUL aliens out there and that we dont' have to worry, we have friends in them.

There is a hypothesis that pop media about aliens is a desensitization program, however there is good evidence that they exist simply because it's a lucrative entertainment venture. It still doesn't answer one of my questions: what benefit is there to disclosure by the government?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well, theres more and more testimony by the day, its not just mine. Something weird is going on out there.

But testimony alone doesn't establish truth. Hundreds of people will testify that they've seen bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster.

But let's take your claim at face value. If you've witnessed these aliens that are allegedly only dealing with governments, then they're obviously not dealing with just governments. Unless you're employed by government. Are you?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it strange that the topic has shifted so much?? I'm interested in hearing what people think the President is going to say tonight on Disclosure of ANYTHING. So please can we stay on topic before the thread is shut down and nobody gets to hear what people think. Start a completely new thread on disclosure or join in on one of the HUNDREDS there probably already are. As for tonight....nothing lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So do you know what disclosure means now?

If so perhaps you can answer the question of the OP.

Any Chance for Disclosure at Tonight's State of the Union????

It's a simple yes or no.

It's a resounding NO from me.

No need to debate. It pointless.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Obama wouldnt be the one, now if were to elect a Ron Paul or a Jesse Ventura then I could see that happening if the powers that be wouldn't wiped them out like they did JFK as he was preparing to disclose UFO info.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't doubt Obama has no idea of super classified operations or facts of the US. From all the leaks that are coming out of his administration he rarely attends his own cabinet meetings and when he does he looks disinterested and leaves after 15 minutes. No doubt day dreaming about his next big vacation. He has spent more time on vacation than in the White House.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
Doesn't anyone find it strange that the topic has shifted so much??

Nope. OP asked a simple question and it turns into such a debate. This thread is NOT about the definition of "disclosure".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

But testimony alone doesn't establish truth. Hundreds of people will testify that they've seen bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster.

But let's take your claim at face value. If you've witnessed these aliens that are allegedly only dealing with governments, then they're obviously not dealing with just governments. Unless you're employed by government. Are you?

I do not work for the Government, they work for me apparently, as I'm paying them a great deal this year for taxes. To be honest, from what I've heard from multiple testimony the governments have forced themselves upon certain ET groups through their actions. If you subscribe to some ancient alien theories - they ET's have always been dropping in. But stone carvings and large buildings are questionable evidence.

Yes...strange thing go bump in the night my friend, people are certainly seeing something, but its probably not what they think it is. I've walked through a building late at night and seen people dressed in 18th century clothing, then in a moment they vanish. Perhaps they are not really there, but then I did see them. Perhaps big foot and loch ness are just visions of the past being glimpsed by people.

Perhaps then, ET's are just visions of the future being glimpsed.

Regardless, I am open to this possibility so as not to be shocked and awed should they actually appear to the world in full view.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
So do you know what disclosure means now?

Not really. Can you explain it to me?

If so perhaps you can answer the question of the OP.

Of course there will be no disclosure because there's nothing to disclose. Even if there were, it wouldn't happen at a State Of The Union address. And especially not while Obama the megalomaniac is in office.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yes....nothing to disclose at all...
- We know very well that the government doesnt keep secrets....right?

They've got some goodies for us Drummer, I promise you a good show in the not too distant future.

We can all have our cake and eat it to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join